Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - NEW LEICESTER TRACK ?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

NEW LEICESTER TRACK ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Track Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bimbadeen
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: NEW LEICESTER TRACK ? Reply with quote

Leicester Mercury today had info on a possible new track in Leicester outdoors I think imagine it won't be very steep..

If I find out anymore I'll post on here,, Ann
StuartBen
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW LEICESTER TRACK ? Reply with quote

Bimbadeen wrote:
Leicester Mercury today had info on a possible new track in Leicester outdoors I think imagine it won't be very steep..

If I find out anymore I'll post on here,, Ann

It is a 1km road circuit rather than a track. Look up the Leicester Mercury website which has an extensive report.

My view is that 1km is too short and I would guess that BC facilities department would have the same opinion. Whoever is involved from the local BC Region needs to be aware that the new BC Risk Assessment manager is applying 'one size fits all' standards across the whole country. So get it right in the first place.

After 20 years successful racing, sometimes six times per week, he has decided Hillingdon need to be limited to 80 riders. Yet it has - and still does - hold national championships and major events with many more than that.

Jobsworth!
Bally
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would they have said to 140 round the old Eastway circuit?
"real class" - George Gilbert"
StuartBen
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bally wrote:
So what would they have said to 140 round the old Eastway circuit?

Indeed. They would have ordered the organisers to restrict the fields and discouraged the careers of such as Wiggins on their way up if they were not meticulous to enter well in advance to avoid being turned away.That is happening at Hillingdon now.

BC's website tells me that since computerisation, probably in year 2,000, I have organised 440 races for 22,689 riders. That, however, does not include the previous 44 years of race promotion, quite apart from racing in fields of nearing 200 myself.

So what would I know about the many aspects of cycle racing?

Most importantly, the Leicester circuit should accommodate large fields if it is to be even remotely financially viable. otherwise it will need an ongoing subsidy of hundreds of thousands of pounds and be vulnerable to changing political views..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Track Cycling) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: