Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Clubs riding through Sutton Bonington

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Clubs riding through Sutton Bonington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyc
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Clubs riding through Sutton Bonington Reply with quote

I've recently moved to Sutton Bonington. Could someone tell me which clubs use this route on their rides, I've seen a few coming throuhg, but not sure if it is a regular route?

It appears there aren't any clubs in Loughborough that are not run by/for the students. Am I missing something?

Thanks
ColT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. There's a ride from Loughborough Uni on Saturday mornings (9 o'clock at the fountain in front of the Union) including mostly Fontana CC riders - i.e. locals and maybe a few students if they can be Evil or Very Mad to get up . We quite often go out through Sutton Bonnington. 3 to 4 hours including a cafe stop.

Col

http://fiftyyearsandcounting.wordpress.com/
Brian1946
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velo Club Long Eaton ride through there on their Sunday Club rides sometimes, club members from Shepshed and Kegworth ride through Sutton B all the time.
The club 10 mile Time trials start in April just a couple of miles away at the layby near the Star pub West Leake.

http://www.vclongeaton.com/

We'll be riding past this Sunday, see the club website or this website for the route.
julianbramley
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beeston CC and Beeston RC pass through all the time as well, Marle Pit Hill up over the railway from the village to the campus is a classic 'sprint to the top' climb, for fat blokes anyway.
Wheezer!
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The W. Bridgford crew go through there fairly regularly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: