Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Birmingham City Centre

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Birmingham City Centre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ali_clay
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Birmingham City Centre Reply with quote

For the 3 years I've been riding to work I've seen a small increase in the number of people on bikes which is great. Drivers are also becoming more aware and giving more space, but seeing a fellow commuter is still a rare.

The other morning I saw a couple of guys having a race, darting in between cars and up on the pavement. Whilst personally I don't care, am just worried someone will say something and the little progress which has been made will get undone.
First came Monday - rest day, then Tuesday - training, then Wednesday - recovery ride, then Thursday - training race, then Friday - track or recovery ride, Saturday - mystery tour with cafe stop, Sunday - is meant for racing!
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that really bothers you can I suggest never moving to London... Confused Confused
ali_clay
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whilst personally I don't care

Just speaking for the greater good that's all.
First came Monday - rest day, then Tuesday - training, then Wednesday - recovery ride, then Thursday - training race, then Friday - track or recovery ride, Saturday - mystery tour with cafe stop, Sunday - is meant for racing!
Chrissylaa
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to commute through Birmingham everyday.

Oh the happy time at Five Ways when someone opened a door on me which stopped me dead and my front wheel continued up the road!!

And that other time when a geezer walked out on me near to Spearmint Rhino thereby poleaxing me and put my shoulder out for a month.

The buses at Smallbrook Queensway were the best though,they used to pull out without looking on a regular basis.

Oh nearly forgot the time i was behind a lorry and got soaked.I looked up at the signwriting on it and it said "Loo of the year" Shocked

Good times. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: