Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Which forum is best?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Which forum is best?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which forum is best?
CTT
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Velo Riders
79%
 79%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 44

Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
paul, you mention the 62 applications....

i believe before techno took ownership ov the forum there was around 750(guess) registered users.....he then took over did a bit ov cleaning for what appeared to be no real reason & made it permission to join only by moderators permission!! i believe it went down to around 570....

so .... in short, 2 years & around 200 bogus(which included accidental/users that no longer use etc) & after technos meddaling you get 62 in one day...

Laughing
I mentioned 62 users (all bogus/fake) that had been tried to register in the space of about 10 minutes! Later that day, I checked and there was another 40 or 50... and I know there were a lot more... We estimated several hundred in a day or two. You decide: do you think that is legitimate? Perhaps legitimate isn't the right word, but it isn't right. In the middle of those I did allow 1 'proper' new ID. Again I know that there is a usual average of 1 to 5 per day, with often none.

Yes, Techno did clear out some of the older unused and some un-needed duplicate ID's - the vast majority were from people who hadn't logged in for months - some years (I know cos I saw them too). Almost none of those ID's have re-registered again, which is proof that they were indeed surplus. As you know he did also delete your duplicate ID, but that was for a different reason. Where possible, he also had PM'd people to warn them it was going to happen.

The permissions bit was a little bit later when again people started registering duplicate ID's purely to post offensive, abusive or trolling posts anonymously. This was totally unacceptable - as I mentioned before here on VR the guest postings were stopped for the same reasons months before (perhaps some were by the same people????). When it quietened down a week or two later, the restriction was removed again. It had been removed for a couple of weeks when the abuse started again with more newly registered ID's. Again totally unacceptable so the restriction was re-imposed. This is nothing out of the ordinary for a good number of forums.

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
James
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhodopsin wrote:
I registered and got banned imeadiately and I hadn't even posted a message - stupid site anyway so boring

Yer, too true Cool
denis
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CTT moderation is overdone and subjective, the moderation on here is brutal! I started a thread on here a few days ago about *CENSORED* in sport, after reading a letter on the subject in CW. It lasted about 5 minutes before being 'modded' to nowhere! So no, you can't talk about what you want on here either.
jk_bike
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhodopsin wrote:
I registered and got banned imeadiately and I hadn't even posted a message - stupid site anyway so boring

they let me in!!!...... Shocked
James
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhodopsin wrote:
jk_bike wrote:
rhodopsin wrote:

They must think you're boing enough Laughing

boing? he aint a baggies fan!
jk_bike
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhodopsin wrote:
jk_bike wrote:
rhodopsin wrote:

They must think you're boing enough Laughing

how come they didnt let you in then!!! Shocked Laughing
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jk_bike wrote:
rhodopsin wrote:

It was me that let you in... Cos I knew who you were. You have, on the whole, behaved yourself, with one or two slip-ups. Please don't let me down! I have faith in you!

I also let Emma in too... Rolling Eyes

I didn't see RR's application - but I wouldn't have let him in either! Laughing

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you have just demonstrated precisely why I wouldn't have let you in... Rolling Eyes

Paul
denis
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say what you think... as long as your opinion is acceptable to Thomo. And of course, Thomo is an honourable man...
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis wrote:
You can say what you think... as long as your opinion is acceptable to Thomo. And of course, Thomo is an honourable man...
There are many who post on the TT forum whose opinion is different from mine - and we have many good discussions on there. I am entitled to post my opinons too?
However what I am tired of hearing is the totally unwarranted tirade against the moderators for doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing, and were doing before. Suddenly it has become one of the best bandwagons to jump on and no-one has really got anything new to say or can come up with any real examples as to what we have done wrong. Of course there is a perfectly good reason for that - we haven't. We do exactly the same as the moderators on VR - well actually I think we do much less. I have seen countless examples of changes made to posts on here just because the Mod thought it would be funny to do so. That is something completely unacceptable. there are lots of examples of threads being removed - just check out how many times you see a new thread called 'Where has the thread on... gone?' Mostly there is good reason, but sometimes there appears not to be.
The fact that the forum is called Time Trialling generally means we do predominantly talk about that aspect of the sport. But a good percentage of threads have nothing to do with TTing (even if I exclude the Mod bashing - which has died down again over there...). We often talk about Road Racing, Track, Cross, as well as foreign & pro racing, not forgetting humourous stuff and personal events too, much as on here. Perhaps that is because there is a lot of the people on VR also post or just lurk over there too.

Someone like RR I know would only want to go there to cause trouble. He does enough of that on here, so I know his mentality. He wouldn't get away with it over there. Some I think is funny, some is just plain crass. The fact that he is a Mod on here means he can edit my post and delete or change all that I have said, just as I could on there.

Paul
highlandpro
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: rr Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
denis wrote:
There are many who post on the TT forum whose opinion is different from mine - and we have many good discussions on there. I am entitled to post my opinons too?
However what I am tired of hearing is the totally unwarranted tirade against the moderators for doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing, and were doing before. Suddenly it has become one of the best bandwagons to jump on and no-one has really got anything new to say or can come up with any real examples as to what we have done wrong. Of course there is a perfectly good reason for that - we haven't. We do exactly the same as the moderators on VR - well actually I think we do much less. I have seen countless examples of changes made to posts on here just because the Mod thought it would be funny to do so. That is something completely unacceptable. there are lots of examples of threads being removed - just check out how many times you see a new thread called 'Where has the thread on... gone?' Mostly there is good reason, but sometimes there appears not to be.
The fact that the forum is called Time Trialling generally means we do predominantly talk about that aspect of the sport. But a good percentage of threads have nothing to do with TTing (even if I exclude the Mod bashing - which has died down again over there...). We often talk about Road Racing, Track, Cross, as well as foreign & pro racing, not forgetting humourous stuff and personal events too, much as on here. Perhaps that is because there is a lot of the people on VR also post or just lurk over there too.

Someone like RR I know would only want to go there to cause trouble. He does enough of that on here, so I know his mentality. He wouldn't get away with it over there. Some I think is funny, some is just plain crass. The fact that he is a Mod on here means he can edit my post and delete or change all that I have said, just as I could on there.

Paul

I AGREE

www.wheelsmith.co.uk
www.metaltek.co.uk
www.nottinghamforest.co.uk
www.meltonolympic.co.uk
TonyJones
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the CTT forum, the mods take themselves and the forum too seriously, and like to prove their own self importance. However that happens on here as well, two mods in particular regularly abuse their "power" and move threads, change titles etc etc. I think this forum would be a better place if they stepped down, and posters such as Roy Gardiner took over.
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyJones wrote:
...on here as well, two mods in particular regularly abuse their "power" and move threads, change titles etc etc. I think this forum would be a better place if they stepped down, and posters such as Roy Gardiner took over.
1) Your cheque is in the post Very Happy
2) I do agree with what you say about abuse of power, but
3) Thanks Embarassed, but I'm fairly new here

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
jay cee
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyJones wrote:
I don't like the CTT forum, the mods take themselves and the forum too seriously, and like to prove their own self importance. However that happens on here as well, two mods in particular regularly abuse their "power" and move threads, change titles etc etc. I think this forum would be a better place if they stepped down, and posters such as Roy Gardiner took over.

which two mods?
TonyJones
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay cee wrote:
TonyJones wrote:

which two mods?

I'd have thought that was obvious by their behaviour? They should either grow up, lose their self importance attitude or resign Rolling Eyes
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyJones wrote:
jay cee wrote:
TonyJones wrote:

which two mods?

I'd have thought that was obvious by their behaviour? They should either grow up, lose their self importance attitude or resign Rolling Eyes

no its not....... gowan please tell Wink

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
TonyJones
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
TonyJones wrote:
jay cee wrote:
TonyJones wrote:

which two mods?

I'm sure they know who they are!
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyJones wrote:
PNuT wrote:
TonyJones wrote:
jay cee wrote:
TonyJones wrote:

which two mods?

well you could be talking about me... & if you are im not aware ov why....

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
Emma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
TonyJones wrote:
PNuT wrote:
TonyJones wrote:
jay cee wrote:
TonyJones wrote:

which two mods?

Princess of Drivel here Rolling Eyes I think PNut is a great moderator!!!! Wink
TonyJones
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
TonyJones wrote:
PNuT wrote:
TonyJones wrote:
jay cee wrote:
TonyJones wrote:

which two mods?

I'm not talking about you! You seem level headed, it's another two I'm refering to. Have big egos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: