Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - David Millar?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

David Millar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will David Millar ride for a Protour Team in 2006?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 35 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 53

alexc
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: VDB no different to most Reply with quote

Lucho wrote:
alexc wrote:
I don't understand, he serves his ban and is entitled to race again, just like all the others that have been caught, and don't think for a minute he is in the minority of pros (or even british pros) that have charged up in recent years. At least he didn't say it was for his dog, mother in law, toothache etc, only thisafternoon I saw VDB racing again, now there is one *CENSORED* addled loser who should be banned for life.

I raced with VDB in 1993 and he was rather a classy rider then...the difference between him and most of the bunch was huge. I'd don't think it is fair to insult him like you have. The sport was rotten with *CENSORED*, so how can you single him out???

Maybe you need to find another sport to watch? mass doping has gone on in the 1990s...wake up and stop singling out individuals and stop trying to pretend the big names weren't *CENSORED* addled losers either

I am fully aware how widespread the problem is, I could have used several examples of riders whose crimes far exceed millars, but he was the first to spring to mind, and he came out with some of the best excuses, at least millar held his hands up when caught when caught. unlike VDB, simoni, rumsas, etc.
ph
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have deep views on *CENSORED* in sport, I dont agree with cheating to win anything,

He was my sons hero, until he lost everything, now my son follows chris newton.
Rafiki
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM was my son's hero too...

At the Manchester velodrome he was there... I asked my son if he wanted DM's autograph and he replied, 'But he cheated'. I pointed out that he was a star before he cheated... and he was happy to get the autograph, and DM obliged us with a photo.

Personally, I can appreciate that DM is very talented... and that he is human. He made a mistake. He's learnt from it: after all, there can be few who say they ain't regretted something they've done. I'd be delighted to see him back racing at the top level... but if there was a new 'positive' then I'd ban him for life from high level competition. I have every faith that there would be no 'new positive'...
Zontor the Destroyer
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucho your dead right, and you raced in europe, you must know for a fact what every rider did and took, it was probably in their interests to tell you, so you could educate the ignorant english riders who dont like cheats on internet forums.

We are all lucky on this forum that you are willing to educate us and share without any thought or hesitation your wise and well thought out words. How can one man know so much, share his amazing knowledge so easily and unselfishely, and threaten and insult people by calling them names makes me smile.
Pierre Head
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zontor the Destroyer wrote:
Lucho your dead right, and you raced in europe, you must know for a fact what every rider did and took, it was probably in their interests to tell you, so you could educate the ignorant english riders who dont like cheats on internet forums.

We are all lucky on this forum that you are willing to educate us and share without any thought or hesitation your wise and well thought out words. How can one man know so much, share his amazing knowledge so easily and unselfishely, and threaten and insult people by calling them names makes me smile.

He's telling you nowt, and never will, nor will anyone else because that's how it works. Here's one to frighten you, strychnine was used widely up to the mid seventies.
bonger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that frighten you Zontor? I am agast with that one!
Zontor the Destroyer
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont interact with fools for fear of it rubbing off on me.
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont interact with fools for fear of it rubbing off on me.

do you include the ones who part with £7.99 for illegal dvds in this statement ?

Putting the dross back in Clay Cross (RT)
Zontor the Destroyer
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the title here was will david millar ride for a protour team, but i do make the odd exception like now to answer you.

Buying a dvd with material on it you want to see and are interested in, perhaps because you missed the transmittion, for £7.99 doesnt make you a fool, so yes i do talk to them.

But, no i wont talk to you again, and this was an exception circumstance.
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't label me a fool ! Evil or Very Mad i'm more of an idiot/moron hybrid if were going to be pedantic !

PNuT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im the fool Exclamation

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
im the fool Exclamation

as it's got to 8 pages I just thought i'd send the thread down the toilet before you fellows locked it Wink

Max Drury
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nauseating brown nosed pratt
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Drury wrote:

I can hear pnut's keys jangling from here Laughing Laughing Laughing

PNuT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes... the level ov insults are really poor.... i should really remove the whole thread on that basis alone Wink

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ventoux110700
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question is, will VDB be riding for a team at all next year, after he quit another race today Laughing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paperazzi/sets/
Lucho
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Drury wrote:

Zontor
All I'm saying is I did some racing in France and Belgium in the early 1990s and I was nowhere near as good as the riders like VDB and David Millar and therefore, regardless of their doping, I think we should respect them
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Drury wrote:

I have never seen a post on here that makes less sense that this one from Max.
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucho wrote:
Max Drury wrote:

Zontor
All I'm saying is I did some racing in France and Belgium in the early 1990s and I was nowhere near as good as the riders like VDB and David Millar and therefore, regardless of their doping, I think we should respect them
Yes, respect the cheats you prat!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: