Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - do you care about londoners being swizzed out of a circuit?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

do you care about londoners being swizzed out of a circuit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eastway & Olympic legacy shenanigans, do you care?
yes
33%
 33%  [ 30 ]
no
15%
 15%  [ 14 ]
i would be more sympathetic if it wasn't being rammed down my throat everyday.
51%
 51%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 90

Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexc wrote:
I carer about this nearly as little as I care about:
legro's shed,
how far tommo and steve p lasted on the previous sunday without getting blasted,
kj's holiday location,
what are the best wheels for a rider of Xkg thats cost Y punds to buy and are used in a,,b and C races,
anything Tony Bell has ever done or is going to do (namely watch corrie and whinge about politics)
why bc is best/ worse or neither (apparently its unexpected that different people have different views on this, go figure)
how fast a certain course is at a certain time of day,
who is this pic of
which mp3 player is best,
lets just have pics of fit chicks, dirty chicks, proper racing stuff , dirty jokes and usefull technical (cycling and non cycling) advice, not no mark sh14 kickers whittering on about absolutely nothing.

Sorry, I was forgetting myself

I'm a qualified coach.
Will Scarlet
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

East & West Mids are reasonably well served for road circuits with Darley Moor, Mallory and Curborough all within easy reach of the main conurbations plus Shrewsbury in the West and Yarborough is the East. What is needed is more people to promote races especially at Darley and Curborough.

I have a lot of sympathy for the Londoners. London traffic is as bad off peak as most cities rush hour, so God knows what it's like during rush hour in London. You just can't jump in your car and drive to Hillingdon or Dunton, like we do to Mallory.
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexc wrote:
I carer about this nearly as little as I care about:
legro's shed,
how far tommo and steve p lasted on the previous sunday without getting blasted,
kj's holiday location,
what are the best wheels for a rider of Xkg thats cost Y punds to buy and are used in a,,b and C races,
anything Tony Bell has ever done or is going to do (namely watch corrie and whinge about politics)
why bc is best/ worse or neither (apparently its unexpected that different people have different views on this, go figure)
how fast a certain course is at a certain time of day,
who is this pic of
which mp3 player is best,
lets just have pics of fit chicks, dirty chicks, proper racing stuff , dirty jokes and usefull technical (cycling and non cycling) advice, not no mark sh14 kickers whittering on about absolutely nothing.

Your last ten words seem to have implicated you,hans up
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
Hans Datdodishes wrote:
Des wrote:
It was the only one in inner London accessable by bike to locals and people in most of the metropolitan area. Hillingdon is already at full capacity. Betteshanger, quicker to get to Mallory, mercedes Circuit - new this year and 5 events only, Crystal Palace not overly accessable and not available when it rains due to H & S. MoD Chertsey Not accesable from the East - ltd usage. Eelmore Hampshire...

Although I could go on I 'm sure you get the point Jim. When I lived in the black country it was feasable for me to drive over to Mallory on a Tuesday evening and get back at a reasonable time, something that is impossible to do in the SE

Will not the temporary facilities by definition be more accessible for other people who couldn't have reached Eastway, ie all those people who live off the EUGs parochial radar in the satellite towns round the M25?

Timothy, I have been talking about the Legacy plans for Eastway, not the interim provision, which I do appreciate must by necessity involve some compromise.

Whos this Tithomy,we must be tooled
Pete Mooney
E, Silver

Location: Hanging on to Dudley Busser Halfway between Hell and back!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as a Midlander I care about the loss. I rode at the first meeting and there have not been many years when I have not raced there since. On a Sunday morning it is only just over 1 1/4 hours drive from Rugby. Good luck with the campaign.
Mr Switcher
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bloody loved Eastway.
harry g flatters
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i don't recall any londoners rushing to help us here in dorset when barnsfield heath (a WAY better circuit than eastway) got canned, nor as repeated applications to build a cycle track were turned down by bournemouth council.
Des

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you inform or ask us? Was a user group set up to campaign for it?
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
Hans Datdodishes wrote:
Des wrote:
It was the only one in inner London accessable by bike to locals and people in most of the metropolitan area. Hillingdon is already at full capacity. Betteshanger, quicker to get to Mallory, mercedes Circuit - new this year and 5 events only, Crystal Palace not overly accessable and not available when it rains due to H & S. MoD Chertsey Not accesable from the East - ltd usage. Eelmore Hampshire...

Although I could go on I 'm sure you get the point Jim. When I lived in the black country it was feasable for me to drive over to Mallory on a Tuesday evening and get back at a reasonable time, something that is impossible to do in the SE

Will not the temporary facilities by definition be more accessible for other people who couldn't have reached Eastway, ie all those people who live off the EUGs parochial radar in the satellite towns round the M25?

Timothy, I have been talking about the Legacy plans for Eastway, not the interim provision, which I do appreciate must by necessity involve some compromise.

shhhh Des, don't use the c word..... Laughing Laughing Wink

I will be honest Des, I feel sorry for you and all the others effectted by the loss of your facilites but most of my sympathry isn't because of that, It's becuse a few individuals are doing your cause absolutely no good whatsoever. They are rude, abusive, direspectful, at best twist facts, at worst lie and that's their plus points!!!! If I was involved in the EUG, I'd really be questionong the wisdom of mich of what is postted. It is pretty impressive that the actions of a few appear to have lost you so much support for the campaign rather than the cause.
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, I was going to be on holiday for a few weeks in the area and had planned to ride the races there when the circuit races were cancelled. I was pretty upset to see it not in use.
Any circuit loss matters.
Really isn't a case of we don't care. But, if the info was publicised with who to write to, you would have had some support here in London.

It really puzzles when other cyclists don't support a campaign to re-instate facilities to cyclesport in their entirety.......
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
actually, I was going to be on holiday for a few weeks in the area and had planned to ride the races there when the circuit races were cancelled. I was pretty upset to see it not in use.
Any circuit loss matters.
Really isn't a case of we don't care. But, if the info was publicised with who to write to, you would have had some support here in London.

It really puzzles when other cyclists don't support a campaign to re-instate facilities to cyclesport in their entirety.......
see the above post Rolling Eyes
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which post are you refering to?
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one which says you lot are a load of boring sods and everyone on here wishes you would f**k off.
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have missed that one.
Is that a hint of a tantrum?
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
Must have missed that one.
Is that a hint of a tantrum?
nope. just fact. why do you lot have to come across as such smug southern twunts? you really do yourselves no favours.
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calling people ..unts and telling them to fxxk off a forum........ hmmm, how are you coming across now?
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
calling people ..unts and telling them to fxxk off a forum........ hmmm, how are you coming across now?
better than you. if you want support from other cyclists then think about maybe how your organisation is perceived when people like you and the others on here are arrogant, rude, misinformed, smug, self-righteous, etc, etc......

i initially had sympathy, now apathy.
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by your own description I am finding it quite difficult to work out who exactly you are talking about, you doing a confessional?

apathy - I would say that that word is a bit muted for what you seem to be describing, think the word you may have been looking for is antipathy.
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
by your own description I am finding it quite difficult to work out who exactly you are talking about, you doing a confessional?

apathy - I would say that that word is a bit muted for what you seem to be describing, think the word you may have been looking for is antipathy.
whatever emotion i am describing is it caused by you and your ilk. not really doing yourself any favours are you. especially when you look at the poll.
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosschops wrote:
the one which says you lot are a load of boring sods and everyone on here wishes you would f**k off.

shud ave put dat as opchin in poll,as an avid poll mole dis 1 is a lower class ov a one,iv u red ur own poll you wudnt say dose rude tings as its obvus dat peeps do care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: