Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Favourite Training Tune!

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Favourite Training Tune!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you train with a walkman/ipod?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 32 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 65

Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormer wrote:
Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Stormer wrote:
It's a pathetic thread. If the truth be known it's not the music these idiots pretend to listen to...it's the pretence of the contact with their DS.

Sad Fcuke4s

Cleared that up then!

Listen at ya!!!
Your probably the type thats sits there listening to radio 4 with a nice fresh pot of tea. All on your jack lonesome!!!! Very Happy

Oi! Recordings of Simon Bates "Our Tune" is my listening medium Wink

http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/simon_bates_page.htm

Heres a link just for you stormer!! Did you ever feature on the show? Laughing

www.point7.co.uk | www.lincsquad.co.uk
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the first time the poll has drawn equal. Just one more 'yes' and were out in front!!! Cool

Stormer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never actually featured, but could relate to most of them.
Apart from the ones where one of them died, and it'd ruin the whole day.

Thanks for the link,
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormer wrote:
Never actually featured, but could relate to most of them.
Apart from the ones where one of them died, and it'd ruin the whole day.

Thanks for the link,

Its does tend to ruin ones day when the other one dies....

I still reckon that Steve Wrights Factoid's takes some beating....( Did I really just admit to listening to Radio 2)

PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting Shocked its dangerous for deaf people to ride bikes but ok for deaf people to ride bikes in the dark as they will see a car approaching from behind.....

cyclists are so concerned about whats behind we all fit little wing mirrors Rolling Eyes

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
interesting Shocked its dangerous for deaf people to ride bikes but ok for deaf people to ride bikes in the dark as they will see a car approaching from behind.....

cyclists are so concerned about whats behind we all fit little wing mirrors Rolling Eyes

Them mirrors have a warning on them...."objects appear larger than they actually are" So I got one for the bedroom.... Laughing

Its funny though, there are some car drivers who are blind, deaf and dumb. These drivers often have large boxes in there boot that ommitt deep pulsating base sounds to alert you to his disablities..... Very Happy

BuilthBullet
Cat 3 Groupie
Cat 3 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eye of the tiger mate... eye of the tiger haha!
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:

Nothing, but nothing p1sses me off more than cyclists looking behind them. Probably the most dangerous thing to do in a bunch, either racing or club runs.
Belson
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclingscott wrote:
Belson wrote:

lol i do exactly the same. The worse is at traffic lights with big pedestrian crossings and people start looking at you and you have to pretend your singing to music! Rolling Eyes

and for the arguement concerning wearing headphones is dangerous...it maybe dangerous if u have it so loud u cant hear anything else but only for ur hearing! car drivers listening to loud music cant hear other cars so why is it any different for cyclists? drivers use mirrors, most of us will constantly be scanning the road ahead and turning our heads to see what is behind u. If u dont do ne of this or basic road skills then u shouldnt be on the bleeding road! I personally am a lot more aware on my bike than in my car and especially when i listen to music as i am more awake, cos when i dont have nething on i tend to fall asleep.

music listening to right now includes clubland 6, aim - cold water music and eminem - encore.

Firstly, as a cyclist, you don't have a reinforced metal box around you so it is a bit worse if said metal box crashes into you than it would be in your car.
Secondly, at the risk of sounding boring, if you are not paying attention when you are driving you shouldn't be driving-you are in control of a deadly weapon effectively. And apparently you are more aware on your bike than when you are driving but you fall asleep on your bike. Shocked
Thirdly, if you fall asleep on your bike, something must be wrong-if it bores you that much maybe you shouldn't bother.

Basically, I am hoping I don't live anywhere near you!

yes u do sound very boring. Secondly if u find 9 hour winter training rides interesting then maybe theres something wrong with u, and thirdly if i shouldnt bother then neither should u, as i am a lot better than u will ever be.

Also i never said i dont pay attention when driving, i said i pay less attention and if theres a single person on here who can claim that they pay more attention when driving is lying.

And its ok, i'd never live anywhere near scotland, just come up, win your races, take ur women and come home Very Happy Dont get personal next time mate.
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson wrote:
PNuT wrote:

Nothing, but nothing p1sses me off more than cyclists looking behind them. Probably the most dangerous thing to do in a bunch, either racing or club runs.

you lost me there Confused

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belson wrote:
cyclingscott wrote:
Belson wrote:

lol i do exactly the same. The worse is at traffic lights with big pedestrian crossings and people start looking at you and you have to pretend your singing to music! Rolling Eyes

and for the arguement concerning wearing headphones is dangerous...it maybe dangerous if u have it so loud u cant hear anything else but only for ur hearing! car drivers listening to loud music cant hear other cars so why is it any different for cyclists? drivers use mirrors, most of us will constantly be scanning the road ahead and turning our heads to see what is behind u. If u dont do ne of this or basic road skills then u shouldnt be on the bleeding road! I personally am a lot more aware on my bike than in my car and especially when i listen to music as i am more awake, cos when i dont have nething on i tend to fall asleep.

music listening to right now includes clubland 6, aim - cold water music and eminem - encore.

Firstly, as a cyclist, you don't have a reinforced metal box around you so it is a bit worse if said metal box crashes into you than it would be in your car.
Secondly, at the risk of sounding boring, if you are not paying attention when you are driving you shouldn't be driving-you are in control of a deadly weapon effectively. And apparently you are more aware on your bike than when you are driving but you fall asleep on your bike. Shocked
Thirdly, if you fall asleep on your bike, something must be wrong-if it bores you that much maybe you shouldn't bother.

yes u do sound very boring. Secondly if u find 9 hour winter training rides interesting then maybe theres something wrong with u, and thirdly if i shouldnt bother then neither should u, as i am a lot better than u will ever be.

Also i never said i dont pay attention when driving, i said i pay less attention and if theres a single person on here who can claim that they pay more attention when driving is lying.

And its ok, i'd never live anywhere near scotland, just come up, win your races, take ur women and come home Very Happy Dont get personal next time mate.

I pay less attention when driving than when cycling, its human nature!!
The more safe you feel the less you worry.

Win the races, leave the women!!! Very Happy

Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, have you seen them in Scotland!!! Shocked

Warning: For those that take life to seriously and can be a bit *CENSORED* retentive, then the above reply was meant in humour and any offence caused or created by this remark, should be taken as your own responsibility for reading without humour. Remember your house is at risk if you leave the gas on and smoke.

Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belson wrote:
cyclingscott wrote:
Belson wrote:

I didn't know that Surrey was in Scotland! Wink

Anyway, 9 hour training rides!? WTF is all that about!??

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Jesse
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet's 'Cold Hard B!tch' is great for climbing
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Anyway, 9 hour training rides!? WTF is all that about!??
Beats me, too. Cipollini does 300k, but for everyone here it's just a hobby. But I'm lucky as a Vet I guess, none of my races are are more than 1 1/2 hours (no Fryer for me!). Longest rides I do are in Mallorca (nearly Christmas, roll on April!) maybe 5 hours. And they're only really hard when we get to the end and I put the hammer down sorry and I get put down by the hammer Sad.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
dimasobike
E, Silver

Location: Rolling a cheese, wearing a bear suit, sat in a wicker sofa.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have got one of them walkman things that plays tapes, but its that heavy that it puts ten pounds in (weight)on me pinarello dogmatic carbonari titanium mudguard special.And I have got a bad back and no eardrums left.
but ime still gonna go up to scotland and beat all those deepfried marsbar eaters with me one carbon leg that ive got left.
cyclingscott
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclingscott wrote:

Belson wrote:

Shocked

Alright Belson, calm down. Are you always this paranoid? I have just re-read my last post and I don't think I said anything about you not bothering so I don't know where that came from.
Also, I don't think I got personal at all, I don't know who you are so don't know whether you are any better or worse than me and, quite frankly for the purposes of this website I couldn't give a flying f**k. If I am not as good as you, does it make my opinion any less valid than yours, especially when we are talking about driving as well as cycling.
Personally, I pay just as much attention when I am driving, if not more-I don't like the idea of scaring, injuring or killing somebody because I am not paying attention.
As Billy Boy said, Surrey is nowhere near Scotland-maybe you weren't paying attention when you were driving to Surrey and didn't realise until you saw the Welcome to Scotland sign Laughing

By the way, you sound like a great guy Very Happy

www.corridori.co.uk
cyclingscott
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say Belson, if you do nine hour training rides in the winter, good luck to you! Laughing

www.corridori.co.uk
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclingscott wrote:
Forgot to say Belson, if you do nine hour training rides in the winter, good luck to you! Laughing

Never mind in the winter, any time at all!

Mind you, I had a 10 hour session the other day.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
cyclingscott wrote:

Never mind in the winter, any time at all!

Mind you, I had a 10 hour session the other day.

Thats some training....
Cool

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: