Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Merthyr 25 on 9th June

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Merthyr 25 on 9th June
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pegasus
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Brilliant Reply with quote

This is quite possibly the best thing that has been on the tt part of the forum in a month of sundays,altho I am a tester(by and large)it pains me to say Tucker is coming out on top in a James Corden kinda way whilst mho and pnut are fighting over who gets to play Patrick Stewart
PNuT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
PNuT wrote:
looks like they cant be bothered... or agree Cool

Oh, I agree, but rules are rules.

i dont have to follow the rules.....

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
PNuT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Brilliant Reply with quote

pegasus wrote:
This is quite possibly the best thing that has been on the tt part of the forum in a month of sundays,altho I am a tester(by and large)it pains me to say Tucker is coming out on top in a James Corden kinda way whilst mho and pnut are fighting over who gets to play Patrick Stewart

i thought it was quite dull to be fair!

Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
Tucker wrote:
PNuT wrote:
looks like they cant be bothered... or agree Cool

Oh, I agree, but rules are rules.

i dont have to follow the rules.....

Is that because you are so awesome?
PNuT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:

Is that because you are so awesome?

nope

Robabank
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Hmmm, if your argument was that the course change would affect the PLACING of the competitor, then I could see that it had merit and was a valid comparison with a course change in a RR. As I dont think that's what youre saying, then I don't see it. The TT is already open to "elites", as it were, but if it was a longmarkers event and Hutch etc were allowed to ride then your comparison with 2nd cat/elite makes sense and I'd agree that the entrants should be angry.
I'm disagreeing that placing is the most important thing for a large proportion of TTers, particularly those nowhere near the top of the pile. A good time on the fastest of courses is no more daft than a good placing in a low category RR. Neither time nor placing gives a fully accurate indication of how one did on the day. I have won two open TTs in twenty years - on both occasions I expected to win on the basis of the startsheet. Both are events I have ridden in other years and not won, more down to who else rode than how well I performed. I have also won one of two middlemarker events I have ridden - the far higher strike rate being down to the restricted opposition.

Quote:
Of course, what it boils down to it that I think it's ridiculous that testers trawl the country for one "glorious" chance to ride a fast course on a float day and set a time that they will never be able to beat.
We had people travelling large distances to ride our RR, possibly down to our renowned event promotion but more likely down to it being a longish 2nd cat race with none of those pesky 1st cats to take the points and prizes. Do you think the larger contingent of 2nd/3rd cat riders at Mallory Park on Thursdays from next week onwards will be down to its improved geographical location, or the absence of of E/1s? That's just as much a DNS as not entering/riding a slower course.

Quote:
And I was merely taking the p!ss.
Of course, thats not to say that roadies don't do stupid things - sitting in all night in a Tuesday/Thursday night chipper, having a little sprint then going home without even a semblance of a workout makes no sense either..
Exactly. Which is why you got a little splashed in the process.

Quote:
Jokes about my maths skills are warranted - DO YOUR WORST

There are only three types of accountant.
Those that can't count . . . . .and those that can.
WORST enough?
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

http://www.rttc.org.uk/?&ge1246__geka=zDDQ-6ZV33MzjqeBwbmQrz_ANSkB_T7qN_S6WibhjZQz_o3nTnZ7uvtq6LX6A4Hs&ge1246__gevi=bkosVTEcmXX5ekdECVvBmA&gv484__gvac=2&gv484__gvff0=55166&gv484__gvfl0=0&language=en-GB&tabid=109

All local riders and look at the number of DNS's!!!! that is appalling, are people really that small minded?

Laughing

I don't see the problem - the organiser and this thread were intended to achieve that kind of result. If you want to get into the National Champs next year you will almost certainly need to ride this course once in the year if you live in the South/Mid England.

So these rider have saved money and get to pick another day what's the problem - they are being entirely logical.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

http://www.rttc.org.uk/?&ge1246__geka=zDDQ-6ZV33MzjqeBwbmQrz_ANSkB_T7qN_S6WibhjZQz_o3nTnZ7uvtq6LX6A4Hs&ge1246__gevi=bkosVTEcmXX5ekdECVvBmA&gv484__gvac=2&gv484__gvff0=55166&gv484__gvfl0=0&language=en-GB&tabid=109

All local riders and look at the number of DNS's!!!! that is appalling, are people really that small minded?

Laughing

If you want to get into the National Champs next year you will almost certainly need to ride this course once in the year if you live in the South/Mid England.

Laughing This says it all really. Beat Hutch on a very windy day on a dog slow course <= me on a float day on the Glynneath course, according to the criteria to enter the national champs
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

Laughing

If you want to get into the National Champs next year you will almost certainly need to ride this course once in the year if you live in the South/Mid England.

Laughing This says it all really. Beat Hutch on a very windy day on a dog slow course <= me on a float day on the Glynneath course, according to the criteria to enter the national champs

Seeing as they don't give points for TT's then fastest ride in L2S is the field selection method.

Besides you would only beat Hutch if he had a puncture whatever the course over 25 miles.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

Laughing

Seeing as they don't give points for TT's then fastest ride in L2S is the field selection method.

Besides you would only beat Hutch if he had a puncture whatever the course over 25 miles.

I didn't I would beat Hutch. I said that on a dog slow course on a windy day he (or someone who beat him) might do perhaps a 54, whereas I'm sure I could beat that on a float day on the Glynneath course (if I managed to stay awake)
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't. It's sooooooooooooo boring.
martin smith
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:

I've got one of those Frisbees. they're great.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:

I have finished a 25 once. The only thing that kept me going is that John Tuckett declared he was going to catch me for 4 minutes, and at the time we were both, ahem, "courting" the same wench.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Davey C wrote:

I have finished a 25 once. The only thing that kept me going is that John Tuckett declared he was going to catch me for 4 minutes, and at the time we were both, ahem, "courting" the same wench.

Ah I see. Settling who would get the hand of the maiden by challenging your adversary to a traditional trialing of time. I like it.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Tucker wrote:
Davey C wrote:

Ah I see. Settling who would get the hand of the maiden by challenging your adversary to a traditional trialing of time. I like it.

Alas, he caught me but I sh*gged the girl. I swooped in whilst he was taking his post-race tea.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Davey C wrote:
Tucker wrote:
Davey C wrote:

Alas, he caught me but I sh*gged the girl. I swooped in whilst he was taking his post-race tea.

You CAD!
alexc
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Tucker wrote:
Davey C wrote:
Tucker wrote:
Davey C wrote:

You CAD!

So
john tuckett,
didnt f@ckit.

Wink
alexc
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

Laughing

I don't see the problem - the organiser and this thread were intended to achieve that kind of result. If you want to get into the National Champs next year you will almost certainly need to ride this course once in the year if you live in the South/Mid England.

So these rider have saved money and get to pick another day what's the problem - they are being entirely logical.

I bet the tea and cake stall ladies loved the fact all the lazy bstards coudnt be Evil or Very Mad turning up. c0cks.
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexc wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

Laughing

I bet the tea and cake stall ladies loved the fact all the lazy bstards coudnt be Evil or Very Mad turning up. c0cks.

Try reading. As the organiser was actively talking to his customers he knew full well and could plan. Hopefully he will be rewarded next time, rather than saying nothing for short-term gain.
alexc
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

Laughing

Do you know FOR A FACT how many riders for the national this year used the cheat course for their qualifying time? or are you just making this *CENSORED* up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: