Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - One Governing Body

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

One Governing Body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Some say we should have only one Governing Body, so do you think we should have only one political party running the country ?
YES
82%
 82%  [ 14 ]
NO
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Cavalier
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: One Governing Body Reply with quote

Well what do you think ? same thing in't it, I mean, should we have only one party in the country Embarassed

Last edited by Cavalier on Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running the country or the sport? Rolling Eyes
At the moment I think you will find only one party does run the country... but that can change at each election time...

Paul

Last edited by Thomo on Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dark Helmet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, we DO have one political party running the country and for the most pat of our recent history this has always been so. Confused

The main exceptions being the coalition during WWII and the LIB/LAB pact in the late seventies IIRC
Pierre Head
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
Running the country or the sport? Rolling Eyes
At the moment I think you will find only one party does run the country... but that can change at each election time...

Paul

Well if the same carnage is in place as used to be the scene at division meetings, nothing will get changed. It's the same old game. Street sweepers by day, managing directors by night. I remember one instance very well. My local Con. Club got in financial difficulty due to the no-brainers. While playing snooker I said to one or two others who ran their own business's that perhaps we should get them all to resign and we'll do it. Well they agreed, and we had the place back on it feet inside two months. Now where's those Chechen rebels?
Mossy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit like the "who will follow Lance" question . Who will follow Labour when they eventually loose an election?

If the tories get in will they give BC more power to punish TLI?
rghit pclae.
Rafiki
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycling should have only one governing body... The fact that we are split up into BC (doing well in the Olympic based funding stakes) the CTC (strong on the local issues) the TLI (strong at minimising bureaucracy and attracting riders cos of low overheads) and the CCT (or whatever the RTTC calls itself these days)(good at appealing to a portion of the converted)... shows that we are going to have a quiet voice. The sooner the bodies unite the sooner we get a proper voice.

As regards the nation... I'd love a one party state, so long as it was one with a social, economic and ecological conscience... but I ain't found a party to fulfil all those requirements...yet!
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main benefit I see from having one governing body is to ensure a consistancy to the whole sport ... something that has been missing for way too long and that confuses and puts off new comers...

CTT in my mind is too old a too beuraucratic (sp?) ... and would be best wound up and giving up its experience to the BC who are reallly leading the way...

For the sake of the sport this would be the best thing...

TLI can keep on doing what they do - but agree to feed people into BC structure... ;-0

Thrillster.
troy spartan
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dick Thrill wrote:
The main benefit I see from having one governing body is to ensure a consistancy to the whole sport ... something that has been missing for way too long and that confuses and puts off new comers...

CTT in my mind is too old a too beuraucratic (sp?) ... and would be best wound up and giving up its experience to the BC who are reallly leading the way...

For the sake of the sport this would be the best thing...

TLI can keep on doing what they do - but agree to feed people into BC structure... ;-0

Thrillster.

I couldn't agree more.

copuld be done with all the money generated from testers! BC could build another track, buy some more of those fancy carbon track bikes, send some more women to world cup track meetings and on longer winter training camps in the sun. The benefits are endless Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Life's short but hard like a bodybuilding elf.

Fun whilst it lasted.

www.whiteknightrc.com
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dick Thrill wrote:
CTT in my mind is too old a too beuraucratic (sp?) ... and would be best wound up and giving up its experience to the BC who are reallly leading the way....
Being involved at a Divisional level for BC, and District level for CTT, as well as organising races for both, I can honestly say there is more bureaucracy in BC. Much more. CTT, being older, doesn't mean it is worse or that it is incapable of rapid development and change. At a very basic level, the BCF bureacracy was based on the RTTC system, with club representative to a district (or Division) level, that reported to a national level that governed the sport. Over time, there has become more layers within BC now than there ever is within CTT.

Ultimately, IF CTT ever did thow in the towel and let BC run time trials, I reckon BC would still keep most of the current CTT regs in place, and the sport itself wouldn't change that much from what it is doing today - time trials will still happen on roads with 1 minute gaps between starters and they will be timed over a set distance.

I don't think BC really want to take on TT's though...

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: