Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - London Cycling

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

London Cycling
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Griffiths
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hullbilly wrote:
Well I made it!

2hrs 10mins from Walton-on-Thames to Enfield.

Nice ride all the way to camden, then it went a bit down hill (well up hill). still a good ride and was lucky with the traffic lights in wood green so didnt have to stop! Very Happy

My route was quite nice, along the thames to richmond, through richmond park, down through putney over the thames and down the kings road, sloane square (looking at the fitties:D) then hyde park and up edgware road, past lords and through regents park, then camden and UP to holloway, down through finsbury park, wood green, palmers green, winchmore hill and through enfield town park to home.

Come on ..... we want a mapmyride route, all colours and stuff, we Midlanders are getting lost Laughing
Terry Tibbs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

observer wrote:
Terry Tibbs wrote:
Des wrote:
Or you could go via Kentish Town, Highgate, Muwell Hill, Friern Barnet, Southgate to Enfield, after Camden. A bit hillier mind, but fewer chances of being shot in Wood Green Very Happy

Anyways. I thought gun crime was a Saaarf Lahndahn problem?

It's a problem almost anywhere (horrible happenings in Cumbria).
In London and big cities (Manc, the 'Pool, etc) mostly territory arguments between crime gangs, droogs, and so on. The danger is getting caught in the crossfire or mistaken id.
S.London can be a bit iffy in parts, as can the dodgier bits north of the river.

As it happens, I rode from Herne Hill to Enfield on Saturday and the only iffy section was when a motorist parped a pedestrian crossing, the rebuttal consisted of "oi she's on crutches" followed by another person runningtowards the car and doing his utmost to stick his boot through the passenger door.

Oh this took place north of the river if anyone's bovvered.
Terry Tibbs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

observer wrote:
Terry Tibbs wrote:
Des wrote:
Or you could go via Kentish Town, Highgate, Muwell Hill, Friern Barnet, Southgate to Enfield, after Camden. A bit hillier mind, but fewer chances of being shot in Wood Green Very Happy

Anyways. I thought gun crime was a Saaarf Lahndahn problem?

It's a problem almost anywhere (horrible happenings in Cumbria).
In London and big cities (Manc, the 'Pool, etc) mostly territory arguments between crime gangs, droogs, and so on. The danger is getting caught in the crossfire or mistaken id.
S.London can be a bit iffy in parts, as can the dodgier bits north of the river.

As it happens, I rode from Herne Hill to Enfield on Saturday and the only iffy section was when a motorist parped a pedestrian crossing, the rebuttal consisted of "oi she's on crutches" followed by another person runningtowards the car and doing his utmost to stick his boot through the passenger door.

Oh this took place north of the river if anyone's bovvered.
hullbilly
Cat 3 Groupie
Cat 3 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Griffiths wrote:

Come on ..... we want a mapmyride route, all colours and stuff, we Midlanders are getting lost Laughing

Bloody northern monkeys Wink

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/gb/west%20molesey/300127592782098231
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caroline wrote:

Lee wrote:
Where is the hill out of Camden to which you are all refering! Shocked Shocked Shocked

It's on the seven sisters road. It's not steep but it drags for a while. It's actually worse the other direction (either that or it's just worse because I do that direction in the morning)

I never really notice it on the way out but it is a cruel beast sometimes on the way home. Still from mine it's an easy option compared too Hampstead or Highgate.
caroline
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
caroline wrote:

Lee wrote:
Where is the hill out of Camden to which you are all refering! Shocked Shocked Shocked

It's on the seven sisters road. It's not steep but it drags for a while. It's actually worse the other direction (either that or it's just worse because I do that direction in the morning)

I never really notice it on the way out but it is a cruel beast sometimes on the way home. Still from mine it's an easy option compared too Hampstead or Highgate.

Oh good I'm glad you said that it's worse the other way, I thought I was just going like a turd in the morning Smile
hullbilly
Cat 3 Groupie
Cat 3 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:

Your just gloating! Laughing
Onei
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always have a look at routes that go along the sides of canals, Camden maybe the River Lea may take you some of the way.
Dave Griffiths
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hullbilly wrote:
Dave Griffiths wrote:

Bloody northern monkeys Wink

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/gb/west%20molesey/300127592782098231

Neat! Thanks, saved it, one never knows Wink
hullbilly
Cat 3 Groupie
Cat 3 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done this route a good few times now, best so far is 1hr 40mins, with a slight change to the route

Also havent been shot at once in wood green! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: