Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Frank Vandenbroucke!

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Frank Vandenbroucke!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Frank Vandenbroucke ever win another race?
No
68%
 68%  [ 35 ]
Yes
31%
 31%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 51

Flabio Chubbolinni
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Frank Vandenbroucke! Reply with quote

Franks new book "I am not god" or is that "I am no good" is about to hit the shops. It was probably ghost written by his dog and has already caused controversy as the publishers promotional brochure atributed the comment "EPO? everybody did it. Me too!"

I hope they publish it in english as it would be a great read.

Dean Tranter
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe he's still going. What a waste.
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Frank Vandenbroucke! Reply with quote

Flabio Chubbolinni wrote:
Franks new book "I am not god" .

'I am not dog', surely?
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised Frank is still with us - fragile is an appropriate word...
Emyr42
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will win another race, the question is, will it be a chipper, or a proper race?
Dastardly
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just reran the vid of the Verona 99 worlds when oscar surprised them all in the final 500m. Frank was perfectly placed to go with him but didnt. wow he must regret that as perhaps he would have gone on to fulfil his true potential?
May I present to you, the greatest breakthrough in travel since Sir Rodney Tricycle thought to himself, 'I'm bored of walking, i think i'll invent something with three wheels and a bell, and name it after myself.'
:The time machine.
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dastardly wrote:
just reran the vid of the Verona 99 worlds when oscar surprised them all in the final 500m. Frank was perfectly placed to go with him but didnt. wow he must regret that as perhaps he would have gone on to fulfil his true potential?

Amazing what you can do with the right preparation.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Dastardly wrote:

Who freire?
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Dastardly wrote:

Who freire?

VDB!

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Peter Tete
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how VDB can admit to taking d-r-u-g-s whilst still competing and not get the same treatment as Millar?
Adam
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Tete wrote:
Can someone tell me how VDB can admit to taking d-r-u-g-s whilst still competing and not get the same treatment as Millar?

Treatment from the public? He's not British.

Treatment from the sporting authorities, they should do something!

http://twitter.com/adamtranter
Richard
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dastardly wrote:

did he not crash in the early part of the race and later was revealed to have ridden the rest of the race with either one or both wrists fractured/broken?
Peter Tete
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Tete wrote:

Looks like the lawyers are clearing things up Rolling Eyes :

cyclingnews.com wrote:

VDB publisher denies EPO-admitting quote
It appears that the quote released yesterday in Belgian media, according to which Frank Vandenbroucke admitted to have used performance-enhancing substance EPO during his career, was a wrongly attributed.

The quote "EPO? Everyone did it. Me too." came from a marketing brochure of VDB's new autobiography, "I am not God", due to go on sale in Belgium on February 5. The Acqua & Sapone rider's publisher, Borgerhoff&Lamberigts issued a statement on Sunday evening saying that the quote did "not belong to Frank Vandenbroucke," and that "all of this was based on a misunderstanding."

Belgium's enfant terrible VDB has made headlines with regards to doping use in the past, especially when he claimed that the *CENSORED* seized in his home on February 27, 2002, (EPO, morphine and clenbuterol) were intended for his dog. The Belgian's both psychological and physical instability has led to his latest team *CENSORED*-Colnago sacking him last year, before VDB found new backers in Italy.

Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Lee wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Dastardly wrote:

Who freire?

VDB!

Sorry, silly me. Embarassed Embarassed
hunterbark
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Tete wrote:

cyclingnews.com wrote:

Belgium's enfant terrible VDB has made headlines with regards to doping use in the past, especially when he claimed that the *CENSORED* seized in his home on February 27, 2002, (EPO, morphine and clenbuterol) were intended for his dog. The Belgian's both psychological and physical instability has led to his latest team *CENSORED*-Colnago sacking him last year, before VDB found new backers in Italy.

If his dog was on all that gear he must have had to take it for a walk using his bike just to keep up with the speeding canine.
j-p
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
Dastardly wrote:

did he not crash in the early part of the race and later was revealed to have ridden the rest of the race with either one or both wrists fractured/broken?

this from CN archive:
VDB broke (a wrist)
According to Belgian Teletext, the Verona hospital has determined that Frank Vandenbroucke rode 150 km of the World's road race yesterday with a broken bone in his Wrist/underarm. No more details yet, but his season will be over.
This will make fellow Belgian Andrei Tchmil's job of winning the world cup next weekend a little easier. Now he only has Dutchman Michael Boogerd, who finished 14th in yesterdays race, to contend with. Boogerd was nearly there at the death, but cramped when the final attack came and finished a minute down as part of a 5-man chasing group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: