Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - BTCC

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

BTCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarate
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: BTCC Reply with quote

At last someone has put forward a proposition to shift the peoper TT championship away from a joint promotion with CTT, and run it as a single event the week of the RR championships. The masters will probably stay CTT so they can play on their slightly non-standard bikes, the pros, elites, juniors (M&F) and real racers will go to the BC race. Good idea. Well done StuartBen.
Mal Firth
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

Zarate wrote:
At last someone has put forward a proposition to shift the peoper TT championship away from a joint promotion with CTT, and run it as a single event the week of the RR championships. The masters will probably stay CTT so they can play on their slightly non-standard bikes, the pros, elites, juniors (M&F) and real racers will go to the BC race. Good idea. Well done StuartBen.

I was the Mexican underwater chilli eating champion of 1958 and, as there were two of us taking part, I consider myself to have been a real racer. Shocked Cool

http://justramblingon.co.uk
http://wrinklyrambler.wordpress.com/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/malfirth/
SteveO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTCC = British Touring Car Championship Confused
DenHaag
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's a "slightly non-standard bike"?
AlbertHerring
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're reviving the BCTC?
John McC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clown.
Zarate
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveO wrote:
BTCC = British Touring Car Championship Confused

Typo - you know perfectly well it was meant to be BTTC.
Zarate
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenHaag wrote:
what's a "slightly non-standard bike"?

One that falls outside the UCI regs. It's all in the handbook. I was at the BTTC this year and watching the commissaires checking them on theofficial jig, quite a few bikes were rejected and had to be altered (usually saddle too forward, tri-bars too long) before they were cleared to race.
Zarate
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

Mal Firth wrote:
Zarate wrote:

I was the Mexican underwater chilli eating champion of 1958 and, as there were two of us taking part, I consider myself to have been a real racer. Shocked Cool

I missed that one due to overtraining - who did you beat - Gonzales again?
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

Zarate wrote:

So the concensus is that one organisation will eventually run all cycling in the uk and this is good for the sport?
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
Des

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
Zarate wrote:

So the concensus is that one organisation will eventually run all cycling in the uk and this is good for the sport?

Yes. Look at what multiple organisations (albeit international) have done to boxing.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

Des wrote:
JONNO wrote:
Zarate wrote:

Yes. Look at what multiple organisations (albeit international) have done to boxing.

However I think it's confusing to mix sport and leisure cycling.
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
Des wrote:
JONNO wrote:
Zarate wrote:

Lot's of 'grey areas' then. Sportives v charity rides v c to c or end to end challenges for instance. BC and rtt are already involved in some of them
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
KJ wrote:
Des wrote:
JONNO wrote:
Zarate wrote:

Lot's of 'grey areas' then. Sportives v charity rides v c to c or end to end challenges for instance. BC and rtt are already involved in some of them

Guess it's what is considered competitive Very Happy
Mal Firth
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BTCC Reply with quote

Zarate wrote:
Mal Firth wrote:

I missed that one due to overtraining - who did you beat - Gonzales again?

I was so fast I never saw the other bloke. Are senna pods on the banned list? Question Shocked Cool

http://justramblingon.co.uk
http://wrinklyrambler.wordpress.com/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/malfirth/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: