Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - sherwood cc sunday run today

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

sherwood cc sunday run today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinarello

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheltenhamshire Reply with quote

johnysputnik wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:
Pinarello wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:
Cammish was in the break of 5 - didn't get the result, no presentation so we left . A strong team from Oxford university ( well turned out team I might add). Ex Bradgate rider Mark Bruce was 3rd ( he now lives in Cambridge) and winner was Paul Wilkes ( back after 5 years out of competition).

Rumour has it the FS Maestro and Cheltenham lads were very strong and active... Laughing ... can this be confimed or denied by those present .... Wink

never saw either on the front Twisted Evil - most of the attacks came from Milton Keynes and the Oxford blues - and of course those in the break Wink One guy in pink did have a go ( was that FS Maestro????) he got half way across on his own then blew his swede Shocked - 10 out of 10 for effort tho!

not quite the same result this week tho...... 'ave it!

.. a Cheltenham and a VR win... first VR win of the year ? Nice one Laughing
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
nobis wrote "Actually them pair above are quite educated, it's just the rest of us." They might be educated but at least one of them does not understand road racing. Perhaps Sherwood should follow the example of Stilton RT and post up the educational qualifications of their riders.

Grasping at straws to find something to beat us in, eh? Laughing Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
jhunt wrote "Loads of 'em were hitting the deck each week " I think they would rather hit the deck than be run over by a car doing 60mph.

I don't see a lot of traffic on a lot of the courses I ride. You would have struggled to see a car getting up to 60 mph on most of the NR Hardriders course! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
Cammish was in the break of 5 - didn't get the result, no presentation so we left . A strong team from Oxford university ( well turned out team I might add). Ex Bradgate rider Mark Bruce was 3rd ( he now lives in Cambridge) and winner was Paul Wilkes ( back after 5 years out of competition).
Err... Yes there was a presentation... but you had not bothered to wait for it! Laughing

Paul
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:
Err... Yes there was a presentation... but you had not bothered to wait for it! Laughing

Paul

It wasn't a case of 'bothering' - we had asked more than one person if there was to be a presentation, but no one seemed to have any idea. They weren't sure if there was to be one after the ladies race or not at all. Paul did ask, but got no definite answer, so, apologies that we weren't there, but for personal reasons couldn't stay until after the rest of the races.
planki
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeeez looks like ive started a war here, only asked a quick question!!

anyways ive being given some contact details for ashfield by someone that used to race for them and i have being told its a very good club so i might go join them instead ! Cool
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planki wrote:

anyways ive being given some contact details for ashfield by someone that used to race for them and i have being told its a very good club so i might go join them instead ! Cool

Yes U did, the knives are sharpened ready for tommorrow!! Shocked Laughing
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomcaT wrote:
planki wrote:

Why? Whats happening tommorow?
Wheezer!
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the divs tomorrow??
George Minion
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson wrote:
TomcaT wrote:
planki wrote:

Why? Whats happening tommorow?

You lot cocked it up.leaving Scotty without support.
Parrots had two out of two in the front nearly all day.
Great ride by Beasley though .
simo
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TW@ wrote:
http://www.btinternet.com/~wayne.bradley/clubruns.htm#Sunday

Sherwood CC are a good bunch, in terms of success they're behind Chesterfield Coureurs (obviously Rolling Eyes ) in the East Mids, but far more successful than the (defunct?) Bradgate and (defunct?) Ashfield.[/quote

And chesterfield are behind the zenith !!!
TW@

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zenith? Didn't they used to have a team? So long ago I can't really remember
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: