Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - NR Hardriders... who will win??

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

NR Hardriders... who will win??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is going to win the NR Hardriders on Sunday
Event Cancelled due to weather
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Michael Hutchinson
60%
 60%  [ 21 ]
Carl Saint
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Julian Ramsbottom
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Someone else...
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35

Badger
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result here

http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20794
Wheels of Fire
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
bonger wrote:
He is going well, and looked strong. Carl Saint put alot into him over the last leg though.

he was going well this time last year... but then went a little pear shaped Confused

strange how that happens Question

Thanks for the comments people. I really enjoyed the race but as you spotted lost out in the power on the run back form Hertford to Brookman's Park. Still I get to have another go at Carl next weekend Twisted Evil

Craig, was that you who shouted at me in Brickenden that I was in the lead??

PNuT, last years crap form was, I think the result of a couple of crashes leading to crap motivation... I'll try to keep the bike upright this year Very Happy

Thanks to everyone form the North Road as well, good decisions made to run the event and keep everyone informed. See you next year.
John McC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
John McC wrote:
PNuT wrote:
stuart had a little moan @ me the other day Laughing Laughing Laughing
And I'm going to have a little laugh at him on Sunday morning Laughing
I think you should take more time sorting out your own poor performances before you take the p1ss out of anyone else. All I have ever seen you do is give him stick on here.

Sorry, but your bad manners have affected my usual politeness Wink

As for "my poor performances"; care to expand on this?
Badger
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
At about three quaters distance of a shortened course (lots of ice on the road) Hutchinson was 1min 50sec up on Mike Broadwith, then another 10 seconds back to Carl Saint who looked like he had had an off, then another 1min 30sec back to Jon Hunt then another 46 seconds back to Ramsbottom in 5th. I wonder if Saint can get 11 seconds back on Mike over the last 6 or 7 miles. His bike seemed to be working ok.

£350 for 1st, £200 for 2nd, £125 for 3rd, £100 for 4th and £75 for 5th. I wish they would move this event to later in the year.

Only about 32 started out of 51, no Gary K, no Stoo Swawcross and no Chris Birch.
Anyone got the final result?

Hilly events in the middle of the season? How absurd. I thought after the early season hillys testers concentrated on DC's?
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger wrote:
bonger wrote:
At about three quaters distance of a shortened course (lots of ice on the road) Hutchinson was 1min 50sec up on Mike Broadwith, then another 10 seconds back to Carl Saint who looked like he had had an off, then another 1min 30sec back to Jon Hunt then another 46 seconds back to Ramsbottom in 5th. I wonder if Saint can get 11 seconds back on Mike over the last 6 or 7 miles. His bike seemed to be working ok.

£350 for 1st, £200 for 2nd, £125 for 3rd, £100 for 4th and £75 for 5th. I wish they would move this event to later in the year.

Only about 32 started out of 51, no Gary K, no Stoo Swawcross and no Chris Birch.
Anyone got the final result?

Hilly events in the middle of the season? How absurd. I thought after the early season hillys testers concentrated on DC's?

I've always thought this course would make for a great mid-season event too Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheels of Fire wrote:
PNuT wrote:
bonger wrote:
He is going well, and looked strong. Carl Saint put alot into him over the last leg though.

he was going well this time last year... but then went a little pear shaped Confused

strange how that happens Question

Thanks for the comments people. I really enjoyed the race but as you spotted lost out in the power on the run back form Hertford to Brookman's Park. Still I get to have another go at Carl next weekend Twisted Evil

, was that you who shouted at me in Brickenden that I was in the lead??

PNuT, last years crap form was, I think the result of a couple of crashes leading to crap motivation... I'll try to keep the bike upright this year Very Happy

Thanks to everyone form the North Road as well, good decisions made to run the event and keep everyone informed. See you next year.

Yes mate it was me. I didn't realise Axford was going that fast, he beat me to the timing point, he was probably in front of you then but you was about 10 seconds up on Carl Saint. I guessed it was obviouse that Hutchinson would be faster but I hadn't seen him at that point so couldn't give you a time, so i just shouted that you was leading.
PNuT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CANT BELIEVE two clowns voted for hutch after the results were posted Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
John McC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
I CANT BELIEVE two clowns voted for hutch after the results were posted Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe they had inside information Confused
PNuT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
PNuT wrote:

Maybe they had inside information Confused

at least they got it right Laughing

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've just reminded me that I forgot to vote! I'll sort that now. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewski wrote:
Where did Rambo go off course?
Rambo went off course at Ashenden - he turned left toward Bayford instead of continuing along the road, despite there being marshals telling him to bear right. I was coming back from Bayford and saw him going the wrong way - he must have guessed something wasn't right cos he shouted the question 'Is this the right way?' as he passed and I shouted back it wasn't! - luckily his following car Shocked Wink was right behind him and also confirmed with me he had gone off course, so he shot off up the road and turned Rambo round. I reckon he lost at least 3 mins, possibly as much as 4 in doing so. It would have given him 2nd clear if he had not done the detour.

Paul
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
Stewski wrote:
Rambo went off course at Ashenden - he turned left toward Bayford instead of continuing along the road, despite there being marshals telling him to bear right. I was coming back from Bayford and saw him going the wrong way - he must have guessed something wasn't right cos he shouted the question 'Is this the right way?' as he passed and I shouted back it wasn't! - luckily his following car Shocked Wink was right behind him and also confirmed with me he had gone off course, so he shot off up the road and turned Rambo round. I reckon he lost at least 3 mins, possibly as much as 4 in doing so. It would have given him 2nd clear if he had not done the detour.

Paul

I'm not sure about a clear second as Carl Saint crashed, dunno where or how much time he would have lost decause of that.
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
Stewski wrote:

Paul

You b@stard Paul! You cost me a placing. You should have told him he was bang on course! Twisted Evil I want that petrol money back! Laughing Si Howes may be banging on your door too Wink
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhunt wrote:
Thomo wrote:
Stewski wrote:

Paul

You b@stard Paul! You cost me a placing. You should have told him he was bang on course! Twisted Evil I want that petrol money back! Laughing Si Howes may be banging on your door too Wink
I gave you a discount on petrol - twice, remember! Laughing
Simon I'll see on Saturday at my race... I will let him know he is welcome to ride our club 10's any time he likes... Very Happy

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly the best organised club 10's around as well.
John McC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:

It's just a pity about the poxy course they use Wink
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
Des wrote:

Shocked It is a great course! Very Happy
John McC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhunt wrote:
John McC wrote:
Des wrote:

I didn't know you did their evening tens, Jon?
jhunt
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
jhunt wrote:
John McC wrote:
Des wrote:

I didn't know you did their evening tens, Jon?

I 'cut my teeth' in these events John! My first ever race was on this course and I rode it week in week out for years.
I rode it twice last year whilst visiting Hemel. I punctured in the first one (in a downpour) when on for my course best but I managed to get another ride in and finally beat my 1993 course best by doing 21-22. Very Happy
I have been on for a 20 before but my wheel pulled over and I had to stop and correct the problem (my fault for using Tim Cox's bike).
I will get a 20 on it one day!
John McC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair doos then Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: