Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - East Mids RR

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

East Mids RR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaina wrote to Dave Perry " See you at the next East Mids meeting then" As Ashfield RC already supply 3 out of the 12 East Midlands BC Board members I think we do more than our fair share. And at the last 5 events I have been to in EM either all or some of the moto marshalls have been from Ashfield RC (one of these being Dave Perry).But then we are a traditional style club albeit one that is moderately successful, influential and with an international reputation. A club like Scunthorpe Poly CC who did an excellent job yesterday, marvellous cakes and sandwiches.
The Division is keen to ensure that any equipment that anyone who is brave to organise an event requires is readily available. We have radios, signs, flags, marshalls vests etc and we will purchase other kit as requested by organisers. The "photo finish equipment " which Ashfield use is nothing more than a compact digital camera with 30 frames/sec movie mode, a tripod and a laptop PC with "Quicktime" software ( free to download). This gives a frame rate equivalent to approx 1/3 wheel at normal flat sprint speeds. This is not enough to seperate tiny fractions of a second on the line but does ensure that you do get all the riders in the correct order. We used this for 2 seasons now at Darley Moor and are confident of getting a good result within 10 mins of the finish. Modern digital compacts are able to produce good images in poor light conditions.
What a club can offer is a contactable, social, active, reliable group that can motivate itself to organise an event. If, for example, I were to offer to organise the next Div Championship what I really mean is that Ashfield RC will organise it with help from Sherwood CC, VC Nottingham, Beeston CC, etc etc. Which is why I think that the Division should consist of the clubs within it and not the riders who happen to live there. Does anyone know why BC have changed the rules so that the Division consists of the riders who live in it?
Windy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
Elaina wrote to Dave Perry " See you at the next East Mids meeting then" As Ashfield RC already supply 3 out of the 12 East Midlands BC Board members I think we do more than our fair share. And at the last 5 events I have been to in EM either all or some of the moto marshalls have been from Ashfield RC (one of these being Dave Perry).But then we are a traditional style club albeit one that is moderately successful, influential and with an international reputation. A club like Scunthorpe Poly CC who did an excellent job yesterday, marvellous cakes and sandwiches.
The Division is keen to ensure that any equipment that anyone who is brave to organise an event requires is readily available. We have radios, signs, flags, marshalls vests etc and we will purchase other kit as requested by organisers. The "photo finish equipment " which Ashfield use is nothing more than a compact digital camera with 30 frames/sec movie mode, a tripod and a laptop PC with "Quicktime" software ( free to download). This gives a frame rate equivalent to approx 1/3 wheel at normal flat sprint speeds. This is not enough to seperate tiny fractions of a second on the line but does ensure that you do get all the riders in the correct order. We used this for 2 seasons now at Darley Moor and are confident of getting a good result within 10 mins of the finish. Modern digital compacts are able to produce good images in poor light conditions.
What a club can offer is a contactable, social, active, reliable group that can motivate itself to organise an event. If, for example, I were to offer to organise the next Div Championship what I really mean is that Ashfield RC will organise it with help from Sherwood CC, VC Nottingham, Beeston CC, etc etc. Which is why I think that the Division should consist of the clubs within it and not the riders who happen to live there. Does anyone know why BC have changed the rules so that the Division consists of the riders who live in it?

Here's a whole list of clubs in the East Midlands district, mention some of them as well.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/clu/cluClubFinder.asp?club_cp=1&club_mode=0&club_id=&club_myclubs=No&club_goride=0&RefID=&RefType=&club_kw=&club_regions=East+Midlands&club_disc=All+Activities&club_resultspp=20
Steve P
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there such a thing as a list of pre-approved course's.

A few I can think of:

Seagrave
Harby
Scotter
AnthonyPearson
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Just about got the first fifteen Reply with quote

AnthonyPearson wrote:
PLACED RIDERS

1 PAUL WILKES DE ROSA RT
2 STEPHAN WOLFER ZENITH CC
3 ANDY PROFFITT ARTIC-SHORTER ROCHFORD RT
4 PAUL WRIGHT GO SPORTS SPEX
5 SIMON MARTIN SCIENCEINSPORT.COM
6 BRIAN FLEMING BC PRIVATE MEMBER
7 JON MOZLEY MERLIN DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
8 JULIAN LOWES ALFORD WHS
9 JULIAN JUDGE ALFORD WHS
10 SIMON DAY INTERBIKE RT
11 ROBERT PARKIN HEANOR CLARION
12 ANDREW STUART ASHFIELD RC
13 PETER KENNEDY CHERRY VALLEY RC
14 OWAIN LOVELL ASHFIELD RC
15 LUKE ALLEN UNIVERSAL CC

More pictures will be uploaded of the finish tonight Monday, see how you get on identifying those poor wet things. It would have also helped if riders had put their numbers on the left shoulder as instructed. However some riders did put on waterproof clothing because of the weather conditions. Be cold or have a minor placing! I know which one I would pick. Even photo finish equipment would have found the job on Sunday difficult, plus it costs £300 to hire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: