Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - What would you do?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

What would you do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: What would you do? Reply with quote

Ok 'hypothetical' scenario here...

You've just ridden a 25 2-Up TT, and thanks to your son being a junior you've walked away with the junior proze of £20. The actually top (and only other junior) finisher came 3rd and thus won the 3rd place prize. However you realise you are a vet and could have gotten the vets prize (which is worth £10 more) instead.

Do you:

a) rush home and immediately ring the (exhausted) organiser to point this out - and demand your £10?

b) say oh well, we had a good day out and won some money, what's £10 in the scheme of things? And if we had claimed, then somebody else wouldn't have had the prize and the junior money would have gone to waste.

c) give up TTs because they are pointless inthe first place
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to tw@ someone, I can tell, smart as fresh paint, me.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) . £10 buys a couple of houses in Wales

I'm a qualified coach.
Des

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One rider one prize.

But surely as in most other team TTs the age related prizes are for either complete teams of juniors or vets, or combined ages not exceeding the max, min ages for the catagories i.e in this case a max of 36 years combined for the juniors or a min of 80 for the vets. At least this gets you off the hook. Laughing
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
One rider one prize.

But surely as in most other team TTs the age related prizes are for either complete teams of juniors or vets, or combined ages not exceeding the max, min ages for the catagories i.e in this case a max of 36 years combined for the juniors or a min of 80 for the vets. At least this gets you off the hook. Laughing

There is no hook. Just tell Mr Tester to FOYC

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Des

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Des wrote:
One rider one prize.

There is no hook. Just tell Mr Tester to FOYC

You could do this, but I prefer to say in light of what I wrote above, that he was wrongly awarded the prize in the first place and could he return it Wink
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about how sad I am for even thinking about the different rules regarding whether I had won the J prize the V prize or any prize, then forget about it.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson wrote:
Think about how sad I am for even thinking about the different rules regarding whether I had won the J prize the V prize or any prize, then forget about it.

Thank you. That's what I thought.
Rob of the Og
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be blaming the muppets that passed down the junior's prize and created the problem in the first place.

Oh, wait... when you try to do someone a bluddy favour eh?
Terry Tibbs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you do? Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:

You've just ridden a 25 2-Up TT, and thanks to your son being a junior you've walked away with the junior proze of £20. The actually top (and only other junior) finisher came 3rd and thus won the 3rd place prize. However you realise you are a vet and could have gotten the vets prize (which is worth £10 more) instead.

Do you:

a) rush home and immediately ring the (exhausted) organiser to point this out - and demand your £10?

b) say oh well, we had a good day out and won some money, what's £10 in the scheme of things? And if we had claimed, then somebody else wouldn't have had the prize and the junior money would have gone to waste.

Refuse his next entry
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob of the Og wrote:
I'd be blaming the muppets that passed down the junior's prize and created the problem in the first place.

Nope - you won 3rd place fair and square!! Laughing

Anyway - this was a hypothetical situation Laughing Wink
John McC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you do? Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:

Do you:

To win a junior prize in a TTT all members of the team must be juniors. Same goes for Vets.
Rob of the Og
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Rob of the Og wrote:

As we were held up by a lorry driver turning in the road and then lost second place by only 4secs, we are planning on suing the lorry firm for the £10 loss of earnings that we suffered. I'm sure I will find a suitable legal type to represent our case. As our bikes cost only £4k between them, you can see that we can barely get by without that tenner. Also a post-race verbal contract was entered into that the prize would be spent on a shared bar round in Majorca, a verbal contract clearly renaged on by my partner as we obviously didn't visit the bar once in our whole trip. As far as I can remember.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob of the Og wrote:
Davey C wrote:
Rob of the Og wrote:

As we were held up by a lorry driver turning in the road and then lost second place by only 4secs, we are planning on suing the lorry firm for the £10 loss of earnings that we suffered. I'm sure I will find a suitable legal type to represent our case. As our bikes cost only £4k between them, you can see that we can barely get by without that tenner. Also a post-race verbal contract was entered into that the prize would be spent on a shared bar round in Majorca, a verbal contract clearly renaged on by my partner as we obviously didn't visit the bar once in our whole trip. As far as I can remember.

Quite, sounds like you've got a good case. It's the principle apart from anything else.
Des

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Rob of the Og wrote:
Davey C wrote:
Rob of the Og wrote:

Quite, sounds like you've got a good case. It's the principle apart from anything else.

Surely the lorry driver could counter sue for the trauma of seeing Rob in lycra Shocked
Terry Tibbs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Andrew Jackson wrote:

Presumably you know this "tard" so slap a few pairs of wheels in your passenger seat then follow them to their next race. Arrange for suitable "fan club" bunting for your motor then follow each of them during their TT and occasionally pass them at a marginally higher speed.

Appropriate action will then be taken by a CTT Kangaroo court.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - he has been on VR weight watchers don'tchaknow. (Although quite why is a mystery to me!)
Rob of the Og
E, Gold

I've reliased that I've just be tricked into admitting publicly to have a ridden a timetrial and even taking it quite seriously. That was bluddy entrapment DC.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

Terry Tibbs wrote:
Davey C wrote:
Andrew Jackson wrote:

Presumably you know this "tard" so slap a few pairs of wheels in your passenger seat then follow them to their next race. Arrange for suitable "fan club" bunting for your motor then follow each of them during their TT and occasionally pass them at a marginally higher speed.

Appropriate action will then be taken by a CTT Kangaroo court.

Best suggestion yet..! Laughing
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob of the Og wrote:
I've reliased that I've just be tricked into admitting publicly to have a ridden a timetrial and even taking it quite seriously. That was bluddy entrapment DC.

Could be worse. I organised one! Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: