Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Dowsett - Lea Valley 25

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Dowsett - Lea Valley 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bally
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger wrote:

Dowsett is flying and could well get comp record this year. However I read his twitter post after he did the Criterium International tt and was beaten by 30 seconds over just 7km. He said that he was taught a lesson in time trialling that day Shocked .

Bear in mind though that he is still only 22 and had done 200km working for the team the day before. He said to us that he was really tired.
"real class" - George Gilbert"
benlane
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger wrote:
Hugo Koblet wrote:
Pic of him riding the 25 in last week's cycling weekly made me shudder - tearing round a bend on the wrong side of road, wrong side of the side of the road... Anyone know how much time you save in a 25 by not riding round the left hand side of the course?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

If you are talking about the photo where there are four Alex’s superimposed in a row then that was the Maldon Hilly and that corner was on a very quiet and exposed section of country lane. Everyone took the same line (although a lot slower obviously) and it would have been foolish to stay to the left at that point.

It does not have 4 Alex's superimposed.
People get DQ'd up here if a marshall reports cornering like that, quiet conuntry road or not.
Not sure how you can advocate that staying left could ever be foolish on open roads.
Bally
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlane wrote:

Was the 52'49 the one pictured on pg 116 of the comic a couple of weeks back with him taking a right hand junction in the right hand gutter of a 2 laned road?

Tsk Tsk.

No - it was in our open hilly event on Sunday!
Bally
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlane wrote:
Badger wrote:
Hugo Koblet wrote:
Pic of him riding the 25 in last week's cycling weekly made me shudder - tearing round a bend on the wrong side of road, wrong side of the side of the road... Anyone know how much time you save in a 25 by not riding round the left hand side of the course?

If you are talking about the photo where there are four Alex’s superimposed in a row then that was the Maldon Hilly and that corner was on a very quiet and exposed section of country lane. Everyone took the same line (although a lot slower obviously) and it would have been foolish to stay to the left at that point.

People get DQ'd up here if a marshall reports cornering like that, quiet conuntry road or not.
Not sure how you can advocate that staying left could ever be foolish on open roads.

He wasn't the only one:-

http://sheridan.zenfolio.com/maldonhilly_2011
olamba
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bally wrote:

I especially like pic 16. No room for confusion there. Confused
benlane
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bally wrote:
benlane wrote:
Badger wrote:
Hugo Koblet wrote:

Hmm, Was the junction marshalled? What are they ALL doing taking that line. Granted I don't know the roads, but it looks bad.
Bally
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlane wrote:
Bally wrote:
benlane wrote:
Badger wrote:
Hugo Koblet wrote:

Hmm, Was the junction marshalled? What are they ALL doing taking that line. Granted I don't know the roads, but it looks bad.

Almost certainly...

If there were hedges obscuring the view then I'd agree with you. As there aren't - can't see the problem.
Glad
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me awhile to work out where this was!
Riders came down the country lane from the top of the page to turn to their right off the left of the page. Marshal/photographer stood on the grass triangle.

Long, unobstructed field of vision in all directions.

http://tinyurl.com/6fpdagd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Time Trials/Hill Climbs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: