Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - should i make a fool of myself then let you all know?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

should i make a fool of myself then let you all know?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

yes or no
yes
89%
 89%  [ 26 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

armstrongscrack
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: should i make a fool of myself then let you all know? Reply with quote

some one e-mailed me some race dates, now then as a total novice quite a fit bloke who runs good but has only ever ridden about twenty times, non competitive and none more than 30 miles, should i take part in one? please bear in mind i indulged over christmas and am not as fit as i once was. thank you please.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Tom Butcher
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how fast are your running times ?
De Rosa
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you Newcastle upon Tyne or Necastle under Lyme. If the latter I would say give track league a go. I know it sounds intimidating but in fact they cater for all abilities and genuinely welcome newcomers etc. Being a lap down is a lot better than being off the back of a road race and it will get the speed in your legs which will help you in road events. Not sure if there are any tracks n the north east? I much prefer being dropped in track events to being dropped in road races!
qcscmh
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De Rosa wrote:
Are you Newcastle upon Tyne or Necastle under Lyme. If the latter I would say give track league a go. I know it sounds intimidating but in fact they cater for all abilities and genuinely welcome newcomers etc. Being a lap down is a lot better than being off the back of a road race and it will get the speed in your legs which will help you in road events. Not sure if there are any tracks n the north east? I much prefer being dropped in track events to being dropped in road races!

Make sure the event you ride is a 4th category event only.
But even this can be a shock if you are not prepared

This is the "ROAD FORUM" De Rosa - stop poaching Laughing Laughing

Cycling Bargains Dealfinder @ https://cycling-bargains.co.uk?utm_source=VeloridersSignature
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BargainsCycling
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/cyclebargains
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it mate! Razz no one who competes in a bike race and gives it their best shot makes a fool of themselves no matter the outcome! Cool

Putting the dross back in Clay Cross (RT)
qcscmh
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stretch armstrong wrote:
Go for it mate! Razz no one who competes in a bike race and gives it their best shot makes a fool of themselves no matter the outcome! Cool

very true Very Happy

Cycling Bargains Dealfinder @ https://cycling-bargains.co.uk?utm_source=VeloridersSignature
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BargainsCycling
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/cyclebargains
bengibbs
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one will be expecting you to win, It's your first race. Everybody's got to start somewhere. You should get time taken off your original time anyway if you do something like TT's, which makes you feel even better. Very Happy

Army Cycling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: