Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Duo Normand

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Duo Normand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrjs
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastway82 wrote:
mrjs wrote:

What sort of time are you aiming for, any ideas?

Let's put it this way, I'm making sure the lights are fully charged... Embarassed

We did it in 1:45 last year. approx 20 minutes off the podium...
Can't see we'll be any quicker this year, since we've logged about 100km of training since June.

So last years winning mixed team, covered 33.66 miles in, 1.23.35, an average of 24.23mph, so I'm guessing that anything in or around that time could be a good performance??

I'm thinking that we could be aiming for a 1.27/1.28 ride, or is that too optomistic? (23.10 mph?)

JS
mrjs
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - we're already having 'discussions' regarding what to wear!!!! When I say 'discussions' I mean rucking about what to wear!!

Are there any guidelines as to what you cant wear, we're both BC PM's, bt our kit has some past team sponsors (business, cycle products importer, and bike manufacturer) would we be ok wearing this?

JS
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can wear what you like - they're certainly not going to kick up for having a few sponsors' logos on your shirts! You should see our French club jerseys – absolutely covered in logos.

As for times, anything under 1:25 would be very good going I would have thought - good for the podium any time in the past five years. Good enough to win the class in 2004! Under 1:30 is good going - top ten most years.
I'd be very happy if we could break 1:40 but it's not going to happen. Well, not unless Carole suddenly learns not to brake going down the hills!
George Minion
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrjs wrote:
eastway82 wrote:
mrjs wrote:

What sort of time are you aiming for, any ideas?

Let's put it this way, I'm making sure the lights are fully charged... Embarassed

Can't see we'll be any quicker this year, since we've logged about 100km of training since June.

So last years winning mixed team, covered 33.66 miles in, 1.23.35, an average of 24.23mph, so I'm guessing that anything in or around that time could be a good performance??

I'm thinking that we could be aiming for a 1.27/1.28 ride, or is that too optomistic? (23.10 mph?)

JS

If you are aiming at that time we will see you in the bar afterwards Laughing
We to are aiming at getting under 1.40
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrjs wrote:
Quote:

I'm thinking that we could be aiming for a 1.27/1.28 ride

Jamie and Angela finished in 1:27:50, seventh in class.

George wrote:
Quote:
We to are aiming at getting under 1.40

He and Jill did 1:38:27, 20th in class.

Ali wrote:
Quote:

But seriously
errr.... I meant 1.13

Ali and Matt did a very respectable 1:13, which would have been enough to get second overall last year. Results weren't out when we left yesterday, but I reckon that's easily top ten, maybe top five – winning time was 1:08. I was pleased to note that they looked just as shattered as the rest of us at the end...!

I said:
Quote:
Can't see we'll be any quicker this year.

And we weren't... 30 seconds slower than last year in fact, but happy enough considering the lack of training.

The favourite, Bodrogi, crashed out and retired.
As did a guy from Oxford Tri - very nasty crash on a fast section, maybe touched wheels or something. When we went past he was being stretchered away in a full neck/body brace. Obvious jokes about triathletes apart, I hope it wasn't as bad as it looked. Any news on him Jamie?
mrjs
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI eastway, good to meet you (and Mrs eastway) yesterday, congratulations on your ride.

Having had the pleasure, (and it was a true pleasure) on Saturdy riding around the circuit with George and Jill, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the couple of days, I fear that I might be back next year, better prepared, I might even be on a TT bike rather than my standard road bike...

Anyway....I understand that Bob who crashed had a touch of wheels, he suffered a couple of broken ribs I understand, and an injury to his lower back - I believe he is ok - we had to leave at 5pm as we had a train to catch - I'll drop an update later when word comes across....

I must defend the Oxford Tri lot, those there yesterday (in the main) are NOT triathletes, (neither am I!) they all ride the road, both RR & TT's, I think that it was just an unfortunate touch of wheels, that happens occasionally! Let's be fair, it happens to the best of em, look at Bodrogi...!!

Well done to all the brits that took place, it was a pleasure to be part of the whole event.

George & Jill, thanks for the company Saturday, both Ali & I agreed that was the highlight of our weekend - speak soon, JS
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrjs wrote:

I must defend the Oxford Tri lot, those there yesterday (in the main) are NOT triathletes, (neither am I!) they all ride the road, both RR & TT's

Haha - hooked! Laughing Laughing

Glad to hear he's not too badly bashed up, and glad you enjoyed it - come back next year and stay a bit longer!
AliCarr
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a hoot, think we could have eeked a bit more time out if we'd known slightly more about what we were in for.

Saying that, only knowing which way the corners went 10 metres before them probably made us go into them faster than we might have. We had a good bike value for money time though, hoho

Nice to meet the guys I met, I'll see if I can make it back next year!
mrjs
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys (and girls)

Please excuse my ignorance – however!!

Do you get point for finishing in the top 10 of your respective ‘department’ competed in??

I know someone who won their ‘department’ last year and was thus awarded 10 BC points, might that be the case within the mixed??

JS
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrjs wrote:
Guys (and girls)

Please excuse my ignorance – however!!

Do you get point for finishing in the top 10 of your respective ‘department’ competed in??

I know someone who won their ‘department’ last year and was thus awarded 10 BC points, might that be the case within the mixed??

JS

I tried looking on the BC website, but lost the will to live after about two minutes...
George Minion
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrjs wrote:
HI eastway, good to meet you (and Mrs eastway) yesterday, congratulations on your ride.

Having had the pleasure, (and it was a true pleasure) on Saturdy riding around the circuit with George and Jill, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the couple of days, I fear that I might be back next year, better prepared, I might even be on a TT bike rather than my standard road bike...

Well done to all the brits that took place, it was a pleasure to be part of the whole event.

George & Jill, thanks for the company Saturday, both Ali & I agreed that was the highlight of our weekend - speak soon, JS

Yes it was another good weekend in Normandy.Meeting up with Eastwaya nd his family,Ali Carr and mrjs and Ali made it all worth the effort.See you all next September.Watchout Jamie riding the Duo is incurable,I may ride my TT bike next year to try and stop my slide down the result board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: