Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Eastmidlands Divs

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Eastmidlands Divs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Eastmidlands Divs Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm the rules reference the divs

i.e a rider who is in a club which is not in the eastmidlands can still ride the emd if he or she lives in the eastmidlands region?

Thanks PIE
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be in a East Midlands Club to ride the EM Divs. However certain riders are allowed to change their club to suit which race they want to ride.
Richard Kennedy
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
You have to be in a East Midlands Club to ride the EM Divs. However certain riders are allowed to change their club to suit which race they want to ride.

Sorry Ray, that's no longer the case. The rules were changed for this year as part of the competition review. You now ride the regional champs for where you live NOT for where your club is.

Quote:
18.3 Individual Regional Championships shall be open to members who reside in that Region.

Hope that answers your question Pieman Smile
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richard,

I also found this on the BCF site...

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/News2006/20060307_rules_update.asp

Cheers

PIE

p.s, see you there Ray Very Happy
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Kennedy wrote:
ray stuart wrote:

Sorry Ray, that's no longer the case. The rules were changed for this year as part of the competition review. You now ride the regional champs for where you live NOT for where your club is.

Quote:
18.3 Individual Regional Championships shall be open to members who reside in that Region.

What region does Peterborough come under?

I'm a qualified coach.
Road Runner
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:

Think you have been to close to those machines you install. They seem to have fuddled your brain. Laughing
Richard Kennedy
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory Tim wrote:
Richard Kennedy wrote:
ray stuart wrote:

Quote:

Dunno, I try to stay as far away from people from Peterborough as possible Wink
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Kennedy wrote "Sorry Ray, that's no longer the case. The rules were changed for this year as part of the competition review. You now ride the regional champs for where you live NOT for where your club is. "
Does that mean that in future you will need to change your address, rather than just the club, if you want to ride a different division championship?
Will Scarlet
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you have 2 addresses i.e. you are at uni in Nottm but your home address is in Cambridge. Which Div's would you ride?
Lillywhite
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory Tim wrote:

Central, East Midlands, Eastern. Take your pick since it's at the edge of all three. Probably the reason why the Fenland Clarion and Peterborough CC are in different BC regions. Wink
elaina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Scarlet wrote:
What if you have 2 addresses i.e. you are at uni in Nottm but your home address is in Cambridge. Which Div's would you ride?

If the date of the Divs is during your term time then you are allowed to ride the divs in the area of your Uni. However if the divs for that area are out term dates then you are not allowed to ride them but you can ride the divs of the area of your home address.

Quote:
7.9.6 Competitors who are full-time students at University or other establishment of further education, are also permitted to represent the affiliated Club of that establishment during term time.
Disco Inferno
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elaina wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:

If the date of the Divs is during your term time then you are allowed to ride the divs in the area of your Uni. However if the divs for that area are out term dates then you are not allowed to ride them but you can ride the divs of the area of your home address.

Quote:
7.9.6 Competitors who are full-time students at University or other establishment of further education, are also permitted to represent the affiliated Club of that establishment during term time.

So what if you are a PhD student, and you don't have a term Question
Lillywhite
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco Inferno wrote:

So what if you are a PhD student, and you don't have a term Question

Clearly the address you are residing at the time of the race.
Jesse
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not quite that clear. What happens if you're a student on a work placement for a year so have no term time as such and 3 addresses to choose from? And what happens if you are a student who doesn't live in halls so doesn't go home during the hols? And, what happens if you are an overseas student during the hols?
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaina wrote"If the date of the Divs is during your term time then you are allowed to ride the divs in the area of your Uni. However if the divs for that area are out term dates then you are not allowed to ride them but you can ride the divs of the area of your home address.

Quote:
7.9.6 Competitors who are full-time students at University or other establishment of further education, are also permitted to represent the affiliated Club of that establishment during term time. "

But it says "represent the affiliated club" not "ride in the Div championship of". I thought the idea of the new rules was that riders rode individually ie not representing a club.
This all sounds a bit of a nightmare for race officials, not only do they have to know the geographic boundaries of all divisions and how to find if a riders address is in the right division, but must also take account of university terms in determining the appropriate address to use. In the case above the rider would probably have his Cambridge address on his licence but how would he prove his Nottingham address during term time.
AnthonyPearson
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Forget the bc rules this is the criteria Reply with quote

This is the criteria for entries,

have you paid?
have you brought a marshall?
do we like you?
are you likely to cause a crash?
are you likely to complain?
are you expecting a prize for coming last?
will you finish 30 minutes after the officials have gone?

lastly

do you live in the east mids?

Mr P ( if you don't like it don't enter)
AnthonyPearson
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Do you know where you live? Reply with quote

Steve Parsons will spend the evening before the race checking your home addresses, so be very, very, careful. Find out where you live tonight before you enter. We need money to pay for Quibell Park track, your money will not be returned.

Mr P
joxster
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr P, where's the East Midlands? Just in case I know someone who lives there and I 'rent' a room off. Wink

Programming is like 5ex, one mistake and you have to support it for life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: