Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Der Kaiser - fat or not?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Der Kaiser - fat or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Jan fat or not?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 25 ]
He just looks normal to me
29%
 29%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 55

De Rosa
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ask Heiko - he will know.
varno
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he actually rode the track for the german junior squad, in fact he raced in the UK (somewhere up north, he couldnt remember) in a junior international event. He was very dominant as a trackie in his younger days. (not surpising)..

I get really fed up with the Ulli knockers, if they knew him, they would realise he is one of the nicest blokes on the pro scene. He looks like he has massive legs on the bike but they are actually normal size just very, very toned. I dont think the camera is kind to him. But guess what i doesnt care what the media say about him, he does his talking with his riding. And the money makes goes to lookiang after his family, actually his brother also works on the squad. As he says "its just unfortaunate for him and many others, that he was at his prime at the same time as the greatest ever tour rider". By the way he respects Lance beyond belief.

So dont knock him, just enjoy watching a magnificent rider in, probably, his last couple of years as a tour copntender.
JV

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=182745114790&ref=mf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCZGQ3rMG0
Big-C
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varno wrote:
Yes he actually rode the track for the german junior squad, in fact he raced in the UK (somewhere up north, he couldnt remember) in a junior international event. He was very dominant as a trackie in his younger days. (not surpising)..

I get really fed up with the Ulli knockers, if they knew him, they would realise he is one of the nicest blokes on the pro scene. He looks like he has massive legs on the bike but they are actually normal size just very, very toned. I dont think the camera is kind to him. But guess what i doesnt care what the media say about him, he does his talking with his riding. And the money makes goes to lookiang after his family, actually his brother also works on the squad. As he says "its just unfortaunate for him and many others, that he was at his prime at the same time as the greatest ever tour rider". By the way he respects Lance beyond belief.

So dont knock him, just enjoy watching a magnificent rider in, probably, his last couple of years as a tour copntender.
JV

well said
Patrick
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big-C wrote:
varno wrote:

JV

well said

Smile seconded,its normally people who dont know what their on about who knock Jan,or who just try and be funny with the whole Jan in the off season thing which was lame in the first place. Rolling Eyes
Big-C
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Big-C wrote:
varno wrote:

JV

well said

Smile seconded,its normally people who dont know what their on about who knock Jan,or who just try and be funny with the whole Jan in the off season thing which was lame in the first place. Rolling Eyes

TBF, Jan did have a few off-seasons where he went a little over the top.

But that's why I like him, he's human.

Eats too much in the winter - check
crashes his 911 when beered up - check
enjoys disco-biscuits - check
dates his best mate's sister - check
loves his Mum - check
nice bloke - check
Patrick
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big-C wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Big-C wrote:
varno wrote:

JV

well said

loves his Mum - check
nice bloke - check

Laughing Laughing Smile yup
Big-C
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Big-C wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Big-C wrote:
varno wrote:

JV

well said

loves his Mum - check
nice bloke - check

Laughing Laughing Smile yup

Oh yeah, he very good at cycling Laughing
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon he will have put a few llbs on - even LA did that - look at him in the Paris Nice last year - I thought he looked positively chubby but no one got too shirty about it.

I think Jan looks good - but the hair cut... hmm.. leaves a lot to be desired me thinks... with his build short hair is better,,,,,

Rich
NickB
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy he is standing next to while driving the boat is a good freind of mine who weighs about 68 kilos. Dont think Jan looks much bigger than Paul (my Freind)
Richard
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken off www.grahamwatson.com, from the LA tribute/Tour Years/2005:

the boy has very ripped legs
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen more impressive rears tho' Laughing
jk_bike
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whos he riding for next year anyway?
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, have you got nothing better to do than digging up old threads from VR? Tsk, the kids of today...
jk_bike
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked i thought it was jan 07
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Bell wrote:
Jack, have you got nothing better to do than digging up old threads from VR? Tsk, the kids of today...

This just confused the hell out of me!!! Confused Confused
Peter Tete
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now with no team to ride for, no clear future in cycling, shamed in his home country, I reckon Jan has probably reached the size of that darts player off celeb fat club.
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Tete wrote:
Well, now with no team to ride for, no clear future in cycling, shamed in his home country, I reckon Jan has probably reached the size of that darts player off celeb fat club.

Acqua Sapone
DNAse
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
Peter Tete wrote:

Acqua Sapone

Not confirmed yet... perhaps they want him to step on the scales first.
clouchi
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bet he goes out training with a stollen in his back pocket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: