Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Comic

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Comic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which back-issue compendium would you rather read:
Tony Bell/Jean Jourdain's column
84%
 84%  [ 56 ]
Keith "Beardy Wierdy" Bingham's column
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Bike reviews by donkeys from expensive locations
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 66

Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Apparently, you can't say P*ss Head on VR... Confused
Stuart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no but you can look like one in the back of a widely distributed weekly cycling magazine... Wink Laughing
ChrisB
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
maybe you should add a victoria pendleton section chris Wink

But of course, seeing as the Comic studiously ignores women's racing, such a compendium would be rather thin.

I could add there wouldn't be enough pages to get stuck together, but I'm above such lewd comments Cool
topskull
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Comic is crap Reply with quote

The UK's top and only 5 day stage race was a crap report and did not even mention stage one winner and first yellow jersey!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more pictures of nicole spread-eagled like on page 4 this week. top shelf stuff.
Johnny Reggae
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
no but you can look like one in the back of a widely distributed weekly cycling magazine... Wink Laughing

Oooh.....miaow, slash. If you go to Newport don't stand too close to the barriers Schtuart. How's it gonna look on your tombstone if you get bifurcated by a pedalling pikey? Laughing Laughing
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Reggae wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Oooh.....miaow, slash. If you go to Newport don't stand too close to the barriers Schtuart. How's it gonna look on your tombstone if you get bifurcated by a pedalling pikey? Laughing Laughing

Crying or Very sad Stuart is quite safe. This particular pedalling Pikey will be going that slow, he could stand in front of me like that French cop with Jalabert and he would escape unscathed. Wink
Richard
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like this Monsieur Jourdain fella. He obviously couldn't give a t*ss what anyone says about him either here or in the comic (see this week's letters) and is good for a laugh. He brings in some much needed Nothern bias to the London-centric staff who run the mag and also mentions VR in his column: Top Work Fella!
As for the comment "I've never heard so much abuse", how about this:

How on earth is a fat chublet, smoking pikey from Scouseland supposed to pedal a bike around the Newport area without
(a) getting distracted by the many pubs on the route and
(b) getting his shellsuit caught in the chainwheel Twisted Evil

I saw Monsieur Jourdain at Hutchinson's record attempt and have to say that he looked EXACTLY the same as he does in his current photo: same outfit and everything. Does this man only have one change of clothes or was is to allow everyone there to recognise him?

Character assination over, I'm off to watch TV.
steve c
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Hodge wrote:
I quite like this Monsieur Jourdain fella. He obviously couldn't give a t*ss what anyone says about him either here or in the comic (see this week's letters) and is good for a laugh. He brings in some much needed Nothern bias to the London-centric staff who run the mag and also mentions VR in his column: Top Work Fella!

How on earth is a fat chublet, smoking pikey from Scouseland supposed to pedal a bike around the Newport area without

I saw Monsieur Jourdain at Hutchinson's record attempt and have to say that he looked EXACTLY the same as he does in his current photo: same outfit and everything. Does this man only have one change of clothes or was is to allow everyone there to recognise him?

Arrow http://www.thedividingcell.co.uk/ Shocked Wink .
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm jean jourdain ???? not much of a hedgehog eaters name is it ?
shouldn't it be gascoigne or smith or o'flaherty or something?

Putting the dross back in Clay Cross (RT)
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suppose this says it all reallyhttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey

Putting the dross back in Clay Cross (RT)
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Hodge wrote:

Of course I've only got one change of clothes, I'm a fekkin Pikey aren't I?
But I have to take issue with you over the Scouseland thing: As they sing at Tranmere Rovers: ;Don't be confused, don't be misled, we're not Scousers, we're from Birkenhead...'
And I've had much worse insults than 'Self Cofessed P*ss Head. Laughed so much I nearly dropped me Hedgehog flavour Pot Noodle Wink
steve c
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughed so much I nearly dropped me Hedgehog flavour Pot Noodle Wink[/quote]

ooh your sick you ahrrr! Confused .
Coggy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birkenheaders sound a lot like Scousers, do they behave the same ? Do you see lots of Birkenheaders walking along carrying tellys, video recorders and car radios ?
Stuart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that my opinion of tonibell has increased since he came on here and started posting. We should have his off the back post put on here every week then we wouldn't have to pay for CW! Laughing Wink
bonger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
I must admit that my opinion of tonibell has increased since he came on here and started posting. We should have his off the back post put on here every week then we wouldn't have to pay for CW! Laughing Wink
I agree there, but i read this weeks column from him and couldn't finish it, defo shouldn't have had that curry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
Stuart wrote:
I agree there, but i read this weeks column from him and couldn't finish it, defo shouldn't have had that curry.

Shocked There is somebody masquerading as Bonger on VR. There must be, because he said he read me column. OKay, so he never finished it, but it's a start Bong. Another year or so and you might get there Wink
And Malcolm Cog - yes, the accent is more or less the same as Liverpool, but in Birkenhead they don't steal your hub caps, they just borrow them. Oh, and our Shell suits are a lot more stylish Rolling Eyes
NS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mold isnt in Bikenhead. Its in Deepest North Wales, its where they banish scousers to when they have been really bad.
qcscmh
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:

bongewr would be afraid to logon then in case he saw it Laughing Laughing

Cycling Bargains Dealfinder @ https://cycling-bargains.co.uk?utm_source=VeloridersSignature
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BargainsCycling
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/cyclebargains

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS wrote:
Mold isnt in Bikenhead. Its in Deepest North Wales, its where they banish scousers to when they have been really bad.

Rolling Eyes Correct, NS. Mold is where I work - for the 'Local Paper For Local People' - but it's true, there are loads of people living here who've moved from Merseyside. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: