Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - sherwood cc sunday run today

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

sherwood cc sunday run today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Nicholas
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the great thing about Sherwood CC is that they have kit made in my size Wink Laughing
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Nicholas wrote:
the great thing about Sherwood CC is that they have kit made in my size Wink Laughing

No they don't....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Pat sews two kits together especially for you. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Simon Nicholas
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomcaT wrote:
Simon Nicholas wrote:

No they don't....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Pat sews two kits together especially for you. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes I know, but it amounts to the same thing. All part of the Sherwood CC service Wink
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Nicholas wrote:
TomcaT wrote:
Simon Nicholas wrote:

Yes I know, but it amounts to the same thing. All part of the Sherwood CC service Wink

Tis true Exclamation Shocked Wink
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Cooper, you could at least try to be consistent. First you wrote "in terms of success they're behind Chesterfield Coureurs (obviously ) in the East Mids" then "Sorry Ray, I didn't think we were talking about chipper races, my comment on the Coureurs was on a National level"
I forgot about the curse, thanks for reminding me. The sign of a great club is when they get a curse.
Also when they run great events at Darley Moor, the first of which is on Sat Mar 5th followed by 12th and 19th. Usual Format E/1/2/3 and 3/4/J/W + all u16 cats. Free ice cream to all u16s if temperature is above 22degC.
Note: The Div u16 circuit race championship will again be at the John Hinksman Event at Darley Moor , August Bank Holiday Sat.
Pinarello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are Ashfield and Bradgate merging.. rumour down our way is rife ?
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashfield are currently holding talks with George Stafford of Kirk Hallam (Champion Black Pudding Manufacturer). A number of issues remain to be resolved. When deal is sorted out fully and contracts signed the club intends to be agressive in the takeover market. We have several local clubs in mind but cannot yet disclose details.
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
Ashfield are currently holding talks with George Stafford of Kirk Hallam (Champion Black Pudding Manufacturer). A number of issues remain to be resolved. When deal is sorted out fully and contracts signed the club intends to be agressive in the takeover market. We have several local clubs in mind but cannot yet disclose details.

So it is true that Andy Wilson is training on black puddings??? Laughing Laughing just thought that was an urban myth. Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
Another misinformed outsider I'm afraid. Sherwood won the Lighthouse last year. The year before it was won by Ashfield
Strangely enough, I know that the Sherwood are 2 times winners on the bounce... so it is you that is misinformed! Wink
As the club that is in the ascendence, that also managed to break the team record (ignoring the one event that was 3 miles short, thus giving a false team time), then maybe it is time to acknowledge their supremecy in East Mids? Wink

Paul
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinarello wrote:

this ones been done before Confused ( the rumour, not a merge) where would the competition be if that happened? Wink

It would be good to see the Sherwood in some road races this year. Will they be putting a team in the Division Road champs? or are they all straight liners?? Wink
TW@

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinarello wrote:

I don't think they'll merge. It'd be like Asda merging with a corner shop. My money is now on a takeover and asset strip.
maryhinge
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
Cooper wrote "Sherwood CC are a good bunch, in terms of success they're behind Chesterfield Coureurs (obviously ) in the East Mids, but far more successful than the (defunct?) Bradgate and (defunct?) Ashfield."
You are obviously out of touch, but then living out of the Division, that's what I would expect. Sherwood more succesful? So how come the only decent rider they have spends his weekends on Ashfield events?
Ashfield RC - an ordinary, moderately succesful and highly influential cycling club.

Is Poole in the East Midlands?
Animal
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
It would be good to see the Sherwood in some road races this year. Will they be putting a team in the Division Road champs? or are they all straight liners?? Wink

I'll try to make it to the divs, and I'll try to get Jonny Boy and Neil...

All of us decent testers on bendy courses!
Will Scarlet
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
There may be 3 or 4 that give him a hard time in the Sherwood Club evening 10 mile TTs but you never see any Sherwood riders even competing never mind getting results in open events.
And when did Sherwood win the Div RR championship last? Or the NDCXL? or the Nottingham Track League? And how many Gloating Points do they have? NONE. At least Animal is prepared to have a go. See "Ashfield in the Pennines" thread.

2004 Division Road Race Champion (Youth) - Stephen Adams Sherwood CC

2004/5 NDCXL Junior Champion - Stephen Adams Sherwood CC

2003 Nottm Track League Youth Champion - Stephen Adams Sherwood CC[/b]
sflahert
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:
There may be 3 or 4 that give him a hard time in the Sherwood Club evening 10 mile TTs but you never see any Sherwood riders even competing never mind getting results in open events.
And when did Sherwood win the Div RR championship last? Or the NDCXL? or the Nottingham Track League? And how many Gloating Points do they have? NONE. At least Animal is prepared to have a go. See "Ashfield in the Pennines" thread.

2003 Nottm Track League Youth Champion - Stephen Adams Sherwood CC[/b]

Nice!
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:

2003 Nottm Track League Youth Champion - Stephen Adams Sherwood CC

Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
TW@

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: sherwood cc sunday run today Reply with quote

planki wrote:
hi! i was out on my bike earlier today and saw all you sherwood cc guys coming back down the epperstone bypass, im guessing you where heading back towards lowdham for the end of your ride??

you lucky gits had the wind going with you, must have made things nice and easy i was struggling along fighting the headwind ! Mad

anyway i was thinking i might come and join you guys on one of your runs, what happens in terms of people getting dropped etc do you wait or someone slows down for them to catch up etc

cheers guys!

I think we should ban this Planki - he's only made one posting and look at the trouble he's caused. The guy is obviously a sh!t stirrer Laughing
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TW@ wrote:
Pinarello wrote:

I don't think they'll merge. It'd be like Asda merging with a corner shop. My money is now on a takeover and asset strip.

I thought Bradgate were more a Sainsburys Laughing Laughing Laughing
MercMan
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
TW@ wrote:
Pinarello wrote:

No, that would be South Pennine or Long Eaton CC, they both wear dodgy orange uniforms Wink
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
TW@ wrote:
Pinarello wrote:

Why's that? Better vegetables? Wink Very Happy

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: