Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - 25 comp record

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

25 comp record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megman
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esafosfina wrote:
Do they have 'control' at these champs? Just curious... Wink
It wasn't a champs. Just a normal open TT. There are some controls at these type of events.
Zipppy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Doozer wrote:
was it on that downhill welsh course.... R25-summat?

Yes - 4.2 miles of downhill (some of it gently sloping). On the other side relatively traffic free so no inflated speed on the rest of the course though.

Good conditions yesterday so I'm surprised Hutch didn't beat the record given he was close the other week in far from ideal conditions.

Oh and yes Wiggo and Cancellara would probably do a 42 or 43.

A 42:45 would be an average speed of 35.34 mph, do you really think thats possible!?!
Badger
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zipppy wrote:
mho wrote:
Doozer wrote:

Yes - 4.2 miles of downhill (some of it gently sloping). On the other side relatively traffic free so no inflated speed on the rest of the course though.

Good conditions yesterday so I'm surprised Hutch didn't beat the record given he was close the other week in far from ideal conditions.

A 42:45 would be an average speed of 35.34 mph, do you really think thats possible!?!

well Wiggo is nearly as fast as Cancellara and he took two minutes out of Hutch at the BTTC (on a course that took over an hour), so that’s perhaps a minute and a half over 25 miles, so 46.00 – 1.30 = 44.30, Cance would be faster so long 43 maybe.
racyrich2
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger wrote:
Zipppy wrote:
mho wrote:
Doozer wrote:

well Wiggo is nearly as fast as Cancellara and he took two minutes out of Hutch at the BTTC (on a course that took over an hour), so that’s perhaps a minute and a half over 25 miles, so 46.00 – 1.30 = 44.30, Cance would be faster so long 43 maybe.

Don't you just wish if we hold the Worlds ever again we put the TT on a known dragstrip. Just to answer all those theories we've all harboured.
colinpeerman
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racyrich2 wrote:
Badger wrote:
Zipppy wrote:
mho wrote:
Doozer wrote:

Don't you just wish if we hold the Worlds ever again we put the TT on a known dragstrip. Just to answer all those theories we've all harboured.

can't see the UCI allowing a stream of coaches and trucks going past @ 85mph, inches from the rider .... Wink
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colinpeerman wrote:
racyrich2 wrote:
Badger wrote:
Zipppy wrote:
mho wrote:
Doozer wrote:

can't see the UCI allowing a stream of coaches and trucks going past @ 85mph, inches from the rider .... Wink

Will make no difference on the R25/3
Doozer
E, Gold

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that a float day on a downhill welsh course means that my PB probably won't get me into next seasons national 25... Evil or Very Mad
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doozer wrote:
All I know is that a float day on a downhill welsh course means that my PB probably won't get me into next seasons national 25... Evil or Very Mad

next years national is on a slow course so you may find you will be fine...

this years 25 wasnt even full....

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
esafosfina
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
esafosfina wrote:
Seriously tho'... both times are flying! Well done to all! Now we need to see someone beat 18.48 on a road bike! No discs, no tri-bars! Wink

out of interest was it actually a standard road bike or was it a TT bike without disc & tribars?

PNut... just my normal 753 roadie... took the cage off too!

"I don't want white burgundy... I need white burgundy"
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mccann-uncertain-of-his-form-despite-breaking-boardmans-record

Puts it all into perspective...

"My initial reaction wasn't good. I didn't feel too well that day and I was disappointed that my power output for the race was quite a bit short of my best. But when I heard that I had beaten Boardman's time, that was definitely a consolation to me."
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esafosfina wrote:
PNuT wrote:
esafosfina wrote:
Seriously tho'... both times are flying! Well done to all! Now we need to see someone beat 18.48 on a road bike! No discs, no tri-bars! Wink

out of interest was it actually a standard road bike or was it a TT bike without disc & tribars?

PNut... just my normal 753 roadie... took the cage off too!

That was on the Thanet way wasn't it?
Steve McGinty
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCann has just been caught for a minute half-way through the TT by Tom Zirbel.
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to revise that statement a 41 is possible by Fabian...
Rob of the Og
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
I'll have to revise that statement a 41 is possible by Fabian...

probably not a 41... remember that the quicker you go (for instance on a fast course like the 25/3) then the gaps are minimised for the same % power difference. Canc is also gaining plenty of time with his bike handling which wouldn't be much use at Glynneath. But of course he'd put the record on the shelf, probably a long 42 or short 43 I guess. He'd give a few drivers a bit of a shock when he came motoring past them through the roundabouts. Shocked
kingkongsfinger
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foo4 me, NERDS AHOY!!

Am i on the Aborwood TT forum ??? Embarassed
Pocket Rocket
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racyrich2 wrote:
Badger wrote:
Zipppy wrote:
mho wrote:
Doozer wrote:

Why? If you can have all the best riders in the world racing against each other on a challenging and technical course with everything in it to challenge the riders, like in Mendrisio, why would you ever put a world champs on a drag strip?
Does a 25m dragstrip time really give more of an indication of a riders ability than what was witnessed today?
John McC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racyrich2 wrote:
Hutch rode for NI in the Commonwealths. McCann could do the same.

He has ridden at every Commonwealth Games for NI since 1994, when I had the "pleasure" of riding on his wheel in the 100km TTT.
Dogma Dave
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
racyrich2 wrote:

He has ridden at every Commonwealth Games for NI since 1994, when I had the "pleasure" of riding on his wheel in the 100km TTT.

Welcome back Johnny Boy.
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
racyrich2 wrote:

Oh, have you ridden the Commonwealth Games?
I never realised, seems as you never mention it
Badger
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocket Rocket wrote:
racyrich2 wrote:
Badger wrote:
Zipppy wrote:
mho wrote:
Doozer wrote:

Why? If you can have all the best riders in the world racing against each other on a challenging and technical course with everything in it to challenge the riders, like in Mendrisio, why would you ever put a world champs on a drag strip?
Does a 25m dragstrip time really give more of an indication of a riders ability than what was witnessed today?

North Road Hardriders course will sort em out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: