Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Reliability Rides

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Reliability Rides
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reliability Rides Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me when Beestons & Longeatons reliability rides are.

Thanks

PIEMAN Very Happy
MercMan
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been told Long Eaton's is always the first Sunday in Feb so should be the 1st, but could be the 8th I suppose. Last year Beeston's was the week after.

Anyone know when the Mercia CC one is?
Craig Taylor
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Beeston RC will be having one like they didnt last year.
MercMan
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think Beeston RC will be having one like they didnt last year.

Fair enough, but there was a group ride from the Beeston area on the day when it used to be run wasn't there? I remember Animal posting about how hard it was Exclamation
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fair enough, but there was a group ride from the Beeston area on the day when it used to be run wasn't there? I remember Animal posting about how hard it was

There might have been but it was not organised by the Beeston RC. I seem to remember that they decided not to hold one.
carol
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be NO reliability ride organised by Beeston RC this year.
Thats official!!

Smile
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so wheres the UN official ride starting from??? Question
legro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carol wrote:
There will be NO reliability ride organised by Beeston RC this year.
Thats official!!

Smile

Can you run that by me again Shocked
carol
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Beeston Reliability Ride this year. Maybe theres one in Colchester??? or thereabouts????

Very Happy
legro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There probably is a relaibilty in or near Colchester.
The difference here though is we know what a reliability is, not like you Northerners who treat it like a race and try to gain points blowing everyone off their wheel.
For those that don't know, reliability means just that, you choose a distance and a time to match that distance and try to test how "reliable" you are in getting to the end by that time. If people understood these requirements there would be less cancelations I reckon because of the nonsence that occurs today. Wink
(you wouldn't keep up with me anyway) Laughing
Roger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday Feb 1st.

Long Eaton Paragon CC meet at the post office Tamworth Road, Long Eaton at 9.30am, for 100km rides in either 4,4.5 or 5 hours. Course is thro Ashbourne, Newhaven, Derby and back to LE.

Details from Maurice Buxton on 0115 9734593.

Due to the weather conditions of late if you are intending to ride, I would suggest you contact Maurice before hand to make sure the Reliability ride is still on
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reliably informed the un-official Beeston Reliability Ride leaves Wilford Bridge at 9.30am, Sunday 7th Feb.

PIEMAN
carol
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Legro pointed out 'Can you run that by me again' Well, here it is ...................

[b]There is no Beeston Reliability Ride.[/b]

There is however, a Beeston RC Website which has just been set up, with forthcoming events on.

Smile
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the un-official Beeston Reliability Ride Carol, i.e not organized by Beeston Road Club, but meeting at the same place Exclamation Exclamation Shocked Very Happy
Craig Taylor
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pieman wrote:
Thats the un-official Beeston Reliability Ride Carol, i.e not organized by Beeston Road Club, Exclamation Exclamation Shocked Very Happy

So whats it got to do with Beeston Question
mark plowright
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Beeston reliability Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Laughing sorry have not posted a reply Simon , my computer keeps locking out , tryed to put messages on but i think it talk me too long to type them out. due to insurrance claims and finding some one to be there at start and finish Beeston R.C will not be contributing to a reliability . so we all will still meet up as usuaul at WIFORD TOLL BRIDGE if you call it that near nottingham embankment , at first group off at 9.30. pass the word round anybody interested. so the only thing to connect with Beeston is i am a member and ill have there tea urn at the end . ill time you all of and be there at the finish with a cup of tea , will try and post the route later .. cheers Mark P loeright . Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, see you there Cool
Roger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark
Welcome to VeloRiders. Laughing

Just a tip for staying logged on when you are on VR. Razz

When you have input your username and password, click the box after the ' Log me on Automatically each visit' then login.

Hope this helps. Rolling Eyes
mark plowright
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Vale of Bevoir reliabilty ride the "OLD" Beeston R.C route 8 th February 2004 , first group to leave at wilford toll bridge , near roundabout , on cycle track near trent embankment . nottingham. at 9.30 am . proceed through wilford , straight across at traffic lights to Ruddington. going through Ruddington turn into Kirk Lane to traffic lights at A60 junction , turn right onto A60. or alternatively most groups go through wilford , straight across lights towards Ruddington straight after slight rise at end of long straight and passed the industrial estate on the left TURN LEFT to grdually climb to roundabout turn left through housing estate up to traffic lights . turn right to Nottingham Knight island then straight across to Ruddington on the A60 to come to traffic lights where we were with Kirk Lane now on your right , continue straight on the A60 and proceed through Bradmore , Bunny and Costock to Rempstone ( 9 miles ) . TURN LEFT at x traffic lights on to A6006 through Wymeswold then FORK LEFT ( 12 miles ) past Willoughby on the Wolds and proceed to Upper Broughton ( 17 miles) . TURN RIGHT onto A606 through NETHER BROUGHTON to climb AB KETTLEBY HILL . TURN LEFT at top of hill ( 20 miles ) following "all " sighns for BELVOIR CASTLE .. keep rght at castle car park to decend to WOOLSTHORPE ( 31 miles ) . STRIAGHT ACROSS at crossroads up hill to DENTON through village to crossroads at A607 ( 34 miles ) STRAIGHT ACROSS sighnposted HUNGERTON and climb !!! to T junction TURN RiGHT and proceed to join A607 near CROXTON KERRIAL continue through WALTHAM ON THE WOLDS to MELTON MOWBRAY ( 46 miles ) . follow NOTTINGHAM sighns to A606 . CONTINUE ALONG A606 through AB KETTLEBY, UPPER BROUGHTON , STANTON ON THE WOLDS and TOLLERTON to big island i think its called WINGS OR LINGS BAR island .(61 miles ) . TURN LEFT sighnposted RUDDINGTON and at traffic lights STRIAGHT ACROSS into KIRK LANE to T juction in RUDDINGTON ( 63 miles ) TURN RIGHT should know where you are now and proceed straight back towards WILFORD . STRAIGHT across x traffic lights through WILFORD and you should of made it back to WILFORD BRIDGE for a cup of tea and cake and to sign "off" and get a time . ( 67 MILES ) route designed by Sid Standard when we needed a course change ten years ago . laws of the road apply !!. no halve wheeling !!! mostly quite and excellent route. depending on how you are feelng. !! full finishing order to be posted on velo riders if you want me to. so please come back to WILFORD BRIDGE. cheers. Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Shocked
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Big thanks to Mark for turning up and supporting us on a brilliant reliability ride.
Top marks must go to Nigel and Llewey for an outstanding ride in extremely windy conditions.

Finishing times

Nigel White (Animal), 3 hours 23 minutes,
Llewey Byrne 3 hours 24 minutes,
Simon Martin 3 hours 40 minutes, (Short Route)
Rob Hinchcliffe 3 hours 47 minutes,
Peter Harris 4 hours 40 minutes.

So what happened to the others? Rich Roulstone, Mark Stanley, Paul Mcvaghan, Neil Walker and Dave Mclean. (Which cafe Rolo)

Apparently Nigel managed to get home, shower, have a roast dinner, cup of tea and put a post up on VeloRiders by 2.44pm, some boy!

Ride of the day must go to Pete Harris, after puncturing about a mile from the start he rode the whole course by himself, that’s what I call reliable, well done Pete.

Cheers

PIEMAN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: