Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Landis

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Landis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe him?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 103 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 136

brakesareforwimps
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve McGinty wrote:
brakesareforwimps wrote:
It wouldn't suprise me at all if Armstrong was or is on gear.
Let's all burn our yellow wristbands!!!!!!!!!

Stick it round your neck and I'll light it for you.

Yes Sir, Mr.Armstrong!
snakeeater
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golly, team sky riders implicated in a doping scandal. Shocked. Rolling Eyes
TBK
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: balls Reply with quote

topskull wrote:
bushman wrote:
Ed2001 wrote:
two20 wrote:
Landis is like Lalin in Carlito's Way. The lowest sack of lowlife *CENSORED*, who when there is nothing left, tries to sell out his mates. What a fookin loser. The Mennonites knew what they were getting rid of him.

Funny I think he has gone up in my estimation only just but definately up.

+1 the guy cheated but took balls to come out and say that after 4 years of denial

yep you are right hes got more balls than L.A. Smile

He is certainly more balanced.................. Embarassed
JimmyRay
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on this....

I find it hard to believe that the biggest man in cyclist, the man everyone is out to get, would be so open and willing to share his dr-u-g taking with his team mates officials etc.

I am not saying Lance was clean, I am saying I find it hard that a man with so much to lose would so loosely put millions of pounds earning ability into the hands of people bound only by team loyalty.

I can't see it.

So yeah, I am sure the team were doped just as landis says, but whether Lance was at these doping events, and whether lance stored the teams blood, that seems very unlikely to me.

As said by someone else, a lot of truths, woven into a few juicy lies to get attention.

If there is truth in the blackmailing allegations, then its clear Landis needs some help. The fact remains, if he wanted to come clean, if he wanted to make a difference, surely he would have approached the UCI/Wada in private.
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone on here donate to Landis's court cost's like all them yank's did? I hope he is going to give it all back now he's owned up to being n a u g h t y after all.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
Terry Tibbs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
Did anyone on here donate to Landis's court cost's like all them yank's did? I hope he is going to give it all back now he's owned up to being n a u g h t y after all.

Next chapter is that he gave it all to Madoff
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I would like to point out that I am NOT 'USA Cycling chief executive officer Steve Johnson', who is someone else.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
Stuart

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
For the record I would like to point out that I am NOT 'USA Cycling chief executive officer Steve Johnson', who is someone else.

Come off it!
topskull
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: ny times Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/21/sports/cycling/21vecsey.html
Oranj
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
....So there's disagreement over the man's height, never mind anything else, to the tune of 4 inches?!!

I was his body double for the Madame Tussauds wax work. He's 179cm (5'10½"). They have some very nifty methods for verifying people's weight/height from photographs etc.
Stuart

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oranj wrote:
Roy Gardiner wrote:
....So there's disagreement over the man's height, never mind anything else, to the tune of 4 inches?!!

I was his body double for the Madame Tussauds wax work. He's 179cm (5'10½"). They have some very nifty methods for verifying people's weight/height from photographs etc.

Do they use a ruler?
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
JONNO wrote:

Come off it!

No honestly, people are always walking up to me in the street and saying "are you USA Cycling chief executive officer Steve Johnson" It gets a bit tedious tbh.
gswarbrick
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:

I suspect that's the reason behind the 'I did take testosterone, but not that day. What they should have found was HGH...' nonsense. In his deluded, twisted mind the protestations of innocence were perfectly justified - and, therefore, so was the fraud he perpetrated on thousands of gullible yanks - because, although he was cheating, he was innocent of the charges brought against him. Although my guess would be that that's a lie, too.
http://www.trackcycling.me.uk

You can also follow me on Twitter - gswarbrick and trackcycling
Svetty
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landis: 'Let me ride Tour of Cali'

Tour organisers: 'NO'

Landis: 'If you don't I'll make a fuss and spoil it'

Tour Organisers: 'Still No'

Landis: 'Right, you've asked for it'

Not perhaps the most credible of circumstances or timing if he really just wanted to set the record straight. Not that this proves LA etc are innocent but without proof the poisonous venom of a proven cheat and liar is just that IMO.

Oh yeah, nice to see that POS Kimmage sticking his ha'pennyworth in Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The Devil's Advocate
Terry Tibbs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
Stuart wrote:
JONNO wrote:

Come off it!

No honestly, people are always walking up to me in the street and saying "are you USA Cycling chief executive officer Steve Johnson" It gets a bit tedious tbh.

Do you find people look down at you sometimes?
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Tibbs wrote:
JONNO wrote:
Stuart wrote:
JONNO wrote:

Come off it!

Do you find people look down at you sometimes?

Nearly all the time.
Rob of the Og
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cyclingnews forums have gone into complete meltdown over this. The main thread is up to 2150 posts and there are at least 10 related threads ticking over as well. 'cksake even t!t monday doesn't get that many posts here.
Odge
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob of the Og wrote:
The cyclingnews forums have gone into complete meltdown over this. The main thread is up to 2150 posts and there are at least 10 related threads ticking over as well. 'cksake even t!t monday doesn't get that many posts here.

bikeradar is over 35 pages - mostly Howard Peel / BikingBernie revelling in the middle of it
davidmam
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gswarbrick wrote:
JONNO wrote:

I suspect that's the reason behind the 'I did take testosterone, but not that day.

But they didn't find excess testosterone...
hbulstrode
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interesting question remains what LA is up to now...

The stakes are too high for him to risk any kind of positive.

Is he proving to himself that he has what it takes without the *CENSORED*??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: