Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - performance enhancing *CENSORED*?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

performance enhancing *CENSORED*?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever taken or been offered such kit?
yes
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
No
73%
 73%  [ 39 ]
Offered, but declined
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Seriously thought about it... but thought not..
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 53

dan.cave
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: performance enhancing *CENSORED*? Reply with quote

After watching "the man who's arms exploded" last week on Ch5, and talking to an ex power weight lifter last night at a pal's party, we were talking about "Landis" and the pro scene..

His take was that "all pro's" are taking PES (perfomance enhancing substances).. I was rather suprised that he told me he could put me in touch with someone who could get me a course of EPO/HGH or what ever i wanted.

I was wondering about this...

it's abit chicken and egg really?!
Richard
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take alook here http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?s=0f23c5a6dc1317f1bf2670fe5babe1aa&forumid=9

Makes for interesting reading...... Shocked
flash!
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered all kinds of stuff during my 4 years in the US. Mainly during races in the peloton. In 1999 there was so much asking some guys got hold of it just to stop being asked.
dan.cave
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG.... Shocked

Richard wrote:
Take alook here http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?s=0f23c5a6dc1317f1bf2670fe5babe1aa&forumid=9

Richard
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan.cave wrote:
OMG.... Shocked

Richard wrote:

eye opener innit?
hed
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokeSider wrote:
I was offered all kinds of stuff during my 4 years in the US. Mainly during races in the peloton. In 1999 there was so much asking some guys got hold of it just to stop being asked.

thats an excuse landis couldhave used,

"i took it just so the rest of the teamstopped asking me to take it, your honour"
dan.cave
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

*CENSORED* yeah...

looking at this from the scientific side, Matey at the BBq last night was telling me that he knows guys who've taken all sorts and it really really does screw up your body, long term.. Clean is best, but it really does make you wonder who's doing it in the pro peleton now... just makes you really think when you see a rider do well and you wonder...is he clean or not?

Rob of the Og
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused when I was 17/18 and still dreaming that I might be any good at this cycling lark I'd have taken whatever anyone chucked at me if they told me it would get me a pro contract. But I know none of it was illegal, and given the people offering it to me (who were as clueless as I was) I'm sure it made me slower not quicker. I should say that nothing was injected, absorbed by patches on my nuts, or probably anything more than placebos. Whatever it was, I was still getting dropped in every race I rode...

Ten years on, and having long since realised that I'm not going to win the Tour after all, I wouldn't go near anything that anyone offered me. And actually I'm a little ashamed that, even in my naïve and hopeless way, I was still buying into the 'glamour' of the cycling *CENSORED* scene. Even then, my training buddy and I would greet each other at the start of our rides with, 'had your EPO this morning?' 'yep, feeling good'. It's pretty sad really.
mr celery
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
dan.cave wrote:
OMG.... Shocked

Richard wrote:

eye opener innit?

Eye opener? It made me feel a bit sick, to be honest. Confused
Richard
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob of the Og wrote:
Confused when I was 17/18 and still dreaming that I might be any good at this cycling lark I'd have taken whatever anyone chucked at me if they told me it would get me a pro contract. But I know none of it was illegal, and given the people offering it to me (who were as clueless as I was) I'm sure it made me slower not quicker. I should say that nothing was injected, absorbed by patches on my nuts, or probably anything more than placebos. Whatever it was, I was still getting dropped in every race I rode...

Ten years on, and having long since realised that I'm not going to win the Tour after all, I wouldn't go near anything that anyone offered me. And actually I'm a little ashamed that, even in my naïve and hopeless way, I was still buying into the 'glamour' of the cycling *CENSORED* scene. Even then, my training buddy and I would greet each other at the start of our rides with, 'had your EPO this morning?' 'yep, feeling good'. It's pretty sad really.

and this is how *CENSORED* dealers make their money - through poor excuses for '*CENSORED*' "yeah mate this speed is wicked" I was told at a club many years ago....I've had better highs when going for a dump Rolling Eyes
flash!
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
Rob of the Og wrote:

and this is how *CENSORED* dealers make their money - through poor excuses for '*CENSORED*' "yeah mate this speed is wicked" I was told at a club many years ago....I've had better highs when going for a dump Rolling Eyes

that of course is a fantastic feeling Cool
Richard
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokeSider wrote:
Richard wrote:

yes it is and proved just how naff that particular '*CENSORED*' was

(cue Big-C to tell us of his *CENSORED* induced partying)
hed
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55x12 sounds like a nice honest kind of guy.
flash!
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
StrokeSider wrote:
Richard wrote:

yes it is and proved just how naff that particular '*CENSORED*' was

(cue Big-C to tell us of his *CENSORED* induced partying)

you sure it wasn't just ex-lax?
bissell
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: performance enhancing *CENSORED*? Reply with quote

dan.cave wrote:
I was rather suprised that he told me he could put me in touch with someone who could get me a course of EPO/HGH or what ever i wanted.

so at least we will know what your new training regime is if you start flying then wont we!!
dan.cave
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: performance enhancing *CENSORED*? Reply with quote

Bissell. I wouldn't touch the stuff, It's really not worth it for the relative short term benefits, but I do realise you were jesting.. Very Happy

bissell wrote:
dan.cave wrote:
I was rather suprised that he told me he could put me in touch with someone who could get me a course of EPO/HGH or what ever i wanted.

so at least we will know what your new training regime is if you start flying then wont we!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: