Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - East Mids RR

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

East Mids RR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swainy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this point deserves a thread of its own. Scunthorpe Poly CC not only promoted the Regional RR Champs yesterday but organise the Friday night track league at Quibell and a number of Open Track Meets throughout the year. On top of this they have done a lot of work towards getting the track up and running again.[/quote]

Steve Parsons is also responsible for the region 'running like clockwork' - shame he doesn't live in the middle of the region ie somewhere near Saffron Lane ! Wink Cool
@Andy_Swain
David Perry
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:
So who is going to run next year's EM championship?Will it be De Rosa RT? Or will it have to be someone who lives in the East Midlands? I suggest it should be a qualified organiser who lives nearest to the winner. Step forward Dave Wilkes.
Seriously though, this is a problem with the new BC regionalisation idea. Do the riders who live in the region have any commitment to the Regional organisation? Do they contribute financially to it? Or do they just race in the regional championship?

A good point, Ray. Many riders ride for "teams", many of whom wouldn't have the resources to promote the Champs. So it then falls to the traditional clubs to organise. A problem not restricted to the Div champs, but to cyclesport in general.

I think this point deserves a thread of its own. Scunthorpe Poly CC not only promoted the Regional RR Champs yesterday but organise the Friday night track league at Quibell and a number of Open Track Meets throughout the year. On top of this they have done a lot of work towards getting the track up and running again.

All the clubs with in the region should be involved in the div's it should not be down to one club for what is a big event for the rider's. For some it is the pinnacle of there season.
Then all the resources could be put together, that each club has i.e photo finish, marshall's,refreshment's etc.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Perry wrote:
KJ wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:
So who is going to run next year's EM championship?Will it be De Rosa RT? Or will it have to be someone who lives in the East Midlands? I suggest it should be a qualified organiser who lives nearest to the winner. Step forward Dave Wilkes.
Seriously though, this is a problem with the new BC regionalisation idea. Do the riders who live in the region have any commitment to the Regional organisation? Do they contribute financially to it? Or do they just race in the regional championship?

A good point, Ray. Many riders ride for "teams", many of whom wouldn't have the resources to promote the Champs. So it then falls to the traditional clubs to organise. A problem not restricted to the Div champs, but to cyclesport in general.

I think this point deserves a thread of its own. Scunthorpe Poly CC not only promoted the Regional RR Champs yesterday but organise the Friday night track league at Quibell and a number of Open Track Meets throughout the year. On top of this they have done a lot of work towards getting the track up and running again.

All the clubs with in the region should be involved in the div's it should not be down to one club for what is a big event for the rider's. For some it is the pinnacle of there season.
Then all the resources could be put together, that each club has i.e photo finish, marshall's,refreshment's etc.

What clubs have photo finish equipment?
Was there a problem with refreshments yesterday? Very Happy
I do believe that Mr Pearson asked for help on VR and this is an East Midlands forum.
Will Scarlet
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Scunthorpe Poly did an excellent job of promoting the Div's. The event was well marshalled and the refreshments were great. The cakes were among the best I've tasted!
Martin Booth
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: East Mids Divs Reply with quote

If anyones reading this,I finished alongside Luke Allen.I believe, in 15th, place.Which is were my wife got me placed too.Can I thank everyone involved in yesterdays promotion.Just one quiery though,why was it only 75miles?
David Perry
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
David Perry wrote:
KJ wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:

I do believe that Mr Pearson asked for help on VR and this is an East Midlands forum.

I never said there was a problem and if you read previous bits you would have seen i said how good a job they did yesterday.
Also our club as a facility to do photo finish and if you had read the piece by ray stuart he has even told you where to buy it.
I am just simply making sudggestions to make it easier for future championships and make the East Midland's the best division: Question
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Perry wrote:
KJ wrote:
David Perry wrote:
KJ wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:

I never said there was a problem and if you read previous bits you would have seen i said how good a job they did yesterday.
Also our club as a facility to do photo finish and if you had read the piece by ray stuart he has even told you where to buy it.
I am just simply making sudggestions to make it easier for future championships and make the East Midland's the best division: Question

I used Very Happy The 'was there a problem' was to point up the truly amazing job the ladies did baking all the cakes and flapjacks and making fresh sandwiches and hot drinks for riders, marshalls and even some spectators who were out training and dropped by including I think John Tanner Very Happy If your club had photo finish equipment..was it offered to Mr P? It's not knowledge that's a lot of use after the race is over Smile
Swainy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:

Think I live nearer to Paul than Dave Rolling Eyes But I wont stand in his way Wink
@Andy_Swain
David Perry
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
David Perry wrote:
KJ wrote:
David Perry wrote:
KJ wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:
ray stuart wrote:

I used Very Happy The 'was there a problem' was to point up the truly amazing job the ladies did baking all the cakes and flapjacks and making fresh sandwiches and hot drinks for riders, marshalls and even some spectators who were out training and dropped by including I think John Tanner Very Happy If your club had photo finish equipment..was it offered to Mr P? It's not knowledge that's a lot of use after the race is over Smile

I could not tell you if it was offered.
Same as i could not tell you if committe member's from all the clubs talk each other.
It might be like football all hush hush which then it does not help.
We need to rally round together, and let each club know what they have to offer to help.
David Perry
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Swainy"]
ray stuart wrote:

Think I live nearer to Paul than Dave Rolling Eyes But I wont stand in his way Wink[/quote
Has Paul not moved house now Question
I think he live's out toward's the Bushby area
elaina

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Perry wrote:
Same as i could not tell you if committe member's from all the clubs talk each other.
We need to rally round together, and let each club know what they have to offer to help.

See you at the next East Mids meeting then Very Happy
David Perry
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elaina wrote:
David Perry wrote:

If i knew when it was you never know Laughing
David Perry problem solver Question Idea Surprised
Martin Booth
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: East Mids Divs Reply with quote

Dave,Hi,just like to make a point on that.In the "OLD" days that used to happen,everyone knew each other,and because we had a very comprehensive competition program in a smaller area,Division officials,Club officials and race organisers would meet almost weekly.This made it very easy to run the Division.As Chairman of the old East Mids division,I was one of many people both inside and outside the area who fought to keep the Divisions a managable size.I have seen nothing since to change my mind.
Windy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Perry wrote:
elaina wrote:
David Perry wrote:

And why you are at it bring back the Notts and Derby evening league.
David Perry
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: East Mids Divs Reply with quote

Martin Booth wrote:
Dave,Hi,just like to make a point on that.In the "OLD" days that used to happen,everyone knew each other,and because we had a very comprehensive competition program in a smaller area,Division officials,Club officials and race organisers would meet almost weekly.This made it very easy to run the Division.As Chairman of the old East Mids division,I was one of many people both inside and outside the area who fought to keep the Divisions a managable size.I have seen nothing since to change my mind.

Hi Martin
As you know i was of the scene for a while, but that is how i thought it used to be and i just assumed it still was.
I have a lot of catching up to do.
Thinking back now i can remember you being the Chaiman.
Do we not have a Chairperson now then Question
David Perry
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy wrote:
David Perry wrote:
elaina wrote:
David Perry wrote:

And why you are at it bring back the Notts and Derby evening league.

The good old day's Laughing
AnthonyPearson
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: The pictures tell you the story Reply with quote

http://www.caistor-grammar.lincs.sch.uk/rr/results.html

Pictures down to 25th. I have more but need to get a life. The main fifteen are accurate now. If you have a problem then win the race next year, we always judge the winner correct.

Thanks for all the help on the day. Sometimes riders seen to forget many people don't make standing in the rain a hobby. It was good to see a number of the riders thanking the officials after the event. Lets see you all support the track meetings scheduled at Scunthorpe track this year.

Mr P
Scoody man

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a nice day in the service car, it even has a heater that works
Steve P
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did mick perrin split in two Question
Steve P
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18th I think was a cherry valley rider
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: