Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Prestige Melbourne RR

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Prestige Melbourne RR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Prestige Melbourne RR Reply with quote

Pic's from the Prestige VC Melbourne Road Race on Sunday 7th September have been loaded to the Gallery courtesy of Eddie White.
The race was on the Melbourne circuit, 6 laps - 100km. 32 Riders took part 28 finished.
Finish race positions on the Result forum.
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger ... im glad your nose isnt that big in real life Very Happy

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
EddieW
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Sorry the picks are a bit boring but I was unfortunatly confined to the start line for the duration of the race, someone had to change the lap board every lap. If you take the picks in sequence they should show you where you finished, Think I only missed Phil Wilkins in 4th place he sprinted to fast to get on the shot. A big thank you for everyone who came along and helped at such short notice . and to the riders who put on a very good race on a hard circuit.
2 licences left behind they are being posted on to you.
Eddie W Very Happy Very Happy
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Eddie! - so what do you think of life as an organiser? Wink any positive ideas for wouldbe's??
EddieW
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wilkes wrote:
Well done Eddie! - so what do you think of life as an o Sad rganiser? Wink any positive ideas for wouldbe's??

Sad Sad Not very positive at the moment Dave , If I do another though it will be for the men, I would need a lot of convincing before I tried to help the ladies again, ( The 5 ladies that started though were brill) maybe there should be a new thread started on this subject , at the moment I think the ladies only road races in the UK are generally unsupported and crap . Whoops
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll start one Razz - see 'Ladies, what do you want' topic
Andy V
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave
Cannot find your topic-'Ladies what do you want'?

But its does need some serouis attention now for next season.

Take a look at the crit champs 21 riders,more UK women riders started a Belgian Kermese this season in April this year!.

The final round of the Bruton series-14 starters.

The tq stage race-to who do entries go,stage details,seems strange that details are on a Aussie site but not a UK site!!.

When on the last womens trip to Belgium 2 different team managers approached me for the UK womens racing calendar I was shocked and asked why the needed the information-because with Nicole & Vicky doing so well and the WCPP Womens team also riding so well we are now seen in Belgium & Holland as a country that is producing world class female riders!.The Belgians wanted to come to the UK and improve!!.

Food for thought,Ladies speak up let us know what you want and how you want it?
Andy V
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops-Dave's topic has appeared!

Post replys under this please Ladies.
Andy V
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's topic has gone again?

Strange things are happening!
EddieW
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy V wrote:
Dave's topic has gone again?

Strange things are happening!

I cant find it either Andy,
Why not put the Belgians in the picture, in your own admission we do not have a viable ladies road race programe unless you count a dozen riders trundeling around in a national race, I would like to know where these world class lady riders you speak of are hiding and dont quote me the obvious three or four, who have been there for a while now and are world class. but apart from the national champs which they need to come back for, you wont see them in the UK
Andy V
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was why I was so shocked to be asked the question,as you say apart from the obvious names the standard drops right down,and the way things are going shall get wider unless something is sorted out with the homebased riders and a structered programme.

I believe there is a 'womens commision'-are they looking into this?

We have some women with lots of potential if guided and placed in the right races with trips abroad.I have found this year with trips abroad riders have improved and are now gaining placings regulary & gaining confidence.

The team series an great idea has become a series of negative races,partly due to the points scoring system which does not lead to attacking races with the leading teams happy to get as many riders over the line in the bunch so as to pick up max points.I believe this is under review for next season,which should see some more agressive racing.

Over to you ladies,enough of Eddie,Dave & Myself,what do you think,speak up now so things can be arranged for next season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: