Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - OLDEN DAY SWEETS

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

OLDEN DAY SWEETS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CRY FREEDOM FOR TONY BELL
free tony bell today
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
keep tony bell locked up
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
hung jury
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

TranmereRover
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisd wrote:
TranmereRover wrote:
PNuT wrote:
tony has be warned more than once,banned & had numerous posts removed for the last year+

at some point a line has to be drawn_________

Oh get over yourself! You're a forum moderator on a small web site, not the head of MI6!! Evil or Very Mad
or so you think!

<<gulp>>

I'd just like to say thanks for everything...and goodbye! Shocked
chrisd
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TranmereRover wrote:
chrisd wrote:
TranmereRover wrote:
PNuT wrote:
tony has be warned more than once,banned & had numerous posts removed for the last year+

Oh get over yourself! You're a forum moderator on a small web site, not the head of MI6!! Evil or Very Mad
or so you think!

<<gulp>>

I'd just like to say thanks for everything...and goodbye! Shocked
don't worry. mi6 couldn't find a turd in sewer

http://www.alternativesanctuary.co.uk
Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence forth, TB's access rights have been fully re-instated, without prejudice (even though he is a scouser of sorts), he is a free man once again, liberated to roam the wild ramblings of an ex cycling journo, or summat Confused
kylie
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary K wrote:
Hence forth, TB's access rights have been fully re-instated, without prejudice (even though he is a scouser of sorts), he is a free man once again, liberated to roam the wild ramblings of an ex cycling journo, or summat Confused

wahey!

http://www.lupusuk.com/
SteveO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary K wrote:

Hurrah!!

(Right, how long before he's up before before the VR beak again Laughing )
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this true? Tony Bell a free man... I won't believe it until I see him on You Tube holding todays copy of the Sun. Smile
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
Fitzy
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
Is this true? Tony Bell a free man... I won't believe it until I see him on You Tube holding todays copy of the Sun. Smile

Truly Righteous.
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzy wrote:
JONNO wrote:

Truly Righteous.

Sorry with his new job and all, I should have said 'Stoke Sentinel' Laughing
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
xixang
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Hans Datdodishes wrote:
Richard Kennedy wrote:
neil7536 wrote:
oh dear i seem to have started something here, just free the man, freedom of speech and all that. Very Happy

Do you fancy explaining your freedom of speech argument to the judge who imposed the court order banning TB and TD from arguing on internet forums?
Or do you fancy paying admin's (Simon's) court costs if TD decided to bring a charge against veloriders for knowingly allowing TB to break said court order?
No? thought not.
I like Tony (most of the time, could live without the soap opera commentary Wink Laughing ) and think VR is the poorer for his abscence. But if he can't stop arguing with TD then what is admin to do? Sad

Well said Rik, and PNuT for that matter.

What a load of swollocks. VR didn't 'allow' them to have an argument on here. It's no different to if TB and TD were to bump into each other in a pub and have the same argument. Would the pub landlord be pulled up by the man in the wig? Course not.

No offence to admin, but get a grip.

VR does have a duty of care over what is published on the site - our club website got into trouble a few years back when someone unknown (didn't have IP logging etc) posted defamatory comments about an individual from another club. BC and local division got involved with threats of sanctions against the club for allowing the comments, even through we removed them as soon as we were aware and never discovered the posters ID. We (the club) feel they were posted by an outsider to deliberately provoke a reaction from said individual. What action BC could have actually taken against us is debatable, but we didn't wait to find out. Passwords were issued to all club members to avoid a repeat.

There is a distinct difference between someone commenting on an individual in a pub and a 3rd party (VR) allowing comments to remain "published". VR mods did the right thing to remove comments, as for banning Tony....
John McC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Brush wrote:
Best thing would be to get rid of this VR Saloon for feck sake...

All that would do is transfer the drivel to the Road forum.
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xixang wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Hans Datdodishes wrote:
Richard Kennedy wrote:
neil7536 wrote:
oh dear i seem to have started something here, just free the man, freedom of speech and all that. Very Happy

Do you fancy explaining your freedom of speech argument to the judge who imposed the court order banning TB and TD from arguing on internet forums?
Or do you fancy paying admin's (Simon's) court costs if TD decided to bring a charge against veloriders for knowingly allowing TB to break said court order?
No? thought not.
I like Tony (most of the time, could live without the soap opera commentary Wink Laughing ) and think VR is the poorer for his abscence. But if he can't stop arguing with TD then what is admin to do? Sad

Well said Rik, and PNuT for that matter.

What a load of swollocks. VR didn't 'allow' them to have an argument on here. It's no different to if TB and TD were to bump into each other in a pub and have the same argument. Would the pub landlord be pulled up by the man in the wig? Course not.

No offence to admin, but get a grip.

VR does have a duty of care over what is published on the site - our club website got into trouble a few years back when someone unknown (didn't have IP logging etc) posted defamatory comments about an individual from another club. BC and local division got involved with threats of sanctions against the club for allowing the comments, even through we removed them as soon as we were aware and never discovered the posters ID. We (the club) feel they were posted by an outsider to deliberately provoke a reaction from said individual. What action BC could have actually taken against us is debatable, but we didn't wait to find out. Passwords were issued to all club members to avoid a repeat.

There is a distinct difference between someone commenting on an individual in a pub and a 3rd party (VR) allowing comments to remain "published". VR mods did the right thing to remove comments, as for banning Tony....

The forum, via the moderators, took all reasonable steps to remove the 'published' arguments. However, there isn't a distinct difference to be honest, as if someone make defamatory remarks about someone whether in print or verbally this can still be am offence.

BC might have huffed and puffed in your case but the reality is that the reasonable test is the one the would prevail.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
PNuT wrote:
Joursans wrote:
I can understand the Mods getting a bit jumpy but ultimately any comeback for the breach of the order should lie with the individuals not the forum.

A short term ban should show good faith with the Judge Nutmegs of this world but surely we can have TB back in the family soon ???

We've all posted stuff in the dark hours we perhaps shouldn't have Embarassed

I LUURVE your huge photo in Weight weenies introduce yourself gallery, you must post some more on here sometime so we can all admire them. BTW I would far rather read Tony's posts, occasionally controversial or not. At least they are interesting. Sorry about that.

i seem to be missing your point?

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TranmereRover wrote:
PNuT wrote:

blimey, well spotted

JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See post above. Very Happy
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
See post above. Very Happy

i still dont get what a picture of me on weightweenies has to do with anything?

JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry about mentioning your photo. I had no idea you were so sensitive about it. As Tranmere was pointing out in a far better way than I obviously did, the majority of Posters on VR take it quite light heartedly. The message is if you take yourself too seriously don't post on VR because they will see straight through you. And it seems to me you take yourself very seriously indeed. Please don't take this the wrong way however as VR needs all the posters it can get at the moment, what with all the suspensions and bans and what not going off all around us. Once again sorry for any misunderstanding, hope that's cleared it up. Embarassed
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
I'm sorry about mentioning your photo. I had no idea you were so sensitive about it. As Tranmere was pointing out in a far better way than I obviously did, the majority of Posters on VR take it quite light heartedly. The message is if you take yourself too seriously don't post on VR because they will see straight through you. And it seems to me you take yourself very seriously indeed. Please don't take this the wrong way however as VR needs all the posters it can get at the moment, what with all the suspensions and bans and what not going off all around us. Once again sorry for any misunderstanding, hope that's cleared it up. Embarassed

Look how many posters there are, then consider how many post regular and then how many have been banned or suspended? You make it sound like this forum is a graveyard. Confused

In fairness pNut in my opinion is nowhere near as funny a poster as he once was but does it really matter?
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right... its all making some sence now, someone asks why tony has been banned, i tell them & it makes me too serious to post on veloriders...

im not one little bit sensitive about the picture on weightweenies, infact i have no real idea which picture you are talking about....

how many people are actually banned or suspended?

John McC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
how many people are actually banned or suspended?

I can only think of two who were banned, that rising clown and Coggy. Maybe a few more have been suspended (Emma was for a while), but I think it is stil quite rare.

Lee wrote:
In fairness pNut in my opinion is nowhere near as funny a poster as he once was but does it really matter?

No, but I miss the old clown.

Last edited by John McC on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lee"]
JONNO wrote:

the old days were far better......

if i posted like i used too my back would be full of knives Shocked

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: