Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Will he… Won't he?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Will he… Won't he?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Pettachi finish the TDF in July?
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
tdf will ban him for winning to many stages
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Jonny H
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Will he… Won't he? Reply with quote

Pettachi has finished his own countrys tour i think for the second time???

But will he finish the TDF in July?
Pocket Rocket
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Will he… Won't he? Reply with quote

jonathan harris wrote:
Pettachi has finished his own countrys tour i think for the second time???

But will he finish the TDF in July?

Depends on if he gets ill like last year
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Supermario really is done-in? Can he come back, as he did for Zolder? If so we'll see the best TdF maybe ever; supersprinting on the flat days, everyone gunning for Armstrong everywhere else. And who will be the 22 year old TdF equivalent of Cunego upsetting all the applecarts?

Can't wait...

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
murder trainer
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
And who will be the 22 year old TdF equivalent of Cunego upsetting all the applecarts?

Can't wait...

Is he actually short-listed for the Tour de France?
Jonny H
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
I wonder if Supermario really is done-in? Can he come back, as he did for Zolder? If so we'll see the best TdF maybe ever; supersprinting on the flat days, everyone gunning for Armstrong everywhere else. And who will be the 22 year old TdF equivalent of Cunego upsetting all the applecarts?

Can't wait...

I think Cipo will be back for the tour I believe he said what he did out of anger because if you remember he had just crashed when he said what he said, surely after all this time waiting to get back in the TDF he won't let his team down! But I think even if he did go he wouldn't beat Mr. Pettachi as he didn't beat him in the Giro but you never know he could of just had a bad GIRO?

As for Cunego being short listed, Saeco (if he is still there) would be mad not to put him in the tour as he may not do well overall but could definatly win a stage the same as Simoni did last year, then next year have a proper go at the TDF GC like his team mate Simoni is doing this year!
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're italian and have won 8 stages of the giro. why would you turn yourself inside out for 10 days in the hills and mountains just to finish a race in france? i don't think he'll bother.
Jonny H
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
you're italian and have won 8 stages of the giro. why would you turn yourself inside out for 10 days in the hills and mountains just to finish a race in france? i don't think he'll bother.

I bet even a Italian wouldn't mind winning on the Champs Elysees would they Question Anyway as it has been said many times on other threads didn't he have a stomach bug? How many sprint stages are they in the Tdf before the moutains come into play? And isn't the record 6 stage wins set by Cipo?(all these questions.....tut tut)
Jonny H
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so people really do think Pettachi has a chance of finishing the tour! I think he will this year, he is definatly on form now and hope it stays with him!

Isn't Pettachi's racing turning to an Armstrong thing I know Pettachi races everywhere and Armstrong mainly aims for the tdf but even in 2002 no one had a chance agaisnt Armstrong in the Moutains and time trials. Now no one has a chance agaisnt Pettachi in the sprints so it isn't going to be that fun to watch, but not all the sprinters were at the Giro to upset him there was no Zabel, Cooke and Jean Patrick Nazon who was promising last year with his win in Paris stage 20......but we will see!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: