Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Another time trial death

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Another time trial death
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissylaa
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Bell wrote:
I know it is the 'right' of individuals to race on whatever course they like, but it's time that CTT took a hold of this and stopped clubs from holding races on roads which are motorways in all but name.
Of course, this won't happen, so we will all be here within the next year or so after the next TT fatality going over the same argument.

Agreed,iwas going to post exactly the same thing,sadly. Sad
John McC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin smith wrote:
Naturally, and idiots still use their phones on single carriageway roads. But less, as it isn't as easy to do it without hitting something or driving/riding off the road. Greater concentration is required, hazards are expected and the speed differential is lower.

Not for a head on, and that is what a central reservation prevents. Dual carriageways do have their plus points!
Zarate
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try running TTs British style here, on interstates(!!) and it would be a very short while before someone disappeared under an 18 wheeler, probably the driver up high in his Mack tractor unit wouldn't even notice.
Gains
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love riding TTs (well, until the final 1/3rd...) but I'll never understand why people are willing to take such huge risks just to get a PB.
trackracer
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this... What a tragedy. And not long ago I read about five racers getting run over and killed and four injured by some insane guy in a pickup. I rarely go out riding on the roads these days, it seems like an ever increasing risk to be a bicyclist in traffic. RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: