Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Lonely Hearts Club

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Lonely Hearts Club
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you bored by all the silly and inane "flirting" on these threads?
Yes, it's so repetitive
72%
 72%  [ 21 ]
No, I love it
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 29

Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Lonely Hearts Club Reply with quote

Okay, it seems to be a moot point so let's have a poll to decide...

I vote yes, i am bored by it. Of course someone will say "so don't read them then"
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the flirting was actually amusing/interesting then all well & good... but...

call me sweet before i go to bed XX etc

pure trash.....

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see bonger has voted Laughing

bonger.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Robotham wrote:
Time for a general waffel forum I think and leave the Road, Track etc for Road, Track etc specific points, comments, news, queries and questions and the like.
It only takes a bit of common sense on the part of the poster, some topics are clearly open to haveing a laugh on, and some arn't. Some are after a few days and so on. It's only the lack of mature judgement from some people that has eliveted the "waffle" to it's current level. There used to be one or 2 threads that had some banter on, and all the rest were fairly seriouse. Now people seem to be starting threads that are just junk from the start, and if you look you'll see none of them are started by me.
So why doesn't everyone just use some judgement and give a seriouse thread a few days to actually help the person that might have posted it before jumping in with rubbish. And maybe look at the forum and judge how many of the current topics are just totally unhelpfull but maybe fun, if there's more than maybe 2, don't just go bowling in anyway with your own rubbish thread. It's quite simple if everyone just uses their common sense.
Drew
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest keeping bikebabe and ousting the *CENSORED* heartbreaker, did I say *CENSORED*? I meant real sorry. Bikebabe has something interesting to say at least.
bonger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Robotham wrote:
PNuT wrote:

Everybody is entitled to his opinion Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I have no idea who you are, but my guess is aged about 50, married and bored.
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger... he owns manchester track, drives a ferrari 550 marinelo & has a bint @ every track... he is also getting paid while he post messages which is a bonus...

bonger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Robotham wrote:
bonger wrote:
Richard Robotham wrote:
PNuT wrote:

Everybody is entitled to his opinion Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I have no idea who you are, but my guess is aged about 50, married and bored.

I don't actually care who you are either, but no, no and erm no, to your three thoughts.
I am hurt, i didn't say i didn't care who you are.
bonger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
bonger... he owns manchester track, drives a ferrari 550 marinelo & has a bint @ every track... he is also getting paid while he post messages which is a bonus...
No, track racing isn't my bag baby, but the rest isn't far wrong.
bonger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bicycle girl is online again Very Happy
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Lonely Hearts Club Reply with quote

Drew wrote:
I suggest keeping bikebabe and ousting the *CENSORED* heartbreaker, did I say *CENSORED*? I meant real sorry. Bikebabe has something interesting to say at least.

Smile Thank you Drew!
I would like to point out that PNut started a thread called 'Should there be...' to try to find a way of identifying the 'fun' threads so serious users can avoid them. We all like a bit of fun but I agree that serious threads are getting spoilt. However, if you look at the recent thread started by Real Heartbreaker 'Top 10 male Veloriders', the number of views and replies top any other in the forum, I think that clearly speaks for itself.
I also see that some users are selective in their opinions, almost hypocritical really, one minute they're joining in with the banter and the next, they're complaining !!
Everyone likes a laugh and these threads CAN be fun, so I suggest, as in the original PNut thread, that the moderators come up with a new flag to identify the 'fun' ones and perhaps limit the number of these threads so there aren't too many on at the same time.
That is my opinion anyway!!! Smile
Learning_Slowly
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont post that much on here but read alot of the threads, and i guess it depends on what you are after as to whether you like waffle stuff. When i have posted its often been to ask for advice, and quite often very little useful information comes out of it because people start taking the pi** out of other people, which can be a bit annoying, but otherwise i dont think it really matters, its not life or death.
PNuTs WiFe
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lonely Hearts Club Reply with quote

Bike Babe wrote:
Drew wrote:

Smile Thank you Drew!
I would like to point out that PNut started a thread called 'Should there be...' to try to find a way of identifying the 'fun' threads so serious users can avoid them. We all like a bit of fun but I agree that serious threads are getting spoilt. However, if you look at the recent thread started by Real Heartbreaker 'Top 10 male Veloriders', the number of views and replies top any other in the forum, I think that clearly speaks for itself.
I also see that some users are selective in their opinions, almost hypocritical really, one minute they're joining in with the banter and the next, they're complaining !!
Everyone likes a laugh and these threads CAN be fun, so I suggest, as in the original PNut thread, that the moderators come up with a new flag to identify the 'fun' ones and perhaps limit the number of these threads so there aren't too many on at the same time.

Ive got my eye on you young lady!
Cheryl
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lonely Hearts Club Reply with quote

PNuTs WiFe wrote:
Bike Babe wrote:
Drew wrote:

Smile Thank you Drew!

Ive got my eye on you young lady!

Shocked Well take it off me and put it back in! This is supposed to be a serious thread Mrs PNut! Rolling Eyes Wink
PNuT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the battle won or have the real heart raker & bongerdotcom gone out on a date ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: