Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - sherwood cc sunday run today

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

sherwood cc sunday run today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Scarlet
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray(I never ride a bike) stuart wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:"Yoda's TT bike is a Pinarello "
A TT bike on a winter training run? Is that why there are so many crashes on the Parrot Runs? Hardly a week goes by without some incident or other resulting in a "heavy" fall.

I said he has a Pinarello, not he rides it on the club run!

When your club runs are so popular (usually 30+ riders on Saturdays including half of Ashfield RC), there is bound to be the odd incident.

The Doris incident was caused by a horse rearing up as the group passed by.
George Minion
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal wrote:
It wasn't Steve, it was a new parrot I've never met apparently.

I ve met him Laughing

he seemed OK and accepted the blame andwas very sorry,no problem thats what happens sometimes on group rides.
I hope its not put him off,it hasn,t me.
Pinarello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
Cammish was in the break of 5 - didn't get the result, no presentation so we left . A strong team from Oxford university ( well turned out team I might add). Ex Bradgate rider Mark Bruce was 3rd ( he now lives in Cambridge) and winner was Paul Wilkes ( back after 5 years out of competition).

Rumour has it the FS Maestro and Cheltenham lads were very strong and active... Laughing ... can this be confimed or denied by those present .... Wink
FullSpamAhead
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinarello wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:
Cammish was in the break of 5 - didn't get the result, no presentation so we left . A strong team from Oxford university ( well turned out team I might add). Ex Bradgate rider Mark Bruce was 3rd ( he now lives in Cambridge) and winner was Paul Wilkes ( back after 5 years out of competition).

Rumour has it the FS Maestro and Cheltenham lads were very strong and active... Laughing ... can this be confimed or denied by those present .... Wink

Were they as strong as Leisure Lakes RT and VC Tivoli...
Pinarello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FullSpamAhead wrote:
Pinarello wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:

Were they as strong as Leisure Lakes RT and VC Tivoli...

Certainly the quotes I heard suggested they were quite a force on the day

'...and my amazing lead out from 1/2 lap out - even putting someone on the grass who tried to come up our inside!'

and

'After a good day working with the FS Maestro boys Cheltenham and County ...... finishing up there in the bunch sprint ..... and Stuart (FS Maestro) getting 8ish!?? It was a good days work! Although disappointing not to see any other Cheltenham 'hardcore' racers there!'
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:

There may be 3 or 4 that give Animal a hard time in the Sherwood Club evening 10 mile TTs but you never see any Sherwood riders even competing never mind getting results in open events.

What rubbish!

Neil Walker and Jon Hunt regularly get into the top 10 in open TT's. Neil is a 2nd cat Roadman, how did he achieve that without riding any open events?

And when Sherwood beat Ashfield in the Leics RC 4-up, did Animal ride it on his own?

We had 17 riders in the Lighthouse and can regularly put out two teams in local time trials.

We only rode the Leicestershire 4-up as a 3-up too. Razz Cool I got in the top 10 in ALL of my open events since joining Sherwood CC (except National 10 but I don't like talking about that day Embarassed )

I would also like to point out that Sherwood CC has regular MTB rides and is a Go-Ride registered club that is putting back into the local community Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Scarlet wrote:
The Doris incident was caused by a horse rearing up as the group passed by.

Shame it did not *CENSORED* on him as well Exclamation Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinarello wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:

never saw either on the front Twisted Evil - most of the attacks came from Milton Keynes and the Oxford blues - and of course those in the break Wink One guy in pink did have a go ( was that FS Maestro????) he got half way across on his own then blew his swede Shocked - 10 out of 10 for effort tho!
Pinarello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
Pinarello wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:

never saw either on the front Twisted Evil - most of the attacks came from Milton Keynes and the Oxford blues - and of course those in the break Wink One guy in pink did have a go ( was that FS Maestro????) he got half way across on his own then blew his swede Shocked - 10 out of 10 for effort tho!

Dave - you have no idea the pleasure I am now about to have with you post... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will (Extra Fat Parrot) Scarlet wrote "When your club runs are so popular (usually 30+ riders on Saturdays including half of Ashfield RC), there is bound to be the odd incident. " If half of Ashfield RC were there then there would be more than 30.
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote"It would be good to see the Sherwood in some road races this year. Will they be putting a team in the Division Road champs? or are they all straight liners?? " I think that's a bit unfair Dave. Nigel was in the winning break until he punctured last year and there was only 75 miles of the race left.
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote"It would be good to see the Sherwood in some road races this year. Will they be putting a team in the Division Road champs? or are they all straight liners?? " I think that's a bit unfair Dave. Nigel was in the winning break until he punctured last year and there was only 75 miles of the race left.

I know Nigel rides the road - as he did in the Criggy RR the other year and I saw him in the John Parkinson too - be good to see a whole team tho - but of course ALL riders will be made welcome by Team Bradgate when we put on a show in May Wink
Animal
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ride effin' road races to shut you lot up! What's so great about being an evil-roadie-wheelsucker? I don't like road races, I like time trials of all kinds.
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped riding them because none of these roadies could stay upright. Rolling Eyes Loads of 'em were hitting the deck each week and nearly took me out a few times so I thought 'sod this', I'll do some proper racing! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FullSpamAhead
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this... a couple of testers engaging with the rest of society at large... gosh... you chaps aren't as brain dead as we all thought...
Nobis
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FullSpamAhead wrote:
Look at this... a couple of testers engaging with the rest of society at large... gosh... you chaps aren't as brain dead as we all thought...

Actually them pair above are quite educated, it's just the rest of us.
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhunt wrote "Loads of 'em were hitting the deck each week " I think they would rather hit the deck than be run over by a car doing 60mph.
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobis wrote "Actually them pair above are quite educated, it's just the rest of us." They might be educated but at least one of them does not understand road racing. Perhaps Sherwood should follow the example of Stilton RT and post up the educational qualifications of their riders.
johnysputnik
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Cheltenhamshire Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
Pinarello wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:

not quite the same result this week tho...... 'ave it!
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheltenhamshire Reply with quote

johnysputnik wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:
Pinarello wrote:
Dave Wilkes wrote:

not quite the same result this week tho...... 'ave it!

no cos Paul wasn't there Twisted Evil Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: