Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Favourite Training Tune!

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Favourite Training Tune!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you train with a walkman/ipod?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 32 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 65

scott
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always seems to be women.
That particular incident happen in Barton. It was daylight, I was on a Bright green motorbike, yellow helmet and indicator on. So its not surprising she didn't seem me til the last minute!

And she had the check to give me a disusting look, as though I had nearly caused her to crash.
si79
Cat 3 Groupie
Cat 3 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: not just the fairer *CENSORED* Reply with quote

Round my way it seems to be 'senior citizens' allways driving non descipt orrible little japanese cars!
Which gives me an idea for a poll Idea !
Simon Nicholas
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to be seriously mentally defective to ride in traffic with headphones on listening to music; either that or you have no road sense.
One of the first things for cycle safety you learn is... listen out for vehicles behind you Rolling Eyes
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Nicholas wrote:
You've got to be seriously mentally defective to ride in traffic with headphones on listening to music; either that or you have no road sense.
One of the first things for cycle safety you learn is... listen out for vehicles behind you Rolling Eyes

Ok, but what do you do when you hear one?

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Simon Nicholas
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Simon Nicholas wrote:

Ok, but what do you do when you hear one?

You can tell how close they are to you, so if necessary you can take the appropriate action at the time Wink
Having your ears working helps your general awareness of the traffic.
cyclingscott
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point about not being able to do anything anyway but I would still rather hear what was going on around me.
A guy I know stopped at a set of traffic lights behind a car last winter and, as he was waiting for the lights to change, heard a car sliding down the hill behind him. Forunately, he jumped off his bike and ran out of the way because the car couldn't stop and smashed into the back of the car in front. Needless to say, if he hadn't have moved, he would have been a bit skinnier than he is now Shocked

www.corridori.co.uk
jk_bike
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anythink by rage against the machine. sykes you up Wink

best are

microphone fiend
know your enemy
bombtrack
bullet in the head
guerrilla radio
Incomplete Pete
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a car behind me I don't ride any differently, if you can hear the car there's nothing you can do about it, just carry on riding!

Stupid old men, not liking us youngens who don't have to carry a gramaphone around to listen to music!
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times have you been riding and a motorbike comes screeming past. You dont hear it until it passes you!! Its gone before you know it.

I also need some tunes on the long rides, otherwise I start having conversations with myself!!!! And they can lead to arguments and its difficult falling out with yourself on a bike. Also you have to ride all the way home with yourself as well and it boring if you stopped speaking to yourself....... Rolling Eyes

www.point7.co.uk | www.lincsquad.co.uk
NS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvill wrote:
How many times have you been riding and a motorbike comes screeming past. You dont hear it until it passes you!! Its gone before you know it.

I also need some tunes on the long rides, otherwise I start having conversations with myself!!!! And they can lead to arguments and its difficult falling out with yourself on a bike. Also you have to ride all the way home with yourself as well and it boring if you stopped speaking to yourself....... Rolling Eyes

If you hadnt moved to Hicksville you might have had someone to train with.
Belson
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvill wrote:

lol i do exactly the same. The worse is at traffic lights with big pedestrian crossings and people start looking at you and you have to pretend your singing to music! Rolling Eyes

and for the arguement concerning wearing headphones is dangerous...it maybe dangerous if u have it so loud u cant hear anything else but only for ur hearing! car drivers listening to loud music cant hear other cars so why is it any different for cyclists? drivers use mirrors, most of us will constantly be scanning the road ahead and turning our heads to see what is behind u. If u dont do ne of this or basic road skills then u shouldnt be on the bleeding road! I personally am a lot more aware on my bike than in my car and especially when i listen to music as i am more awake, cos when i dont have nething on i tend to fall asleep.

music listening to right now includes clubland 6, aim - cold water music and eminem - encore.
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS wrote:
Carvill wrote:

If you hadnt moved to Hicksville you might have had someone to train with.

Will try and get over for one of the club runs over xmas..... give you all good seeing to!!!! Very Happy

Matteo
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exit Planet Dust by The Chemical Brothers is my favourite turbo cd Cool. Not that I use the turbo very often Wink .
cyclingscott
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belson wrote:

lol i do exactly the same. The worse is at traffic lights with big pedestrian crossings and people start looking at you and you have to pretend your singing to music! Rolling Eyes

and for the arguement concerning wearing headphones is dangerous...it maybe dangerous if u have it so loud u cant hear anything else but only for ur hearing! car drivers listening to loud music cant hear other cars so why is it any different for cyclists? drivers use mirrors, most of us will constantly be scanning the road ahead and turning our heads to see what is behind u. If u dont do ne of this or basic road skills then u shouldnt be on the bleeding road! I personally am a lot more aware on my bike than in my car and especially when i listen to music as i am more awake, cos when i dont have nething on i tend to fall asleep.

music listening to right now includes clubland 6, aim - cold water music and eminem - encore.

Firstly, as a cyclist, you don't have a reinforced metal box around you so it is a bit worse if said metal box crashes into you than it would be in your car.
Secondly, at the risk of sounding boring, if you are not paying attention when you are driving you shouldn't be driving-you are in control of a deadly weapon effectively. And apparently you are more aware on your bike than when you are driving but you fall asleep on your bike. Shocked
Thirdly, if you fall asleep on your bike, something must be wrong-if it bores you that much maybe you shouldn't bother.

Basically, I am hoping I don't live anywhere near you!

www.corridori.co.uk
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclingscott wrote:
Belson wrote:

Firstly, as a cyclist, you don't have a reinforced metal box around you so it is a bit worse if said metal box crashes into you than it would be in your car.
Secondly, at the risk of sounding boring, if you are not paying attention when you are driving you shouldn't be driving-you are in control of a deadly weapon effectively. And apparently you are more aware on your bike than when you are driving but you fall asleep on your bike. Shocked
Thirdly, if you fall asleep on your bike, something must be wrong-if it bores you that much maybe you shouldn't bother.

Basically, I am hoping I don't live anywhere near you!

To late for that Scott! Wink

Stormer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pathetic thread. If the truth be known it's not the music these idiots pretend to listen to...it's the pretence of the contact with their DS.

Sad Fcuke4s
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormer wrote:
It's a pathetic thread. If the truth be known it's not the music these idiots pretend to listen to...it's the pretence of the contact with their DS.

Sad Fcuke4s

Cleared that up then!

Stormer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Stormer wrote:

Sad Fcuke4s

Cleared that up then!

Experience often does.
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Stormer wrote:

Sad Fcuke4s

Cleared that up then!

Listen at ya!!!
Your probably the type thats sits there listening to radio 4 with a nice fresh pot of tea. All on your jack lonesome!!!! Very Happy

Stormer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Stormer wrote:

Sad Fcuke4s

Cleared that up then!

Listen at ya!!!
Your probably the type thats sits there listening to radio 4 with a nice fresh pot of tea. All on your jack lonesome!!!! Very Happy

Oi! Recordings of Simon Bates "Our Tune" is my listening medium Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: