Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - How will nicole cooke screw up the Olympic TT this time?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

How will nicole cooke screw up the Olympic TT this time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How will nicole cooke screw up the Olympic TT?
Only win it by 1 minute
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Get bored half way round and stop for a celebratory glass of champers
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Get her Olympic gold medal caught in her wheels
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Clubber
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: How will nicole cooke screw up the Olympic TT this time? Reply with quote

Seriously, how will Nicole top such an awful Olympics so far and mess up the TT? Laughing

(Just for the numpties, this is VERY tounge-in-cheek and aimed at the naysayers...)
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather G says she'll either be fired up or distracted by her achievement and the media attention. My guess is the former.

I'd love to see her medal again Very Happy and after all there are more than a couple of rather old ladies in the line up Wink

Last edited by KJ on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Des

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see her podium, but the TT has not been her strongest event in the past so I'm going for Emma to lead the GB girls home.
Clubber
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, a medal would be nice though she's not really been a top level TTer since her junior days. At a push I do think a bronze could be possible - it's a harder TT course than most which should favour her more than usual I reckon. Fingers crossed.
SteveT
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame Sharon can't ride the TT too.

She did a '53' two up 25 with Jess Allen earlier in the summer on our Club 25 on the R25/7 so can obviously TT a bit as well as climb.

Emma's got the measure of the course so could be considering two medals here but not sure which colour! Laughing
Legs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a betting man but 21/2 odds on Emma on Betfair seems pretty good to me...
Stuart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in how well Nicole does at the Worlds RR TBH.
Dave Griffiths
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know their relative abilities but would suggest that Nicole will be in an amazing frame of mind and, on the lines of Carlos Sastre, ride above her normal TT form. Others will be under enormous pressure.
I hope that Nicole can pull off a great double.
Wozza
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Griffiths wrote:
I really don't know their relative abilities but would suggest that Nicole will be in an amazing frame of mind and, on the lines of Carlos Sastre, ride above her normal TT form. Others will be under enormous pressure.

Would be pretty special huh Wink Smile .
Stuart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozza wrote:
Dave Griffiths wrote:

What is a 'special huh', Woz?
Wozza
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
Wozza wrote:
Dave Griffiths wrote:

I dunno mate but its special Wink Laughing
Stuart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozza wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Wozza wrote:
Dave Griffiths wrote:

I dunno mate but its special Wink Laughing

huh? Shocked
dockeca
Div 2 Pro

Location: halfway up the South Downs - or halfway down the South Ups!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of things. If Emma Pooley is well recovered from the efforts of the road race, she may just produce a really top class ride and possibly a podium finish. Nicole Cooke must have confidence going through the roof and believe that the TT may be possible, and as Senor Sastre showed, belief can make a huge difference in the ability to push harder than ever before.
And, sorry to mention it, but the comment about Sharon Laws, although valid, refers to a British type TT, which looking at the proper road course for Wednesday, has no bearing on likely performance. Sadly this illusion about British TT performances equating to world class TT performance on more interesting courses has been shown to be wrong over many years, although I have to admire the lady's fight in getting up and doing a superb job in the RR after falling twice.
In a way, it's a wonderful thing that GB have right now, an embarrassment of riches. Given the quality of riders coming through in addition to the current group, the future looks pretty darn good.

No doubt some BC knocker will think otherwise, but then who can please all the people all the time....!

"Any views expressed are entirely my own and not representative of any organisation of which I may or may not be a member. Unless I say otherwise."
"A Libertarian Crackpot" H.Peel
Iain Bonsall
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she ''screwed up'' the RR I'd love to see what she can do when things work out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: