Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Merthyr 25 on 9th June

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Merthyr 25 on 9th June
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that the testers' reputation of being utterly humourless about their discipline isn't entirely unwarranted.
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
I'm glad to see that the testers' reputation of being utterly humourless about their discipline isn't entirely unwarranted.

The sort of comment that sums Mr Tucker up. Loses the argument so resorts to sarcasm.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:

The sort of comment that sums Mr Tucker up. Loses the argument so resorts to sarcasm.

So, you think I was being entirely serious throughout? Sums mho up - doesn't really "get" anything.
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:

So, you think I was being entirely serious throughout? Sums mho up - doesn't really "get" anything.

I'm sorry I must have missed your intention to make a joke because just like I can't be Evil or Very Mad to spell properly you can't be bothered to make your intonation clear.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:

I'm sorry I must have missed your intention to make a joke because just like I can't be Evil or Very Mad to spell properly you can't be bothered to make your intonation clear.

I see. So when i asked if the rotation of the earth around the sun counted, no alarm bells went off? Not even a little one?
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
I see. So when i asked if the rotation of the earth around the sun counted, no alarm bells went off? Not even a little one?
?
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:

I ignored all that waffle - you lost the argument about road events changing being comparable with TT'ers being miffed to find an event changed and then decided to resort to insults.

Keep up.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:
mho wrote:
Tucker wrote:

I ignored all that waffle - you lost the argument about road events changing being comparable with TT'ers being miffed to find an event changed and then decided to resort to insults.

Keep up.

Lets assume that I agree that I lost the argument. Even a hippy could tell that, right from the off, I was being sarcastic. Then Robabank weighs in, DEFEATS me in logical debate, then right at the end you accuse me of resorting to sarcasm (when that's all I ever do) then try to BASK in the glory of another man's victory?

Congrats.
Robabank
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
If you had been quicker to address the substantive point (sarcasm is a fine tool but if you expose a hypocritical underbelly someone's going to have a swing at it) I could have focussed on your rubbish maths with some humour about there only being three types of accountant.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robabank wrote:
Tucker wrote:
If you had been quicker to address the substantive point (sarcasm is a fine tool but if you expose a hypocritical underbelly someone's going to have a swing at it) I could have focussed on your rubbish maths with some humour about there only being three types of accountant.

Hmmm, if your argument was that the course change would affect the PLACING of the competitor, then I could see that it had merit and was a valid comparison with a course change in a RR. As I dont think that's what youre saying, then I don't see it. The TT is already open to "elites", as it were, but if it was a longmarkers event and Hutch etc were allowed to ride then your comparison with 2nd cat/elite makes sense and I'd agree that the entrants should be angry.

Of course, what it boils down to it that I think it's ridiculous that testers trawl the country for one "glorious" chance to ride a fast course on a float day and set a time that they will never be able to beat. And I was merely taking the p!ss.

Of course, thats not to say that roadies don't do stupid things - sitting in all night in a Tuesday/Thursday night chipper, having a little sprint then going home without even a semblance of a workout makes no sense either.

Jokes about my maths skills are warranted - DO YOUR WORST
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho - aren't you bruised enough?!
PNuT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:

Of course, what it boils down to it that I think it's ridiculous that testers trawl the country for one "glorious" chance to ride a fast course on a float day and set a time that they will never be able to beat. And I was merely taking the p!ss.

even if i did the perfect ride on the perfect day on the perfect course i would still try & better it....

thats what its all about innit

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
Tucker wrote:

even if i did the perfect ride on the perfect day on the perfect course i would still try & better it....

No, not really. Why not just ride on yer turbo for an hour with a powertap?
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
PNuT wrote:

no tailwind, no descent, no "gift".

Or you could just run with no resistance.
PNuT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
PNuT wrote:
Tucker wrote:

because I want to do what i enjoy & not what some tw@ on the net thinks i should do.....

Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
Tucker wrote:
PNuT wrote:
Tucker wrote:

because I want to do what i enjoy & not what some tw@ on the net thinks i should do.....

Mods, can someone sort this out please?
PNuT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like they cant be bothered... or agree Cool

Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
looks like they cant be bothered... or agree Cool

Oh, I agree, but rules are rules.
alexc
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the one,

http://www.rttc.org.uk/?&ge1246__geka=zDDQ-6ZV33MzjqeBwbmQrz_ANSkB_T7qN_S6WibhjZQz_o3nTnZ7uvtq6LX6A4Hs&ge1246__gevi=bkosVTEcmXX5ekdECVvBmA&gv484__gvac=2&gv484__gvff0=55166&gv484__gvfl0=0&language=en-GB&tabid=109

All local riders and look at the number of DNS's!!!! that is appalling, are people really that small minded?
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexc wrote:
Is this the one,

http://www.rttc.org.uk/?&ge1246__geka=zDDQ-6ZV33MzjqeBwbmQrz_ANSkB_T7qN_S6WibhjZQz_o3nTnZ7uvtq6LX6A4Hs&ge1246__gevi=bkosVTEcmXX5ekdECVvBmA&gv484__gvac=2&gv484__gvff0=55166&gv484__gvfl0=0&language=en-GB&tabid=109

All local riders and look at the number of DNS's!!!! that is appalling, are people really that small minded?

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: