Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - do you care about londoners being swizzed out of a circuit?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

do you care about londoners being swizzed out of a circuit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eastway & Olympic legacy shenanigans, do you care?
yes
33%
 33%  [ 30 ]
no
15%
 15%  [ 14 ]
i would be more sympathetic if it wasn't being rammed down my throat everyday.
51%
 51%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 90

david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosschops wrote:
ldncycle wrote:
Must have missed that one.
Is that a hint of a tantrum?
nope. just fact. why do you lot have to come across as such smug southern twunts? you really do yourselves no favours.

but sure arent you doing all the favours for me moose chops, tanks
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david123 wrote:
mosschops wrote:
the one which says you lot are a load of boring sods and everyone on here wishes you would f**k off.

shud ave put dat as opchin in poll,as an avid poll mole dis 1 is a lower class ov a one,iv u red ur own poll you wudnt say dose rude tings as its obvus dat peeps do care
are you a 13 year old girl? type properly, i can't read "chav".
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosschops wrote:
david123 wrote:
mosschops wrote:
the one which says you lot are a load of boring sods and everyone on here wishes you would f**k off.

shud ave put dat as opchin in poll,as an avid poll mole dis 1 is a lower class ov a one,iv u red ur own poll you wudnt say dose rude tings as its obvus dat peeps do care
are you a 13 year old girl? type properly, i can't read "chav".

nu imnut a 13 yer uld type gurl,Iam a mure midgure type but stil very tractiv

u sey u cant read chav but u can spell chav,tup mon
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
It really puzzles when other cyclists don't support a campaign to re-instate facilities to cyclesport in their entirety.......

I know, I couldn't believe the negative comments on the London Cycling Forum when we tried to get Saffron Lane reinstated. Parochial twonts

I'm a qualified coach.
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A situation that clearly doesn't just exist on the London cycle forum.

Either way, not the reaction you'd expect - on any cycling forum....
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

initially i was all in support of the EUG and really cared about the facilities being as good as before.

but, with people like david123 and plurien and ldncycle my interest in their cause has been totally lost. if you present yourselves like arrogant kids stamping around because you haven't' got your own way, that is how people will end up treating you. you three have set your cause back.
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosschops wrote:
initially i was all in support of the EUG and really cared about the facilities being as good as before.

but, with people like david123 and plurien and ldncycle my interest in their cause has been totally lost. if you present yourselves like arrogant kids stamping around because you haven't' got your own way, that is how people will end up treating you. you three have set your cause back.

Worst bit is, they refuse to acknowledge the bigger picture and the number of new facilities they're getting.

I'm a qualified coach.
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss, you may have gathered that the way I have responded to your personal attacks by poking fun at them and try to point out that there is really no point in them. Which is perhaps why you mentioned me as being part of your 3 most disliked Eastway supporters.

If you see it as damaging "the cause" by really wanting to know what happened with things like Royal Docks then thats a real shame.

I could show you emails from leaders of certain clubs that would make you question the assertion that the views of EUG are a minority and are indeed put in a far more forceful way.

At any rate, great weather, great to be riding a bike. Get a grip.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
Moss, you may have gathered that the way I have responded to your personal attacks by poking fun at them and try to point out that there is really no point in them. Which is perhaps why you mentioned me as being part of your 3 most disliked Eastway supporters.

If you see it as damaging "the cause" by really wanting to know what happened with things like Royal Docks then thats a real shame.

I could show you emails from leaders of certain clubs that would make you question the assertion that the views of EUG are a minority and are indeed put in a far more forceful way.

At any rate, great weather, great to be riding a bike. Get a grip.

OK Show us the e mails
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You show me the proof that planning application was actually made to Newham for Royal Docks, then I will ask those people if I can publish their personal email correspondence on this forum.

The personal email correspondence reflects personal views, planning application for a cycle circuit is perhaps slightly more important and significant.

The use of the example of what other clubs felt was to illustrate to Moss, and I suppose you KJ, that your perception of everyone not liking or everyone dissagreeing with the EUG and its actions, is exactly that: a perception. There are equally, a very significant group of people who would like to see a return to Eastway and support the EUG. Just as there are people who would like to see the EUG be more aggressive.
Just as there are people like you who dissagree, who disagree with the mission and who disagree with the strategies.
marlboro man
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
You show me the proof that planning application was actually made to Newham for Royal Docks, then I will ask those people if I can publish their personal email correspondence on this forum.

The personal email correspondence reflects personal views, planning application for a cycle circuit is perhaps slightly more important and significant.

The use of the example of what other clubs felt was to illustrate to Moss, and I suppose you KJ, that your perception of everyone not liking or everyone dissagreeing with the EUG and its actions, is exactly that: a perception. There are equally, a very significant group of people who would like to see a return to Eastway and support the EUG. Just as there are people who would like to see the EUG be more aggressive.
Just as there are people like you who dissagree, who disagree with the mission and who disagree with the strategies.

I think the general point of the thread is that people are bored of the rantings of Plurien and John C.
"so if MM wants to suck down 16mg unfiltered tar-laden cancer-causing , he will! And by God, he'll enjoy it... not to mention chasing nubile Estonian tail whilst off his opps on cheap and savage Baltic charlie...! " Colin Sturgess
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlboro man wrote:
ldncycle wrote:

I think the general point of the thread is that people are bored of the rantings of Plurien and John C.

I'm a qualified coach.
marlboro man
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans Datdodishes wrote:
marlboro man wrote:
ldncycle wrote:

Nice to see Mum and Aunt Megan still got it.
"so if MM wants to suck down 16mg unfiltered tar-laden cancer-causing , he will! And by God, he'll enjoy it... not to mention chasing nubile Estonian tail whilst off his opps on cheap and savage Baltic charlie...! " Colin Sturgess
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:

I can't show you where the planning application is. I just commented that it should be recorded and accessible. Planning applications generally are.

I'm sure that EUG has its supporters. I begin to question whether they all approve of the methods used to gain further support for their cause. If there are those that feel an even more aggressive stance is likely to achieve results then I think they are misguided.
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a qualified coach.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you keep it up for 10 pages? Very Happy
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snigger

I'm a qualified coach.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take that as a Yes Very Happy Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: