Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Velo Club Long Eaton Club Run

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Velo Club Long Eaton Club Run
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
officer bob
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian1946 wrote:
I must have led a more sheltered life than I thought!! Surprised

But, just to be clear there are no plans to stop until Cromford, see you on the 18th?

Hopefully Laughing
StevieB
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian

Tested out the cafe for you last Sunday, the Coffee along with a cherry and walnut scone met with my approval. However the climb out of the cafe up through Wirksworth to Alport nearly allowed the scone to make a re-appearance Laughing !!

Enjoy.

StevieB
Doc James
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies that I won't be there - I'm on the track with Ross Edgar. I'll probably pass on the scones before that as welll.... Embarassed
StevieB
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James

Has the BMA Scaletrix national championship come around again ?.

Name dropper Laughing

Enjoy

StevieB
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevieB wrote:
Brian

Tested out the cafe for you last Sunday, the Coffee along with a cherry and walnut scone met with my approval. However the climb out of the cafe up through Wirksworth to Alport nearly allowed the scone to make a re-appearance Laughing !!

Enjoy.

StevieB

Steve, thanks for checking the cafe and scoff for us though I can assure you that we will not be using the route you took for the return!!! Respect due for that one. Shocked

See you around.

Brian
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

Just a reminder for Sunday's club run to Cromford. Leaving Sawley Marina 09.30 and picking up at King's Corner 10.15 ish. Looks like the weather forecast is for a decent day.

I rode out last week and spoke with the ladies in the cafe on the corner, they think they'll cope with us ok. But, whether we stop at the cafe on the corner or Cromford mill depends on if/which of the cafe's able to fit us in. Either way, get your kit and bike ready to roll.

See you Sunday.

Brian
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

Here's the information for the next VCLE Club Run to Dove Cottage near Stathern on Sunday 9th December.

There's one hill out of Kinoulton on the way back. Should anyone fall behind (then or at any time) no worries, I'll ride with them.

Distance 54 miles Undulating/flat

Out 27mls - Warren/Long Lane – Kegworth - West Leake - East Leake – Costock – Wysall – Widmerpool – Kinoulton – Colston Bassett – Harby – Dove Cottage/Stathern

Return 27mls - DoveCottage – Harby – Hose – Long Clawson – Hickling – Kinoulton – Widmerpool – Wysall – Costock – East Leake – West Leake – Kegworth – Long/Warren Lane – Sawley Marina

Please note the following:
The recent flooding will almost certainly have made a mess of Warren/Long Lane though it might well be clear by the date of our Club Run. I'll check it out next week and if we need an alternative route I'll have one prepared.

See you there

Thanks

Brian
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

For information

There's our Mince Pie run this Sunday the 23rd (meet Sawley Marina) then our Boxing Day 5 mile TT (meet Cavendish Bridge Shardlow) and the next VCLE Club Run is to Mercia Marina (Nr Willington) on Sunday 30th December.

Sunday 30th December 2012 Mercia Marina

Distance 33 miles Undulating/flat

Out 18.5 mls
Meet Sawley Marina - Castle Donington – Isley Walton – Breedon – Caulke – Ticknall – Milton – Repton – Willington – Mercia Marina
Return 14 mls
Mercia Marina – Stenson – Swarkestone – Weston – Aston – Sharlow – Sawley Marina

Have a good Christmas.

Brian
Tom Butcher
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar area so hope Brian wont mind me tagging this on - doesn't clash.

27th December ride up to Monyash cafe

8.30 Broadway pub, Duffield Rd (A6 going North out of city centre), Derby for easy pace group, 9am for a bit faster
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom

No problems at all. I'm not precious about it. More rides the better.
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks

I trust you had a good Christmas. Just a reminder for the VCLE Club Run to Mercia Marina on Sunday 30th, usual time 09.15 for 09.30 start.

Cafe Mercia Marina
Distance 33 miles - Undulating/flat
Out 18.5 mls - Sawley Marina - Castle Donington – Isley Walton – Breedon – Caulke – Ticknall – Milton – Repton – Willington – Mercia Marina
Return 14 mls - Mercia Marina – Stenson – Swarkestone – Weston – Aston – Sharlow – Sawley Marina

Come and join the fun, it's only a short ride.

Brian
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Rosliston Bee Hive cafe for Sunday 20th January. Normal start 09.15 meet at Sawley Marina for the off at 09.30.

It's flat to Ingleby then a short climb to the right turn to Milton, downhill to Repton, then undulating to Newton Solney, a short lumpy bit to Winshill, then mildly undulating to Stapenhill (don't worry about the 'hill' names we follow the Trent valley) and then pretty well flat to Rosliston. The return has a couple of draggy bits but picks up the route that goes down Pistern Hill to Ticknall, no problems really.

Sunday 20th January 2013 - Rosliston Bee Hive - Distance 44 miles - Flat/undulating

Out 22 mls - Warren Lane – Shardlow – Aston – Weston – Swarkestone – Ingleby, Milton – Repton – Newton Solney – Winshill – Stapenhill – Rosliston Bee Hive Cafe

Return 22 mls - Bee Hive – Linton – Albert Village – Woodville - Boundary – Pistern Hill – Ticknall – Ingleby – Swarkestone - Weston – Aston – Sharlow – Sawley Marina

Please Note: If there's a risk of ice I won't be riding. There's not much sense in risking your health and the rest of the season!!

Take care

Brian
highlandpro
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Bringing a load of guys over .

www.wheelsmith.co.uk
www.metaltek.co.uk
www.nottinghamforest.co.uk
www.meltonolympic.co.uk
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be most welcome, especially if the weather relents.
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

As the weather's not looking promising, with below freezing temperatures and a good chunk of snow due over Friday and Saturday and there are some lanes out to Rosliston that might well turn out to be hazardous for two wheels.

So, I've decided (on safety grounds) that I won't be riding on Sunday, please accept my apologies. I'll try to rearrange the ride for another date when the weather is a little more friendly.

Keep safe

Brian
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder about the Club Run on Sunday 10th February to Melbourne Tea Rooms. Normal start, 09.15 meet at Sawley Marina for the off at 09.30.
Weather looks reasonable for the time of year Metcheck and AccuWeather both forecast 5 degrees with possible showers.
As mentioned earlier I'm planning to go out via Warren/Long Lane and there's a few 'draggy' bits.

Sunday 10thFebruary 2013
Melbourne Tea Rooms

Distance 33 miles

Flat/undulating
Out 18mls
Warren/Long Lane – Kegworth – Sutton Bonington – Zouch – Hathern – Long Whatton – Diseworth – Breedon – Wilson - Melbourne
Return 15mls
Melbourne – Kings Newton – (cycle path) - Weston – Aston – Sharlow – Ambaston – Borrowash – Draycott - Sawley Marina

For those who may be interested.
The Reliability Ride obviously went 'viral' over the internet!! Maurice, Bruce and myself tried to deal with over 200 riders turning up at the start, absolute chaos, you couldn't make it up!
Never mind, as far as we can tell from the sheets, 155 riders signed on (a fair few more didn't) 113 for the new longer route and 42 for the short route. Plenty of positive feedback about the new route though.

It's called a learning curve

See you Sunday. Get yer legs on!

Brian
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazzler Howitt never turned up!! Rolling Eyes
Sir Lord Tommo of Clay cross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again

Here's hoping for warmer weather for our next Club Run to the Farmer's Den, Stonehurst Farm, Mountsorrel. I've tried to avoid the worst of the hills, there will be one out of Stanford towards Normanton on the way back and of course that little tester out of Sutton Bonington. You'll be fine!

Sunday 3rd March 2013

Mountsorrel Farmers Den

Distance 39 miles

Undulating

Out 23mls

Warren/Long Lane – Kegworth – Sutton Bonington – East LEake, Rempstone – Hoton – Wymeswold – Six Hills – Seagrave – Sileby – Mountsorrel

Return 16mls

Mountsorrel - Quorn – Barrow on Soar – Cotes – Stanford on soar – Normanton on Soar – Sutton Bonington – Kegworth – Long Lane – Sawley Marina

I'll be at the start at the usual time 09.15 for 09.30 start, but I've double booked my self on that day and will have to turn back after a few miles. Fortunately Mark Daine has kindly stepped in to lead the ride to the cafe and return on the day.

Get yer legs on!

Brian
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: VCLE CLub Run 24th March Reply with quote

Hi again

Here's the information for the next Club Run to Carsington Reservoir on Sunday 24th March. Usual time 09.15 for 09.30 start prompt from Sawley Marina/Plank and Leggit in Warren Lane.

Hopefully the weather will have moved nearer to being more Spring like over the next week or so and be a bit kinder for our ride. I've tried to find the steadiest and shortest route but, as you might expect, it is a decent ride out and the terrain is undulating with a couple of hills. There are two real 'toughies' the first going out is through Kirk Ireton (1.5 miles climbing 450ft) and then Drum Hill (0.7 miles climbing 240ft) in Little Eaton coming back.

Don't worry about them though, I'll be there and we don't leave anyone behind.

Sunday 24th March 2013
Carsington Reservoir Distance 53 miles Undulating/Hilly

Out 26.5mls Warren/Long Lane – Sawley – Draycott – Borrowash – Ockbrook – Spondon – Locko Park - Morley – Drum Hill (descent) – Little Eaton - Duffield – Idridgehay – Kirk Ireton – Carsington

Back 26.5mls Carsington – Kirk Ireton – Idridgehay – Duffield – Little Eaton (Drum Hill ascent) – Morley – Locko Park – Spondon – Ockbrook – Borrowash – Draycott – Sawley – Warren/Long Lane

The season's nearly here, time to get some proper bike riding in, get yer legs on!

See you there

Brian

Edit: Given the weather and temperatures forecast for the weekend, I've cancelled the Club Run To Carsington. Sorry.
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The VCLE Club Run on Sunday 7th April is going to Melbourne Tea Rooms. A couple of little hills on the way out, notably out of Diseworth towards Belton, and after Tonge towards Wilson, nothing too difficult though. The return ride is almost flat all the way, there's one little 'jink' out of Stanton by Bridge and that's pretty much it.

A short ride to some nice tea rooms and back in time for Sunday dinner.

Sunday 7th April 2013 Melbourne Tea Rooms
Distance 36 miles Flat/undulating

Out 18mls Warren/Long Lane – Kegworth – Sutton Bonington – Zouch – Hathern – Long Whatton – Diseworth – Tonge – Wilson - Melbourne

Return 18mls Melbourne – Kings Newton – Stanton by Bridge - Ingleby – Swarkestone - Weston – Aston – Sharlow – Ambaston – Borrowash – Draycott - Sawley Marina

See you Sunday, 09.15 for 09.30 start prompt, usual place, Sawley Marina entrance.

Get yer legs on!

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: