Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Cycling home

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Cycling home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olamba
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Cycling home Reply with quote

Was verbally abused by a passenger in a car this evening, older gentleman too. I reckon i was a foot away from the kerb doing about 20mph in a 30 Zone, the woman driving had to wait 30secs max for oncoming traffic to pass before she overtook. Got to a red light 100metres later, got upsides them, asked what the problem was & that set him off again. Unusally for me i was too shocked to sling any f*cks into him. Bizarre. I wear high-vis, 2 flashing red LED's & front light that a 747 would be proud of.

He must just hate cyclists Shocked

Just needed to vent
Chrissylaa
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cycling home Reply with quote

olamba wrote:
Was verbally abused by a passenger in a car this evening, older gentleman too. I reckon i was a foot away from the kerb doing about 20mph in a 30 Zone, the woman driving had to wait 30secs max for oncoming traffic to pass before she overtook. Got to a red light 100metres later, got upsides them, asked what the problem was & that set him off again. Unusally for me i was too shocked to sling any f*cks into him. Bizarre. I wear high-vis, 2 flashing red LED's & front light that a 747 would be proud of.

Just needed to vent

I would advise carrying a handgun.

It really puts the sh1ts up 'em when it's pointed in their face. Very Happy
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he was being carried home from the Christmas lunch. Cok.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
DenHaag
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Cycling home Reply with quote

olamba wrote:

Just needed to vent

Did you not have a water bottle?
olamba
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cycling home Reply with quote

DenHaag wrote:
Did you not have a water bottle?

No but will carry one in future Wink
olamba
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water bottle is locked & loaded.
DenHaag
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olamba wrote:
Water bottle is locked & loaded.

Just make sure they don't appear to be deranged before you squirt. Wink
Fritz
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get summoned and probably fined here if you give out any sort of abuse or aggression, no matter who you are, driver or cyclist. An English guy I knew was surprised he had a letter asking for him to attend court because he flashed his lights at someone in front on roadworks on the autobahn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: