Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - 2010 National 25m TT Champs website

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

2010 National 25m TT Champs website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
Tucker wrote:
Robabank wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Point missed spectacularly. Marvellous stuff! Very Happy
Surely the point was that someone desperate to rubbish time trialling had to resort to falsehood and dishonest argument?
Not really - the point was excluding one of the best riders from a "National Championship" is stupid, regardless of who else does it or what hoops the rider has failed to jump through. Try to keep up.
I though the point was that you would rather riders break the rules to suit themselves rather than adhere to them like every onther rider has to? Rolling Eyes

Paul

Why not? He is rather exceptional. I'm sure we wouldn't mind Bradley Wiggins riding a Newport Track meeting even though I'm sure he hasn't passed the accreditation down there.
alexc
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
Tucker wrote:
Robabank wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Point missed spectacularly. Marvellous stuff! Very Happy
Surely the point was that someone desperate to rubbish time trialling had to resort to falsehood and dishonest argument?
Not really - the point was excluding one of the best riders from a "National Championship" is stupid, regardless of who else does it or what hoops the rider has failed to jump through. Try to keep up.
I though the point was that you would rather riders break the rules to suit themselves rather than adhere to them like every onther rider has to? Rolling Eyes

Paul

the problem is paul, that the rttc do not want a non tester winning the 25 championships, sod the rules, they need a drastic rethink or at least the provision for wild cards to enable the best time triallists to ride without a qualifying time, as I doubt wiggins, cummings, thomas or killer would have qualified for a ride either. rules are rules but you can possibly argue that they are not out of date.
the website looks very good btw.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexc - seems we were thinking alike.
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexc wrote:
the problem is paul, that the rttc do not want a non tester winning the 25 championships, sod the rules, they need a drastic rethink or at least the provision for wild cards to enable the best time triallists to ride without a qualifying time, as I doubt wiggins, cummings, thomas or killer would have qualified for a ride either. rules are rules but you can possibly argue that they are not out of date.
What are you on about? Alex is a tester through and through... He's got CTT in his blood... Wink
That goes for Wiggo too...
We have already said that Alex had plenty of time and opportunity to get a qualifying time - he entered at least 3 open CTT events that we know of last year - DNS 1 of them, DNF in another (a 30) and the other was a 10 IIRC. He also rode some club events.
Wiggo has also ridden CTT events within the last year - he does every year.

As I said previously though - if the rules allowed wildcards then there would not be an issue, but they don't so you can't change the rules just to suit one rider (especially when they haven't applied them to other events either). There is nothing wrong with the rules as they stand.

Paul
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
alexc wrote:
What are you on about? Alex is a tester through and through... He's got CTT in his blood... Wink
We have already said that Alex had plenty of time and opportunity to get a qualifying time - he entered at least 3 open CTT events that we know of last year - DNS 1 of them, DNF in another (a 30) and the other was a 10 IIRC. He also rode some club events.

As I said previously though - if the rules allowed wildcards then there would not be an issue, but they don't so you can't change the rules just to suit one rider (especially when they haven't applied them to other events either). There is nothing wrong with the rules as they stand.

Paul

In your opinion.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
alexc
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
alexc wrote:

Paul

yes but would any of them got into the national 25 this year, i believe thats the bone of contention.
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares. I rode a ten at the weekend by accident, if they want to ride time trials they are blooming welcome to them afaiac.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
Who cares. I rode a ten at the weekend by accident, if they want to ride time trials they are blooming welcome to them afaiac.
You don't ride a time trial or any race by accident. And if you found it hard, then you did it as intended.

Paul
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexc wrote:
yes but would any of them got into the national 25 this year, i believe thats the bone of contention.
Any? I only know of Alex, and you know about that. Not sure Wiggo has ridden a 25 since he was a junior tbh... so why would he start now? The only TT event in the UK he'll be likely interested in will be the BTTC.

Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Thomo wrote:
alexc wrote:

Paul

In your opinion.

And mine, and if the Clubs don't like them they can be easily changed at the next CTT National Council. The CTT is much more democratic than BC in this regard.
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Thomo wrote:
alexc wrote:

Paul

In your opinion.

And mine, and if the Clubs don't like them they can be easily changed at the next CTT National Council. The CTT is much more democratic than BC in this regard.

So you think that rules should always be followed full stop end of story?

John McC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read my initial post on this subject. My view is perfectly clear.
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
Just read my initial post on this subject. My view is perfectly clear.

Yeah, clearly unable to answer a question.

John McC

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you say so mush, but I actually have chosen not to, as there is little point, my view being very clear on this matter. Other rules in other circumstances is a totally seperate issue and not the subject of this thread regardless of any of your waffle. Rolling Eyes
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McC wrote:
If you say so mush, but I actually have chosen not to, as there is little point, my view being very clear on this matter. Other rules in other circumstances is a totally seperate issue and not the subject of this thread regardless of any of your waffle. Rolling Eyes

Ever considered a career in politics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: