Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Derny Paced Racing Revolution Meetings "Need some Votes

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Derny Paced Racing Revolution Meetings "Need some Votes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Derny Paced Racing Revolution Meetings
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 20 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Gangmaker
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

Location: British Derny Pacers insurance sorted. Next Insurance for the Cat "A" pacers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Derny Paced Racing Revolution Meetings "Need some Votes Reply with quote

Derny Paced Racing Revolution Meetings "Need some Votes"
See Thread Arrow www

Cool Cool Cool Very Happy

The Revolution meetings organization is thinking about puting on some future Derny Paced Racing at Manchester Velodrome.

Derny Sport UK
This would be a major step for Derny Paced Racing in the UK.
So the discipline can move forward.
When I go to the Gent 6-day every year I always make a point to ask some of the paying public what they thought of the racing.And on every occasion they tell me it was the derny racing which they enjoyed the most.Because it was thriling and exciteing to watch.It works in Europe so why not hear.

As an example take a married couple for instance the husband likes to watch motor racing and motor GP.And the wife likes to watch running and tennis.The derny or stayer discipline's appeals to both. Hense you have a very appealing activity's which appeals to so many people.

This is what the Revolution meetings organization have to say:-

It would be great to have some derny racing and there are plans being discussed for Revolutions 11 and 12. If people are eager to see Derny racing then we can make it happen.

Thank You
Paul Spender Derny Sport UK
Richard Kennedy
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With such a short programme there wouldn't be a lot of time for long derny paced events, but some shorter ones, perhaps even derny paced madison pairs could be fun, as long as the racing isn't fixed!!!
Big-C
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Kennedy wrote:
With such a short programme there wouldn't be a lot of time for long derny paced events, but some shorter ones, perhaps even derny paced madison pairs could be fun, as long as the racing isn't fixed!!!

Derny-paced team sprint

now that I'd pay tosee
monk
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhap's we could arrange some unfixed races, providing the riders rather than allowing the stars to arrnage the races for us. I'd ride an unfixed race but ain't playing if it predetermined by the full time few. Derny racing's exciting enough without being dumbed down by egos
Big-C
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monk wrote:
perhap's we could arrange some unfixed races, providing the riders rather than allowing the stars to arrnage the races for us. I'd ride an unfixed race but ain't playing if it predetermined by the full time few. Derny racing's exciting enough without being dumbed down by egos

Fixed racing, you say ? next you'll be saying Some of the British lads in the Elite RR were riding for their trade teams !

Laughing
Richard Kennedy
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monk wrote:
perhap's we could arrange some unfixed races,.....

Very Happy I like it, can you arrange unfixed racing?? Oxymoron alert Very Happy
jnotley
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm fairly sure that the same people would win whether its fixed or not. and at the end of the day its only a bit of entertainment to get the jo public interested.

i do seem to remember someone winning a devil somewhere a long the line. i'm not entirly sure that was planned Very Happy.
monk
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnotley wrote:
i'm fairly sure that the same people would win whether its fixed or not. and at the end of the day its only a bit of entertainment to get the jo public interested.

i do seem to remember someone winning a devil somewhere a long the line. i'm not entirly sure that was planned Very Happy.

good skills notley,one of the few upsets achieved i believe. Bit like the Stonefield Cycles rider singlehandedly working over the 9 City of Edinburgh riders with 10 riders left in a devil at meadowbank Shocked Wink
jnotley
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monk wrote:
jnotley wrote:

good skills notley,one of the few upsets achieved i believe. Bit like the Stonefield Cycles rider singlehandedly working over the 9 City of Edinburgh riders with 10 riders left in a devil at meadowbank Shocked Wink

yeah unfortunately i was worked over by the 5 scottish coms this year Evil or Very Mad. Obviously saw a repeat performance coming on Very Happy
Urban Stash
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be too loud in manchester
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban Stash wrote:

Shut it you muppet

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Gangmaker
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

Location: British Derny Pacers insurance sorted. Next Insurance for the Cat "A" pacers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monk wrote:

The only way for derny racing to survive is "OPEN RACING" that is what we do in the UK. And it ain't fixed. Evil or Very Mad
Gangmaker
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban Stash wrote:

Have you ever been to a 6-day. And seen the dernys in action?
Gangmaker
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Kennedy wrote:

I guess you are refuring to PW. Those days are long gone. It is now Open Racing FULL ON. Yes I agree we could not have long derny events.
Because there would not be enough time as you point out.A derny madison would be good idea for the future.But not to start off with.
Reason none off the pacers we have around today in the UK have done a derny madison.Lets keep it simple to start off with.
Gangmaker
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monk wrote:

It will be "Open Racing" If the rider has the good condition and a good pacer. Then they will win. It is as simple as that.
Gangmaker
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Kennedy wrote:
monk wrote:
perhap's we could arrange some unfixed races,.....

Very Happy I like it, can you arrange unfixed racing?? Oxymoron alert Very Happy

A derny race is a race and it ain't going to be fixed.But unfixed.
Richard you know me better than that.
Big 'n Daft
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the fast riders can stay-on at 60kph+ the problem is that the dernys (alledgedly) don't go much faster (at Manchester). Also the slingshot effect makes it a bit hairy for the driver if there is more than one derny up.

If the Manchester dernys are used the issue would be that they would:
not start
not keep going
suffer a puncture
saddle would fall off
crank could come off
or the classic running out of fuel (assuming you remembered to turn it on)

Its a good idea, probably not the best place to try it
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big 'n Daft wrote:
The problem is the fast riders can stay-on at 60kph+ the problem is that the dernys (alledgedly) don't go much faster (at Manchester). Also the slingshot effect makes it a bit hairy for the driver if there is more than one derny up.

not start
not keep going
suffer a puncture
saddle would fall off
crank could come off

Same risks as any race then. Rolling Eyes

Just avit, I thought the Revs were supposed to entertainment.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Richard Kennedy
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big 'n Daft wrote:

not start
not keep going
suffer a puncture
saddle would fall off
crank could come off

I can't attest to the reliability of the Manchester Dernys, but I see no problem with any "slingshot effect". I've driven a derny in 6 up races on Meadowbank (a more technically demanding track than Manchester) and there were no problems.

If the Manchester Dernys are in question then I don't see it posing much of a problem to get the modern matching set of Dernys from Newport transported up for the day.
BryanTaylor
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rode a derny event at Gent a year or so ago, & the only problem I had was the worry of whether my bars would snap with the g-forces of taking the derny line exiting the banking, after a few laps it was ok & I was involved in a 3 way overtaking manoeuvre at one point which again was fine. Derny racing on a 250m would be ok assuming the dernys are ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: