Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Drivers.

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Drivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Tips & How To
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Drivers. Reply with quote

Avoid getting prosecuted for using your phone while driving. Simply pop your mobile inside a large shell and the police will think you are listening to the sea.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHEN visiting a motorway service station for a cup of tea and a slice of cake, make sure you arrange your bank loan or second mortga ge before you get to the tills, saving time and embarrassment.
Badger
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Viz still going?
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger wrote:
Is Viz still going?

Yep Cool
16mm
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parents: Save money on a babysitter by going to a restaurant down the street, and popping back every hour or so to check the kids are OK.
martin smith
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16mm wrote:
Parents: Save money on a babysitter by going to a restaurant down the street, and popping back every hour or so to check the kids are OK.

Laughing
DNAse
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16mm wrote:

Sent in by Mr And Mrs McCann
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady drivers: Draw a little diagram on a Post-it showing the position of the hand brake and gear stick, and stick it to your dashboard. This will save you having to look for them when the lights go green.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady drivers: When nipping out to the shops, remember to carry a stiff broom in the boot of your car. Use it to sweep the broken glass to the side of the road every time you have a minor accident.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men. When listening to the stereo, turn it to the volume you desire, then down 3 notches. This saves your wife having to do it 2 minutes later.
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexist pigs

I'm a qualified coach.
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Men. When listening to the stereo, turn it to the volume you desire, then down 3 notches. This saves your wife having to do it 2 minutes later.

I will confess to having got hold of the wrong knob on the dashboard when turning the A/C up, and winding Faithless up to 11.

Instead of the heating up to 30.

Thankfully i only got a shock, rather than a punch (no wife in the car)

(It was dark, new car, what more can i say, oh, i didn't turn it down that much either Laughing )
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:

You just don't know how true that is.

Back to the driving..

Ladies: If you drive with both hands on the wheel, you're dying to tune a meat whistle. A man for instance only puts both hands on the wheel to honk at slow drivers and then cut them up. The rest of the time he needs the hand to change a radio station, hold his beer, ring his mates, or Evil or Very Mad his girlfriend in the passenger seat. Very Happy
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
Davey C wrote:

You just don't know how true that is.

Back to the driving..

Ladies: If you drive with both hands on the wheel, you're dying to tune a meat whistle. A man for instance only puts both hands on the wheel to honk at slow drivers and then cut them up. The rest of the time he needs the hand to change a radio station, hold his beer, ring his mates, or Evil or Very Mad his girlfriend in the passenger seat. Very Happy

Re: the stereo. Having spent the last two weeks driving around with girlfriend in the passenger seat, I have had a glimpse into the terrifying future my tip predicts, believe me. Shocked

Edit - I should also add, when she's driving, anything more complicated than driving in a straight line and the radio goes off. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Tips & How To All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: