Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Base layers

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Base layers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Tips & How To
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadCow wrote:
Roy Gardiner wrote:
MadCow wrote:
I've done this on mega-club runs before (where I arrive at the fcafe a perspiring mess). Lack of public conveniences at the cafe meant I stripped down to me sports top in the cafe (and put on a dry base layer). A couple of the older fellas from the club looked like they were going to have heart attacks Laughing Embarassed
Hmm, not a flattering story; unless the young fellahs had actually had heart attacks and were lying dead? Very Happy
I cannot lie Roy. Only the old fellas with good eyesight even noticed Embarassed
Aaaaah. But I'm sure the simple enjoyment you provided to them - trust me on this one - more than made up for it.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Steve P
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
Base layers designed to work dry or wet aren't they? It's not the layer that keeps you warm it's the trapped air between skin and layer.

a BASE LAYER layer is designed to wick sweat away from the body to the next layer, it has no theremal properties the fact that it takes the sweat away is why you feel warmer.

Now if you were them loose/baggy like some people do you cant expect it to work as sweat cant jump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Tips & How To All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: