Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - How long will Tony Bell last off the fags...................

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

How long will Tony Bell last off the fags...................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yes he'll manage
No fall at the the first corner shop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
He'll do it but be cranky as hell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the, erm, supportive messages Very Happy
What's that saying, 'Don't give up giving up'? That's me. Smile
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess that I am having my first cigarette since giving up. I am confident it is purely a social smoke as I didn't need one, I just fancied one. I am not orgasmic while smoking, it is pleasant, but I KNOW I will not have anymore tomorrow 'just for the sake of it'. I was having a drink and just fancied one. If I can do that then I will be more than happy. Very Happy
kylie
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:
I have to confess that I am having my first cigarette since giving up. I am confident it is purely a social smoke as I didn't need one, I just fancied one. I am not orgasmic while smoking, it is pleasant, but I KNOW I will not have anymore tomorrow 'just for the sake of it'. I was having a drink and just fancied one. If I can do that then I will be more than happy. Very Happy

Hmmm..... you will find yourself having lots of sociable fags that you don't need if you believe that BB. Don't do it

http://www.lupusuk.com/
qcscmh
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Fritz
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:

Well give up the 'drinking' as well. Remove the temptation.
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz wrote:
Bike Babe wrote:

I drink at weekends so I think an odd ciggy with my drink at these times only would be fine. TB has had a ciggy since my last one and I didn't feel I had to 'join in'. Very Happy
Fritz
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:
Fritz wrote:

I drink at weekends so I think an odd ciggy with my drink at these times only would be fine. TB has had a ciggy since my last one and I didn't feel I had to 'join in'. Very Happy

In the end, I suppose it depends on how much you want to give it up. Don't forget every time you smoke again you are inhaling the addictive ingredients as well.
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz wrote:
Bike Babe wrote:
Fritz wrote:

In the end, I suppose it depends on how much you want to give it up. Don't forget every time you smoke again you are inhaling the addictive ingredients as well.

Yeah, maybe spliff would be better. Very Happy Wink
special guest star
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rothers wrote:
BB and TB... (sounds like a saturday morning kids show!)

I gave up in 2002 after a dire afternoon watching Everton and Notlob in a yawnsome 0-0 encounter, i threw the half full pack on the deck and walked away...

The trick i found is that you have to really want to give up, and be prepared to take yourself away from social situations where you might be inclinded to smoke ( at least for two months ), then take some arrogant pride when your smoking friends offer you one and give them the i'm not smoking retort!.. They will really hate you for giving up.....

If it all fails... build your confidence up and give it another go when you are mentally ready...

If not its a case of " My will is strong, But my Won't is weak"

Best of luck!

that's the key I reckon - you have to treat it like your almost ill and convalescing - disappear for a bit and keep calm

tactless control set!

Last edited by special guest star on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

special guest star wrote:
rothers wrote:

I gave up in 2002 after a dire afternoon watching Everton and Notlob in a yawnsome 0-0 encounter, i threw the half full pack on the deck and walked away...

The trick i found is that you have to really want to give up, and be prepared to take yourself away from social situations where you might be inclinded to smoke ( at least for two months ), then take some arrogant pride when your smoking friends offer you one and give them the i'm not smoking retort!.. They will really hate you for giving up.....

If it all fails... build your confidence up and give it another go when you are mentally ready...

Best of luck!

that's the key I reckon - you have to treat it like your almost ill and convalescing - disappear for a bit and keep calm

if you dont think how you'll feel when you do have to with half your lung missing and breathing with a tank Shocked Crying or Very sad

Thank you for that sgs.
special guest star
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:
special guest star wrote:
rothers wrote:

Best of luck!

if you dont think how you'll feel when you do have to with half your lung missing and breathing with a tank Shocked Crying or Very sad

Thank you for that sgs.

yeah sorry that was a bit tactless - but the are you hooked ads and the poison ones seem to be overwhelming
Harem30
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a person who has tried smoking 3 times in her life and was EXTREMELY sick after each one I applaud BB & TB for giving up the evil weed.

I am living at the moment with 2 people who are doing exactly the same as you, it's like living in a war zone waiting for the nuclear bomb to go up, I think I should be wearing a flak jacket and tin hat or even better a full radiation suit. I'm going to be very supportive to both of them, its a strain on me walking on egg shells but conversely think of the money they will save.

Now Mr. Bell,, I know primarily its getting fit for the Nocturne, but if you are really serious you should get yourself sponsored and do it for charity, a nice little extra incentive, and by the time September comes there should be a nice little windfall for them.
Emeritus
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:

Most people can wait until after the orgasm for a ciggy. You must be in a bad way Shocked
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:
Bike Babe wrote:
I was back on 'em again when I tried 'just with a drink'; if you can do it, the very best to you.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
Bike Babe wrote:
Bike Babe wrote:
I was back on 'em again when I tried 'just with a drink'; if you can do it, the very best to you.

I enjoyed the ones I had while drinking last night. I haven't had a ciggie all day today and haven't wanted one either, what's more, I'm not wearing a patch either. Shocked
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many did you smoke with your drink BB? Confused
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
So how many did you smoke with your drink BB? Confused

I smoked 3.
Chris L' Evêque
E, Gold

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris L' Evêque
E, Gold

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiters never win and winners never quit
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is it going this week?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: